RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   @$$#0!e (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/139163-%40%24%24-0-e.html)

BJoe 10-10-2008 12:02 AM

@$$#0!e

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ervist06m.html

Monday, October 6, 2008 - Page updated at 12:22 PM
Permission to reprint or copy this article or photo, other than personal use, must be obtained from The Seattle Times. Call 206-464-3113 or e-mail resale@seattletimes.com with your request.
Kennewick reservist faces threats over landscaping

By John Trumbo
Tri-City Herald

KENNEWICK — Burke Jensen moved to Kennewick about a year ago, bought a nice house in the country south of the city and began to settle into a new job at Energy Northwest.
Then came the call five months ago to serve his country in Kuwait.
So Jensen, who says he is an involuntarily mobilized reservist, headed off, leaving behind a pregnant wife, a young son and a 2.5-acre lot with not a spot of landscaping.
Now, Lt. Jensen is being told to get an irrigation system and landscaping on his property as soon as possible or face legal action from the Oak Hill Country Estates Homeowners' Association.
"I really don't give a [expletive] where he is or what his problem is," said Chick Edwards, owner and developer of the 47-lot subdivision at the south end of Oak Street in Kennewick.
"It doesn't matter to me," said Edwards, who insists Jensen has violated terms of the homeowners-association covenants requiring that landscaping be completed within one year after an occupancy permit is issued for a home.
"[Jensen] doesn't have the right to walk away from his obligation," said Edwards, who as the developer is the only member of the homeowners association. "I have most of the property still, so I am the homeowners association," he said.
Jensen's situation is complicated by the fact his wife chose to return with her son to stay with family on the East Coast for the duration of her pregnancy, leaving the home unoccupied.
Jensen's attorney, Tony DeAlicante of Redmond, Ore., said Jensen had paid a landscaper thousands of dollars to design and install an irrigation system and hydroseed the large lot this summer.
But DeAlicante said it appears the landscaper may have abandoned the job with the irrigation system only partially completed and no seeding done.
DeAlicante said Jensen also would like to find a renter for his home, but Edwards said that would be a commercial use not allowed by the homeowners association.
"He's not going to rent it," said Edwards. He said an attorney who has reviewed the covenants agrees.
An e-mail on Friday from Jensen to DeAlicante, which was provided to the Herald, says several of Jensen's fellow employees at Energy Northwest are helping to clear the property of weeds and blow out sprinkler lines, if necessary, to make sure they will not freeze during the winter. It also says a neighbor used a tractor to mow weeds.
Rick Miller, whose home is in sight of Jensen's, said he's sympathetic to Jensen's situation. "Given the circumstances, it doesn't bother me," he said. "He can't control the circumstances."
DeAlicante said he has written Edwards to tell him the federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act prevents any civil legal action from being taken against someone on active military duty overseas. He also maintains Edwards cannot legally prevent Jensen from renting his property.
But Edwards said he isn't backing down.
"This is a contract. I don't like the way his property looks. This clown gets to do what he wants, and I'm as mad as hell," he said.

Copyright © 2008 The Seattle Times Company
<!-- start omniture --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://marketplace.nwsource.com/shared/js/s_code.js?v=1.0" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://marketplace.nwsource.com/shared/js/omniHelper.js?v=1.0" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!-- if ('function' == typeof window.omni_pageCode) { omni_pageCode(); } try {var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)} catch(err){}//--> </SCRIPT><!-- end omniture -->

JasonInAugusta 10-10-2008 12:10 AM

Sounds like it's time to unleash the powers of RCC (and PBB) on this Edwards prick. :lol:

NorCal 2500HD 10-10-2008 12:15 AM

Chick Edwards at (509) 582-5679 32220 S Oak St, Kennewick, WA 99337

Have fun......."thumbsup"

BJoe 10-10-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD (Post 1376788)
Chick Edwards at (509) 582-5679 32220 S Oak St, Kennewick, WA 99337

Have fun......."thumbsup"

Funny, somebody on NAXJA did the same thing;-)

K_B 10-10-2008 02:36 AM

Here's a radio interview with good ol' Chick Edwards... the "hay farmer"...

http://www.bobrivers.com/ontheshow/b...ismode=article

jc052685 10-10-2008 02:56 AM

what an A$$!!! The things I would tell this guy in person.........

TattooKenny 10-10-2008 03:10 AM

Unreal:twisted: I would crack this guys scull open if I saw him face to face! A grown man gets deployed to serve his country and this prick is worried about some grass!!!! I would love to see the soldier and the military fire back at this guy with a law suite of there own. I with Jason on this one, I say we give him the RCC treatment"thumbsup" Christ on a pop cycle this has me pissed off:twisted: Someone need to put a ass kicking on this guy like he's never had before!

nothinbutpower 10-10-2008 05:39 AM

Apearantly this guy doesn't give a darn about our country and the men and women that serve!! That REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!! I want Edwards to go over seas and fight with our guys and see if he's concerned about a couple of weeds while he's over there. Especially if the neighbors aren't complaining then who is he to care! Sounds like he just wants to play Hitler especially since he's the only person on the homeowners association! How is 1 guy going to make decisions for all of the owners in that subdivision? That's bs to begin with!! Sounds like all of his neighbors need to get on that association and make Edward's life a living heck! That's what I would do! Time to fight back legally/fairly and turn the tables! Make this a fight for our country versus 1 country moron that is letting his money go to his head! Time for a reality check!:twisted::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

Mr.Slave 10-10-2008 06:42 AM

dont believe everything you read.
especially not from any type of media.

question everything.

Big Mike 10-10-2008 07:31 AM

What a fricking PRICK. It has been quite a while since I've heard of an a$$hole of this magnitude.

A real American answers his country's call to serve overseas, possibly putting his life on the line while leaving a pregnant wife at home, and all this rich-ass developer prick can think about is the fricking LAWN???

I'm with TattoKenny and nothinbutpower, this really pisses me the hell off. Just who does this Chick Edwards guy think he is? He needs a two-fisted, steel-toe-booted reality check IMO. I'd like to cram a sprinkler head down his worthless throat. Irrigate THAT, bitch!!

If I were in Chick's shoes, I'd tell Mr. Jensen not to worry about the lawn and irrigation system, that I'd take care of it for him while he was away, and thank you for your service to our country...

STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER 10-10-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Slave (Post 1376887)

question everything.

wow, you really know how to put your foot in your mouth, EH?:roll:

have you ever had to DEAL with any of these "homeowners associations?"

i have friends that have, and you literally have to beg for permission to do the littlest things to your home. i had a friend and his family end up going to court with a homeowner's association over a friggin' STORM DOOR!!!

once again, this goes to show that these "homeowners assocIATIONS" that most new housing developments REQUIRE you to join when you move in are nothing but BS and corruption....

thank god my neighborhood is old enough that one of these doesn't exist in it....

JeremyH 10-10-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER (Post 1376964)
thank god my neighborhood is old enough that one of these doesn't exist in it....

Same here!!

It seems like this guy needs to move back to Canada....

montana.matt 10-10-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta (Post 1376783)
Sounds like it's time to unleash the powers of RCC (and PBB) on this Edwards prick. :lol:

X2... time to Wenzel this jackass"thumbsup"

NeXt559 10-10-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

question everything.

well do enlighten us mr.slave

and i too have delt w/ home owners accosiations and have a definatly have fond hatred for them.ive actually been fined for the tree in my front yard not growing fast enough:shock:

montana.matt 10-10-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeXt559 (Post 1377002)
well do enlighten us mr.slave

and i too have delt w/ home owners accosiations and have a definatly have fond hatred for them.ive actually been fined for the tree in my front yard not growing fast enough:shock:

This isn't a homeowners association. The dikhed said:
"[Jensen] doesn't have the right to walk away from his obligation," said Edwards, who as the developer is the only member of the homeowners association. "I have most of the property still, so I am the homeowners association," he said.
Sounds like a fawking dictatorship to me:roll:
As soon as I go to the bathroom to drop an Edwards, I'm gonna call this prick (509-582-5679)"thumbsup"

As far as Mr Slave goes, he doesn't have a clue...... again:lol:

cjsmith4 10-10-2008 09:05 AM

i would have to agree. home owners associations are no good. they just like to control peoples lives. i understand that they want the houses in the neighborhood to look nice and all but the story about the guy having to go to Kuwait is ridiculous. give him a break. he is out there putting his a$$ on the line for our country and some idiot back here is going to get his panties up in a bunch over landscaping? wow. sounds like he needs to go. BIG TIME!!!!

Mad Scientist 10-10-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJoe (Post 1376779)
..."I really don't give a [expletive] where he is or what his problem is," said Chick Edwards, owner and developer of the 47-lot subdivision at the south end of Oak Street in Kennewick.
"It doesn't matter to me," said Edwards, who insists Jensen has violated terms of the homeowners-association covenants requiring that landscaping be completed within one year after an occupancy permit is issued for a home.
"[Jensen] doesn't have the right to walk away from his obligation," said Edwards, who as the developer is the only member of the homeowners association. "I have most of the property still, so I am the homeowners association," he said...

Seriously!?

bar321 10-10-2008 11:11 AM

lets all egg his house

Harley 10-10-2008 11:20 AM

No......fuking......way.

What a D-bag!

TattooKenny 10-10-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

question everything.

Why is it that you always chime in with some kind of smart ass remark about a topic that you don't even care about? You know the kind of response that you are going to get on here. There are a lot of other forums that you can chat away on besides here. Almost all of your post are in chat. You have done nothing to help this site. Prick! Eh?:flipoff: This soldier is one of the many who protect your ass to! Mr. Canada, who do you think watches your asses, AMERICA! Remember we still have guns;-)