Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Builders Block?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Builders Block?

Who else is suffering from this tormenting mental issue? For some reason I've lost all drive to touch my RC's right now. Having my tuber in the state it is, is rather aggravating. I look around the board and go "Oh that's cool! ... I like that a lot!" But just can't seem to find my groove. I've even contemplating selling my project to go another route. But I don't know what I want to do.

Anyone else in this situation?
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

JIA was stuck in the same "Don't wana do crap with crawlers" for a while till he got the Cambell buggy from me now he looks like he's getting some of the "Fever" back We all get burnt out every once and a while. Just walk away from it for a few days and you will come back around

Last edited by TattooKenny; 02-25-2009 at 11:34 PM.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Yup, did that with my trophy truck project.

Got it 90% of the way done (more or less) and sold it. Just lost its magic or something...

My Revo has been sitting for months now, only brought it out a few weeks ago to run it through a newly iced over yard for a tank or two, then it went back on the shelf. Thinking about selling it too and try for a 2.2 comp or scaler/basher or something. No point having it around if I'm not gonna play with it. Whatever keeps me moving I guess...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, but its just soo damn hard to stay away from this site. You a$$holes are too damn creative!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Who else is suffering from this tormenting mental issue? For some reason I've lost all drive to touch my RC's right now. Having my tuber in the state it is, is rather aggravating. I look around the board and go "Oh that's cool! ... I like that a lot!" But just can't seem to find my groove. I've even contemplating selling my project to go another route. But I don't know what I want to do.

Anyone else in this situation?

Yup.

Like Kenny said. I've been losing interest and not wanting to build.

But, as it is right now, I've got 7 different builds that I'm bouncing between.

Taking a break helps.

Problem is that when I mess with stuff, it's for work.

Even the personal projects turn into work projects.

Sucks. It goes from something that you WANT to work on to something that you HAVE to work on.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

i work at a hobby shop and all i do is work on nitro vehicles all day.
when i get home i dont wanna do shit.much less work on my stuff, but i gotta tell myself that if i dont do it then it'll be forever before i get to it and just sits there.

so i turn on the radio, close my door, and get after it.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

2 years ago I bought all the parts to convert a Revo to brushless. Then I stopped. Then the E-Revo came out and I really stopped. I just got back on it yesterday and am almost done.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Maybe I was just a little to darring with my project... not enough experience, no work space, little funding. I think I need a new RTR or something to get me up and going again.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
Maybe I was just a little to darring with my project... not enough experience, no work space, little funding. I think I need a new RTR or something to get me up and going again.
Wanna buy a Revo?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Wanna buy a Revo?

No.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:

No.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #12
Hell's Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Yup.

Like Kenny said. I've been losing interest and not wanting to build.

But, as it is right now, I've got 7 different builds that I'm bouncing between.

Taking a break helps.

Problem is that when I mess with stuff, it's for work.

Even the personal projects turn into work projects.

Sucks. It goes from something that you WANT to work on to something that you HAVE to work on.

I hear that. My job used to be that way. I was a auto technician over 16 years ago. I loved building my Jeep at the time. Fix cars at work and work on the Jeep at home. That was a drag. Then I went into the parts department and turned working on cars from full time to pass time. I could do what I wanted and was much more happy working on my stuff.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #13
20K Club

Lately I have caught a bad case of the "fawkits". I don't want to do much of anything but drive, thank god the weather is getting better.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
RCC Addict

When i get sick of working on stuff, thats when this thing called the slash comes into the scene. For me it's hitting stuff as fast as it can go and as far as i can launch it. Then it eventually breaks, and i lose all hope :-(
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I was that way when I was all Nitro, snow fell and I just lost complete interest for months. The tuning and crap in the cold just sucks. Since I got back into electrics, I tinker with them all the time, even if its to just tear them down and clean them all up and reassemble. I love being able to run them in the house or in any weather and not beed a temp gun, fuel bottle, tuning screwdriver and a glow ignitor in my pockets. Just Plug and Play!
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
RCC Addict

I think for me it is the boredom with doing the same thing everyday. I work my 40+ hours and in between the wife and dog I am in the hobby room. Gets old doing the same thing everyday. Sure there is always something new to build, but it all contributes to that specific vehicle.

I jump around from Vintage to scaler to mini to comper to, well, nothing else. Maybe I need to fire up the ol 360 and get sucked back into that time warp. I bet a lot of us just get sick of doing the same things everyday. Maybe that is what it is about.

Plus winter and lack of money for most of us makes it suck right now.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I just sit in the garage in front of the work bench, play music and drink beer until I get motivated. Things start to happen after the 5th or 6th beer. I make sure the laptop has RCC loaded up
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Yeh I encounter that about twice a month but having about 8 projects mean there's always something to move onto. The one thing i have major BB on right now is tuber building. I know exactly what I want to build and how to build them but just can't be bothered to start.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
Custom Carbon Fiber

actually just getting back in the build mind with my Buggy now because of that. my mind was all over the place on what to do next and just wanting to finish it.

took a little break and started another project and now im close to finished with it. plus the Snow is melting and the seasons are starting soon so that helps too.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote