Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Need Insurance advice!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Need Insurance advice!!!

So I have decided I need to get rentors insurance and add a policy for my r/c stuff.

I am hopeing to get info on the best way to go about doing all the photos /replacement values ect... Is there a good way to do it ...

Thanks guys...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

State Farm has good renters ins. They have you photograph everything insured and serial #'s on electronics. I had $100k for about $200 every 6 months when I rented. You can do everything needed in about 2 days. They are really easy to deal with. My friend had them and lost his entire apt. to fire, they had him a check 5 days later, put him a hotel, and gave him a check that day to go get cloths and toiletries.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I also have State Farm for auto,home owners, a thing like Aflac and a kind of work mans comp. The more you get with them the bigger the discounts you get and they are really easy to work with.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
RCC Addict

x3 on State Farm. I pay $17 a month for $50,000 in replacement value. wow, I think I need to up that now that I think about it.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

State Farm is a good company, but don't forget about your independent agents in your area. I am an independent agent and represent multiple companies. The nice thing about Independent agents is if you do see a rise in your rates, they have other carriers to place you with. A captive, like State Farm, can only sell State Farm. Not sure if a company called Auto Owners is in your area, but look them up. They are one of the few companies that are A+ rated and have top notch claims service. If they are not in your area, Travelers, Safeco, Metlife and Hartford are always good.

With that said, most agencies have log sheet they can give you to fill out for all your stuff. You can always just use excel on your computer and make the log that way. Go room by room and fill out your spreadsheet. The other thing I recommend is a video of your belongings along with Pictures. You can do a room by room video of everything there and pictures of the High $$ stuff. Just remember that Jewelry,guns, silverware,art and the other luxury items have to be scheduled to be covered properly. All the above mentioned have small sub limits in the Renters policy. Jewelry usually only has a $1k coverage in the policy, anything above that has to be scheduled. If you want PM me if you have any ??'s
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ive got the agent and the plan mostly set up just wondering how to do the log sheets

models pics est value how do you est value on a custom scaler.....
how about tools itemeise or lay them all out take pic and set replacement value. Heck I go so mant damn tools I would have to catagorize then take group shots How about misc parts i buy hardware bulk....

I think ya get the idea.... a good way to cover my ass reguardless of who im insured by....

Excell you mean that crazy ass office software the one where my lil boxes keep moviong and the darn margins get all messed up................................................ .......

Me and excell dont get along so well.......Is there maybe a software out there..... I have a 40 gig ext h/d I can use it would be nice to get it all laid out in some formality of which I am not learned of yet..

Thanks guys Dave
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote