Notices

Thread: Tattoo's Q&A thread......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #21
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz View Post
how bad does the inside of the lip hurt
Not bad, it doesn't stay well though. Takes 2-3 times of doing it to get it to stay good
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Did a chick do your stick? Thats still wild dude
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I went with my best friend when he got his first tattoo about 15 years ago. He got his last name on his stomach...Olde English, solid black, letters roughly 3 1/2 inches tall.

I watched his feet and fingers squirm for almost the entire duration of each session. He loved it though...proud to bare his name.

All told he had about 20 at last count before he passed...lost him to a head injury induced from a skateboarding accident. His passion of all passions took him. He never said it, but he wouldn't have wanted it any other way if it had to be.

It's not the way I envisioned getting mine, and I'd like to have him there with me (he will be of course) but it's his memory and spirit that I'll be honoring with my first.

Any one else getting or carrying tribute art?
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
I went with my best friend when he got his first tattoo about 15 years ago. He got his last name on his stomach...Olde English, solid black, letters roughly 3 1/2 inches tall.

I watched his feet and fingers squirm for almost the entire duration of each session. He loved it though...proud to bare his name.

All told he had about 20 at last count before he passed...lost him to a head injury induced from a skateboarding accident. His passion of all passions took him. He never said it, but he wouldn't have wanted it any other way if it had to be.

It's not the way I envisioned getting mine, and I'd like to have him there with me (he will be of course) but it's his memory and spirit that I'll be honoring with my first.

Any one else getting or carrying tribute art?
I have one on my wrist that is in memory of a gal i was involved with for 7 years that got taken from me in a car accident. Its nothing real fancy, a copy of a yin/yang with flames around it that she had on her back. Out of all my tats that one still gets the most compliments for some reason!!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #25
Adilynsdad too!

will you tattoo my stick?

If so do I need to be "happy" or "sad"??
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
will you tattoo my stick?

If so do I need to be "happy" or "sad"??
Anything for you BD It needs to be sad when you get it done.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #27
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Anything for you BD It needs to be sad when you get it done.
well crap...

I really wanted "RCCrawler.com" on it but now all I can get is "RC"

any suggestions?

How small can you do text?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #28
Donkey Punch Champion!

Would you tattoo a yellow rose on my asshole?

How much, and do I need to shave?
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

i have my pit tattooed on my thigh that was done absolutly perfect! and my nephews names on my wrist
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #30
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Would you tattoo a yellow rose on my asshole?

How much, and do I need to shave?
You shave, tattoo is $250, handling fee is $2000
Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
Adilynsdad too!

I need a new disguise...

How much for something like this?
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #32
Oliver Custom Knives

I have an armband of elk antlers that ends in my arm pit , the arm pit is the most painfull one I have. Next would be the grizzly on my calf/shin , the shin ....... its painfull too. The fore arm is probably the least painfull , I fell assleep on my knives , this pic.

My guy is in Beuna Vista Colorado , 250 miles away , he is talking about moving to Denver , 400 miles away......... I'll follow him.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #33
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Anywhere there is a bone under the skin hurt for me. Got a dragon done on side of my calf. When the guy hit that bone on the outside of the knee, OHHHH man that smarted!
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post

Mike Ferguson in Cali at First Admendment Tattoo has a guy that still does it Also a guy named "PM" Permanate Mike in Cali does it also, he did a piece on me like that

Ok, next question
wow, thought i threw a curve ball w/ my question

but ne ways i actually talked to furguson during a tattoo convention here in fresno back on 07 really cool guy and from what i remember he was goin into business w/ one of the local guys. i wonder if that deal ever went through.

do u have any contact info for PM ? im doing a search and im not comin up w/ anything. just a myspace page; filipino guy, but he doesnt look like a tattoo artist
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #35
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
I need a new disguise...

How much for something like this?
For you free

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
Anywhere there is a bone under the skin hurt for me. Got a dragon done on side of my calf. When the guy hit that bone on the outside of the knee, OHHHH man that smarted!
It just feels that way when you are over or near a bone It causes more vibration is all. When we tattoo we only go to the 3 and 4th layer of skin. You have 7 layers, the outer layer is a dead layer. The places that hurt more have more nerve endings there than others. Doesn't matter how much fat you have, how tough you are, age, sex, ect.... nerves are nerves! We all have them in the same place

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXt559 View Post
wow, thought i threw a curve ball w/ my question

but ne ways i actually talked to furguson during a tattoo convention here in fresno back on 07 really cool guy and from what i remember he was goin into business w/ one of the local guys. i wonder if that deal ever went through.

do u have any contact info for PM ? im doing a search and im not comin up w/ anything. just a myspace page; filipino guy, but he doesnt look like a tattoo artist
Mike is a great guy and tattooist! He is a big voice in tattooing as well. I will get you his and PM's contact info and PM it to you in the next day or so. Mike will be here in Augusta for the 3rd Annual Augusta Tattoo Expo in a few months.....PM might be here as well
Old 03-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

I got this done almost 2yrs ago. I had to go back to get the Shadow redone. But it was painless and only took 4hrs total.

What should something like this cost? I paid $200..

run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #37
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
I got this done almost 2yrs ago. I had to go back to get the Shadow redone. But it was painless and only took 4hrs total.

What should something like this cost? I paid $200..

How big is it? Hard to tell from the small pict. And where is it on you (Body part)? The guy looks great from what I can see but the shadow looks all wrong? The shadow is to sketchy, it should be real smooth and light and solid like you see in the real pict.....
Old 03-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

It's about 8in tall. It's on the back of my Left Shoulder/Upper back. Ya I had to go back and get the Shadow redone. I had to cut him short to go to work. The Shadow is perfect now.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 03-29-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #39
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
It's about 8in tall. Ya I had to go back and get the Shadow redone. I had to cut him short to go to work. The Shadow is perfect now.
Gotcha, that was the before it was fixed pict $200 was a killer price for that piece You figure a good tattooist makes $100 an hour so you got it about half price I can't tell people enough, TIP your artist well and you will get deals like that!!!! A lot of people don't know that you should tip your artist.....YES you should! Just like you would if you went out to dinner. 15% is standard, 20% is what should be done, anything above that is GREAT

I had a guy tip me $100 on a $100 tattoo last week! When he came in for more work this weekend I gave him a $150 tattoo and just told him to tip me for it, whatever he wanted to give me. He gave me $80. So remember that next time any of you get tattooed, it pays in the long run to get on that "Good side" of your artist
Old 03-29-2009, 02:15 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, he does alot of work for guys in my field around here. His a gun nut too. John Wallace did it. I guess his dad (Cliff James) was pretty Famous from doing Black and greys.....

http://www.nextgentattoo.com/Jons_Ta...s_Tattoos.html

Just noticed he put my Tattoo on his site. Sweet..

Last edited by run2jeepn; 03-29-2009 at 02:41 AM.