Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My fleet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #1

Default My fleet more pics on page 2 updated 10/4/05

Here's a pic of 48 of my 52 R/Cs all are hobby grade(no nikkos, tycos or radio shack etc) not pictured are my three boats and Kyosho motorcycle. i've been meaning to do this ever since we moved, but haven't really had a chance or the energy. it took me quite a while today to get them all outside and shoot them (as a group and individually) but seeing as this is one of the last nice days we are likely to have here in the north east i figured i should get to it. hope you like them, and i always enjoy comments.
i will start posting individual pics with specs asap. -M

ok, the pics are coming alphabetically from my hard drive so even though this first one is not the most exciting its the first!
Kyosho Ultima baja bug (1:24 scale i believe) this is the "original" Mini as it was released in the early '90's
stock ecept for full ballbearings, new tires, and the BRP "mini T- yota" body

Next up is my pair of Batmobiles, these are hobby grade R/Cs made back in 1989 by Richman toys to coincide with the first Batman film, one is the numbered aluminum chassised version the other is the nice fiberglass chassis version, some day ill get around to putting the light kit in one of them.

these are my Marui Big Bears, this is the original R/Cmonster truck released a few months before the Blackfoot back in the early days. Mine are both mostly stock both have full ball bearings, and the green one has the nice chrome aftermarket rims but that’s about it. The white one was given a slight body lift as the body on these tend to rub the front tires when the suspension moves.

Here’s the one that started it all for me back in the 80’s, id owned toy R/Cs but this was my first REAL R/C. ive owned probally a half dozen different Blackfoot(s) over the years and in many different incarnations, this one has full BBs, some custom aluminum rear shock towers that I made, the vintage imex jumbo dawg tires, and the Toyota hardbody that I stole from some toy truck.

This Bruiser is one of my work in progress trucks.
I’m still gathering some of the parts like the radio boxes, but most of it is there and runs. After I get all the parts ill tear it down have the metal parts powdercoated and get to work on the body, it has full BBs,a 4channel radio system, and the sweet aluminum rims that I won from Hua at RC4WD.

This is a tamiya TL01 chassis that was going to be kind of a rally type basher, added hpi aluminum shocks, carbon fiber drive shaft, BBs, and hpi rims and tires, then they discontinued the Corolla rally body. The celica body is on there until I find something “more rally” that I like.

This is a Tamiya TA02 chassis, full BBs, aluminum hpi shocks, and the shortened clodbuster body.

My “Clod racer” built this with the intention of doing some clod racing then we moved and no one around here races. Xtreme racing XC2 carbon fiber chassis and links, Thunder tech bumper/skid plate and servo mount, threaded aluminum shocks, full BBs, custom wheel wideners, adjustable motor mounts, monster mash mod motors, and a Andys Silverado body.

My first ever Clod now sports a esp clodzilla 4 chassis and links minus the cantilevers in favor of the upright shocks for more articulation. esp aluminum steering, customized rc guy bumpers, threaded aluminum shocks, independent front and rear steer by way of a 4 channel airtronics radio system, mag mayhem motors wired to an Lrp speed control, and of course full bearings.

E-Maxx with Maxximizer beadlocks, Imex tires and aluminum bumpers and skids from New era. Stock titans and Evx and the Hummer (the only true Hummer the H1) body.

This one is kind of funny, I bought the body thinking it would look good on one of my trucks but its too heavy and fragile to use. i had the chassis hanging around for years, so I just put them together since im never going to run either of them again, looks nice on the shelf. Tamiya Falcon with full BBs, CRP monster truck conversion, imex blackfoot rims and puller tires.

This started out as a Tamiya Pajero that I got in a trade. It was pretty messed up by the previous owner so I didn’t feel too bad messing with it.
Cut the chassis along the “frame rails” made a 4 link rear for it and chopped the front to get all the suspension travel I could, I locked the rear diff., added associated shocks, BBs, cut TLT tires and rims and made some aluminum skids. Oh and the Blackfoot body.

Varicom big Grizzly, stock except for BBs and a really nicely airbrushed body that I picked up in a trade.

Kyosho Heavy metal stock right down to the MSC. I did put Full ball bearings in, which does wonders for it.

This is a completely restored hotshot two that I put together from a box of parts that I got as part of a trade, even has the right era of stick controller. Has BBs, could use a new wing as there is a small crack in the current one.

Tamiya Humvee I really like this rig even if it is kind of top heavy, added BBs and the 50cal. why mess with perfection.

This is my Tribute to the man! Ivan “Iron man” Stewart. TL01 chassis, full BBs, aluminum shocks, carbon fiber drive shaft and battery release,and a nice set of aluminum rims. obviously I still need to paint the body.

I made this jeep from a 1/6th scale gi joe jeep body(i had to make the windshield and frame from brass as the jeep didnt come with one), and mounted it on a modified kyosho 1/9th scale 4runner frame with 4 link rearend and a belt drive transmission that i made.i i made adapters so i could run the stock jeep wheels and tires.

Another classic my Team Losi JRXT still a great running truck, I have BBs and a modified motor in it and I flies.

This is a truck I built more recently(in the last two years) it was featured in one of the first readers rides in RC Driver magazine. I chopped up a Tamiya TXT frame, mated two mag mayhem motors to a TXT tranny to feed power to the locked up Kyosho Mad force axles through traxxas slider driveshafts.
I made some 4links,mounts and skid plates from aluminum and added 1/8th scale ofna shocks, and aluminum bead lock rims wrapped in Deathgrip tires.
The original name for this project was “Nitemare” as I ran into quite a few problems getting it all to come together and the Bronco body, but someone suggested it was a “Mad-1” as it was part Mad force and part TXT-1 I kinda like that too.

This is a R/C I bet not too many people remember as it pretty much tanked and left the market soon after its arrival. a Kyosho Maxxim FF front wheel drive buggy. Stock except for BBs and the body.

The Mini Giant I fixed the front end/servo up to solve the bump steer problem, add BBs and it runs a lot better, a fun little truck to play with.

My Team Losi Mini-T now sports aluminum arms front and rear, an aluminum bumper and the losi aluminum shocks, plust the new larger rubber and another BRP “Mini t- yota” body painted up like my 1:1 Tacoma

My one and only nitro powered R/C this Traxxas nitro Hawk has the upgraded pro .15 engine and ez start, and a stinger. Its nice and runs well but im not much of a nitro fan.

Another “work in progress” truck this is/was going to be a puller of sorts(more of an experiment with the tranny) as I had a power wheels tranny in my parts box as well as the Bullhead body so I made a simple aluminum chassis with a pan car frontend, I have run it via a battery and some wires but have yet to get a radio system installed.

Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin this is the truck my wife likes to run full BBs, traxxas shocks, and pro-line 2.2 tires on blackfoot rims.

Last edited by mattallica; 10-06-2005 at 12:57 PM.
mattallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Can I have them?
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

So what is your guessimate as to how much you have invested in all of those?
Esteban86K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I wish i had thta many.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

52?!?!? Holy shiite! I thought having 6 was a lot.

Which one is your favorite?
camel_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Okay, my 17 sounds weak now. Off to the LHS to keep up with the Jones'
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Bet you can't run them all at once by yourself.
kwj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
06 Super National Champ

Nice.

Can I get more info on the yellow Flattie?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

That makes me want to buy more. Funny how that works.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

wow i thought my 5 was alot.... that is one hell of a collection... does ur wife kno about them????
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #11

the jeep is of course a 1/6th scale gi joe jeep body(i had to make the windshield and frame from brass as the jeep didnt come with one), its mounted on a modified kyosho 1/9th scale 4runner frame with 4 link rearend and a belt drive transmission that i made.i i made adapters so i could run the stock jeep wheels and tires(still need to make some covers for the wheel centers) heres a closer shot -M

oh and yes the wife knows about all of them she has even bought a few of them for me

Last edited by mattallica; 10-02-2005 at 06:36 AM.
mattallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

That thing is way sweet, i'll take 2!
totalxbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I have 2, but i wish i had 5.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Wish I could see 'em, but I'm just getting the "X".
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Wish I could see 'em, but I'm just getting the "X".
I am on Mozilla, and not even getting that much. I would like to see though.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I am also on mozilla, I could see the pics earlier, but not now
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

the pics were working a bit ago
he posted some pics here aswell
http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=14539
TerribleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Clodtalk! Sacrilidge! My TXT, Maxx and Twin Force would burst into flames if I click on that link!
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I can't see any pics over there either...............but I did get a good laugh out of this:

Mattalica
Usefull Posts: -610

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Clodtalk! Sacrilidge! My TXT, Maxx and Twin Force would burst into flames if I click on that link!
yeah i know ct sucks

yeah i forgot you have to be signed in over there to see pics
TerribleOne is offline   Reply With Quote