Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Got to RANT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Got to RANT

Ok so today we got off the freeway and was waiting on the off ramp at the red light and there was maybe 6-7 cars in front of us. Well as i was looking ahead i watched a F-250 and a small passenger car hit head on in the intersection! Just seconds after the hit our light turned green and all the cars that were waiting a head of us just drove off and went around the car without stopping! Not a single car in any direction got out to help these poor people!!!! Well after watching a dozen cars drive around this lady and everyone just sit there and look i went around all the cars to get down there to help these people. In the mean time the truck had gone 100yrds down the road before stopping and not one person was down there checking on him either. After me being at the ladies car for a minimum of 3 min someone else decided they would stop! And ran over to check on her also, i told him she is fine go check the guy in the truck! so he ran down there to check on them. Everyone turned out to be fine but both cars were totaled and not a single person wanted to go check on these people Whats wrong with people?? if your in the front and watched it happen why would you not get out to help but instead just drive around it when the light turns green? That really got under my skin! if it was just a minor fender bender that would be different but when these 2 cars hit head on at high speeds and the car spins in circles and you dont go check but just drive off...its BULLSHIT!! ...................Rant off!
01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01XJ View Post
Ok so today we got off the freeway and was waiting on the off ramp at the red light and there was maybe 6-7 cars in front of us. Well as i was looking ahead i watched a F-250 and a small passenger car hit head on in the intersection! Just seconds after the hit our light turned green and all the cars that were waiting a head of us just drove off and went around the car without stopping! Not a single car in any direction got out to help these poor people!!!! Well after watching a dozen cars drive around this lady and everyone just sit there and look i went around all the cars to get down there to help these people. In the mean time the truck had gone 100yrds down the road before stopping and not one person was down there checking on him either. After me being at the ladies car for a minimum of 3 min someone else decided they would stop! And ran over to check on her also, i told him she is fine go check the guy in the truck! so he ran down there to check on them. Everyone turned out to be fine but both cars were totaled and not a single person wanted to go check on these people Whats wrong with people?? if your in the front and watched it happen why would you not get out to help but instead just drive around it when the light turns green? That really got under my skin! if it was just a minor fender bender that would be different but when these 2 cars hit head on at high speeds and the car spins in circles and you dont go check but just drive off...its BULLSHIT!! ...................Rant off!

Didn't anyone tell you that people suck? For real though, at least everyone was OK.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I was T-boned and not one car stoped to check on us. I would guess about 6-8 cars watched it happen. No one cares anymore about others, they are in to big of a hurry.

Last edited by SPECIAL ED; 03-23-2009 at 10:33 PM.
SPECIAL ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes people do suck... big time.

I once saw a car get tagged in the rear spinning them out across the intersection. I drove over to the car and made sure everyone was ok, and the a-hole in the other car drove off. Called the cops and waited till they showed up, gave my words and was on my way.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

My youngest son Jon called me today. He was driving on I-75 coming north from southern Ky. A Dodge pickup pulling a trailer was in front of him really smoking. A passing car motioned to the driver of the truck to pull over, upon doing so the truck burst into flames. My son stopped to help, called the state police for help, blocked the interstate traffic just before the gas tank blew and the truck then was covered in flames 20 feet tall from the gas or diesel I'm not sure. Seems the guy had just had a new transmission installed last week. My thoughts were that being a Dodge prone for blowing transmission lines under heavy loads. That the ruck had indeed blown a tranny line, the fluid got on the exhaust and caused the fire.
The trailer contained a $18,000 motor cycle. Both the trailer and cycle were saved by fire fighters and no one was hurt. The truck was a total loss. I and the state police told my son that he had done a good job in a bad situation. I am proud of both of my boys.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
Who's your Daddy-0!

I think in today's world people are to busy to stop but also they don't want to get sued! I have heard many stories of people lending a hand to people that have been hurt on for it to bite them in the ass with a law suit! When I had to re up my First Aid and CPR last year they even told us not to aid someone unless their life depended on it......sad world we live in now.....
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Whats wrong with people??
These days most people are lacking patience and are self important. It's sad really.

Just the other day, I helped a lady with her car. It had died at a traffic light in my lane and most folks just drove around and kept going. I pulled into the parking lot, hopped out and told her to put it into neutral. I pushed while she steered. She said that she could take care of it after that and started to make a cell phone call. It took me all of 5 minutes.

I dont understand why something so simple is so hard for others....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Sadly a lot of people do suck. No compassion for fellow man anymore. When I renewed my CPR and First Aid in August they taught us that the first two steps where to ask are you ok and may I help you. Someone could be freaking dying and you have to ask them if it is ok to help them. That is crazy.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I think in today's world people are to busy to stop but also they don't want to get sued! I have heard many stories of people lending a hand to people that have been hurt on for it to bite them in the ass with a law suit! When I had to re up my First Aid and CPR last year they even told us not to aid someone unless their life depended on it......sad world we live in now.....
Nail on the head i think.

I dont think its laziness or selfishness its just to easy to turn around and sue the person who grabbed you out of your car just before it blew up.

If they dont sue you then its worrying about going to court as a witness for the person trying to sue the other person.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post

Why would you aid your help if CPR was not in progress? With that said if someone is getting CPR then my vote is they need help. Im a instructor of CPR and have never said that to any of my students.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Nail on the head i think.

I dont think its laziness or selfishness its just to easy to turn around and sue the person who grabbed you out of your car just before it blew up.

If they dont sue you then its worrying about going to court as a witness for the person trying to sue the other person.

my brother in law was coming home from seal beach on his gsxr 1000 when an a-hole cut him off. my brother in law,dean,layed the bike down like he should and slid right under the car. the car kept going and the only reason it stopped was because of the bike lodged under it!well two surgeys later dean is walking again.he didnt sue but he took the other guy to court only because he was out of work on half pay(hes a diesel mechanic in the marines).the whole half hour it took me and my sister to get to the seen he was sitting in the side of the road bleeding no one stopping to help.its sad how people could just drive by and not even worry about the half unconcious guy laying UNDER a car. its a sad wrld we live in now.
hiluxerindumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

A couple years ago I was riding my BMX down the street, when a guy crossing an intersection didn't look and was turning too fast and hit me. I obviously was hit pretty hard but wasn't badly hurt, there were at least 6 cars there not a single one stopped to check on me. I stumbled to my feet as the guy was getting out of the car he asked if I was ok and as soon as I said yea the guy was getting in his car and drove away. He did not even offer me a ride home I had to call my dad to come pick me up as my bike was pretty beat.

People are really something now a days
nitromtcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Whats wrong with people??
THEIR IDIOTS

You on the other hand did an outstanding job. You should be proud
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #14
06 Super National Champ

Unless police or EMTs aren't at the location, I always stop.

Shoot, emaxxjeremy and I watched a guy in a mini-van plow into a stanchion for a bridge at 90+MPH right in front of us.

Dude wasn't wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the van. Actually folded the driver's side door against the fender on his way out.

I called 911 as I was getting out of the truck and running to the van. I got to the van and dude wasn't in it...he was about 75-80 feet away.

Got to him and he was in bad shape. Body was like jelly. Pretty mangled and he was gurgling/gasping for air.

I told 911 which mile marker I was at, and that they'd better get a heli on site or the guy wouldn't make it.

Van was on fire and Jeremy and I went back to it and searched for anyone else that might be inside.

Tons of people stopped to stare but nobody wanted to act.

Weirdest thing I've done is put out an engine fire with bottles of Gatorade. Damn that stinks.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #15
Sinking with the ship

I was on the expressway one night with the GF following a group of my friends to the movies. There was construction and the traveling speed went from people doing 65-70+ to about 35-40 in a matter of a second. I had just moved from the right lane to the middle lane when I look in my rear view and see headlights flying up way fast in the right lane. Next thing you know SMASH... lady in a corolla plowed right into the back of a explorer. I quick got to the right, looked and saw smoked (wasnt sure if it was coolent steam) grabbed the fire extinguisher from the Toy and ran over. The lady in the corolla was a edelery women and just didnt notice that traffic slowed up. She had her seat belt on and was OK but she said her chest hurt. I called 911 and ran over to the chick in the explorer. She was ok too but stuck in the car because it got hit so hard none of the doors would open. I manage to get the one rear door open and she got out and was ok. PD showed up, I gave a quick statement and was on my way...

No one else stopped and people were actually beeping thier horns and swirving all annoyed

I think its like everyone else said, everyone is worried about getting sued for helping... fawk up world we live in now a days...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
THEIR IDIOTS

You on the other hand did an outstanding job. You should be proud
whos idiots?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
whos idiots?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #18
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
whos idiots?
Did you mean whose?

Sucks when you use the wrong word when you're picking on someone for using the wrong word, doesn't it?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I think Jeremy got it JIA...you, maybe not?

Ironic as hell to hear how curtious people from this site are on the freeway. Wish they felt the same about their fellow Americans in regards to the economy.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

^^^^^ and this is how you turn any subject into a political debate ^^^^^

just kiddin...
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote