RCC Addict

Default Chrysler

Interesting...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...ctories-month/
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Wow that is going to suck. (Chrysler employee says) I got laid off for Christmas.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

We had one large auto dealer in Minneapolis close the doors on 7 dealerships a couple of weeks ago Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet and GM

Denny Hecker he also lost his Auto finance company the entire auto industry is on the skids it's not just Chrysler.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The car manufacturers need to go back to the old way of building a car. Don't build anything til you have an order for it. By doing this they would be filling the demand as ordered, rather than building shit most people don't want anyway. I remember ordering my Dad ordering cars and waiting for them to be made, the car dealer called him and told him when it was going to be made and when if would be delivered to the dealership.

Building on speculation has helped ruin the auto and housing markets, along with bad debt loans, and an over mass production of both!!!!

Old style business of Demand driving the market is the way to do proper business. Instead of having millons of cars and houses built that no one can afford just sitting while the builders are in debt with money spent on crap they can't sell. IMO!!!
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
Custom Carbon Fiber

dont worry, the current administration, union and Wagoner will save them.

i just love how the Volt is getting a 1.4 liter GAS engine to help increase the vehicle mileage. yeah great thinking how many years late?

[end my heavy sarcasm]
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
The car manufacturers need to go back to the old way of building a car. Don't build anything til you have an order for it.
Agreed 100%

They need some cars floating for say people in a rush to buy, and for show, but I think if cars went back to more custom made there'd be a huge change in the industry saving tons of time and money for them.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

It's called Just In Time manufacturing.
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
Hell's Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman46mod View Post
Wow that is going to suck. (Chrysler employee says) I got laid off for Christmas.
Chrysler employee> Yes, I did get laid off for Christmas. No joke. Anyone in S.E. PA need a 9 year Chrysler certified parts advisor? Happy ****ing new year. :-(
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumTheMad View Post
Chrysler employee> Yes, I did get laid off for Christmas. No joke. Anyone in S.E. PA need a 9 year Chrysler certified parts advisor? Happy ****ing new year. :-(
i feel your pain as a t1 supplier i got the same boot .mine just starts after i pack up all the chry. tools on my line an watch them drive away. they pulled all there tools out of my shop.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I feel for you guys. I was just wondering if you think there will be a re-start in January like they say?
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

yes.gm is doing the same thing.they say its a restructuring.both are going to be down till late jan. early feb.they call chry the lame duck.but they have about 13 billion around to live off of.remember gm was going to trade cirribus the rest of gmac for chry. to get there money to help them ride this out. about a job this isnt the first or the last time ive been on the marvin express.i applyed to a competator on the way in to work today. heard they were looking for 150 bodys.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I work for a tier 1 supplier for all of the big three and our orders are down 45%. We are expecting a layoff in January, hopefully not me!
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:27 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I feel for all of you who are in this, I was a UAW member 15 years back. I am now in the business of making Toilet paper.....Demand doesn't go down !!

Good luck to all of you effected.
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Chrysler and GM have re-begun their merger talks.

Come on Penske go beat up Wagoner and take over. Wagoner is a failure.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #15
RCC Addict

At Mercedes-Benz, we build our cars by orders. But it is still affecting us as well. We will not be on 40 hrs for the first 1/4 of the year( unless things get better). The customers have almost stopped buying new automobiles. It's tough but things will turn around. question is WHEN
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

question for automakers........persay...what ifsay gm goes out of bussiness and folds up, what happens to people with paid for warrenties?
and genuine gm parts availability?
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad91 View Post
question for automakers........persay...what ifsay gm goes out of bussiness and folds up, what happens to people with paid for warrenties?
and genuine gm parts availability?
GM will never go "out of business". they will simply file for bankruptcy and shed all thier bad debt while restructuring.

Chrylser is another story.....

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

also . im in residential construction myself and i feel your pain!if my boss wasnt my dad i would be out of a job right now.one of our builders accountants said out of his mouth( we are gonna screw the subcontractors, better them then us!) that blew my mind! they told us ( cant you just pay your guys less / be happy we are giving you anything to do. and if we arent making money neither will you!) tomac inc can kiss my ***!!!

well anyways ..enough of my rants, and my familys company is holding on by a thread from being bankrupt. i was lucky enough to find a new job starting monday after xmas. and am planning to buy a ford pickup next weekend.since i dont own a vehicle, except me and my wifes chrysler mini van
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #19
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Chrysler and GM have re-begun their merger talks.
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081218/gm_chrysler_talks.html
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
The car manufacturers need to go back to the old way of building a car. Don't build anything til you have an order for it. By doing this they would be filling the demand as ordered, rather than building shit most people don't want anyway. I remember ordering my Dad ordering cars and waiting for them to be made, the car dealer called him and told him when it was going to be made and when if would be delivered to the dealership.

Building on speculation has helped ruin the auto and housing markets, along with bad debt loans, and an over mass production of both!!!!

Old style business of Demand driving the market is the way to do proper business. Instead of having millons of cars and houses built that no one can afford just sitting while the builders are in debt with money spent on crap they can't sell. IMO!!!
I remember those days it was a good system and it was actually fun to wait for your order. But it will never happen like that again. The "little three" need tio design and build better cars they have all depended on truck sales for to long and IMO they build the best trucks but that's not going to be enough. I'd still like to see them get some help from our government Wall Street sure did.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote