Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ebay deal going south..what to do ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Ebay deal going south..what to do ?

Im having a problem with a guy who bought the emaxx i had for sale on ebay.he is disappointed in what he got even though everything that he got was listed in the auction.i think he is nit picking for no apparent reason.

1st here is the auction :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180332383524

heres what he said :
Hello,
I received in the truck today and was kinda disappointed.... I'm wondering about the stock OEM tools and manual? Also, you've included the bypass/auxilary shocks that are not mounted, but did not supply the screws/bolts to mount? No body clips either? I don't even have a socket that fits to put the tires & wheels on?? Truck looks to be in decent shape, body pretty rough but was stated so... In description you said truck w/all stock running gear?? So the stock shocks, wheels & tires, body clips, etc i figured would be included?? that all would be considered stock running gear. Please let me know if you have any of these items and can ship.
thanks

heres my reply :
im sorry you are disappointed.you should of asked if you were unclear about something in the auction.by me saying the truck uses stock running gear i was referring to the electronics which are all stock.as for the tools,i can look though my stuff for some. the wheels that came with the truck are all after market and use a 23 mm hex.the stock tools will not fit on it.as for the screws and body clips,sorry that was over looked. i can send those out. the manual, i dont have one.you can down load that off of traxxas.com for free. i never listed stock tires and shocks as included with truck, in ending everything that was listed in the auction came with the truck.
iam willing to work with you best i can.

what ya guys think and what do i do if the guy leaves a negative feedback ?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You stated very clearly that it was sold AS IS. There's the Caveat emptor. Sounds like he hasn't informed himself on the hobby. Anyone in the hobby would have body clips and a socket for the wheels. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it if you get some negative feedback, then again, I don't sell anything on that fleamarket. Carry on. Lifes too short.
Renslipevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

lol about complaining about body clips.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Suck it up!

He's nit-picking.

Throw him a link to the PDF version of the manual @ Traxxas, send him 4 body clips just 'cause you care, and be done with him.

You sold it as-is, and it seems he got exactly what he paid for.

If he leaves bad feedback, dispute it with eBay. Give them copies of your communications with him.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

thanks guys, i just get po with people like this.

Last edited by twisted; 03-09-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

The golden rule of doing business: caveat emptor Hell, I think that's one of the first thing eBay tells you when you sign up...

I am pretty sure this is the same BS I'm gonna go through with a Revo I just sold.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

hopefully your transaction goes smoothly. i cant really complain 99% of the time i have no problems with anyone. i hope this blows over and doesnt get drawn out.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
lol about complaining about body clips.
That is gold.
You did all the right things and that was a great reply. It sounds like he is new to the RC world. He is just trying to get the most for his money on ebay purchases. Sounds like a Craig's list buyer shopping on ebay.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

The thing with ebay and the AS IS statment is that on ebay even if you advertise it AS IS it must be described as best you can. If he can prove you hid something then as long as he sends it back they will refund him. If it is all as you desribed properly other than the extras you didnt include in the listing but sent him then I say tell him to piss off and be done with it. If he leave negative feedback you can reply below it and explain the situation for all to see. So long as everything is as it was decribed you have no problems.
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

you sold it "as is" got your money right, send him what you said you would and be done with him....like said keep all comm with him "just in case" you did more then you need to really.................bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #11

Similar problem when i sold my axial scorpion gave the guy everything i said i would and he tried asking for electronics just because he seen them in picture ad clearly stated no electronics.Sad to say he lost out trying to return it.Very important how you word ads like someone stated on here.
copter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #12
Hell's Gnome

Sounds like he's having buyers regret. Stated "as is", don't know what he expected. When I sell on ebay, it seems the disclaimer I feel I have to throw in at the end is longer than the discription anymore. :-(
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Always state AS-IS unless you are willing to warranty something.

Also NEVER and I mean NEVER show pictures with things in it that are not included. You can say it all you want. Take the time to strip it and show what they get.

CYA = Ebays new game.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Guys, I am not trying to be an ass but "AS IS" is not "AS IS" when it is on ebay. When you sell on ebay you and the buyer both agree to a contract at the end of the auction. Part of that contract is that the seller as accuratly and to the best of their ability described the item they are selling. If it can be proven that something was not decribed properly then ebay will give them their money back. That does not sound like the case here but you never know what ebay will do. I sold an ECU for a car a couple years ago.. I listed it "AS IS" because I did not know if it worked for sure. The auction went for over $200. 2 weeks or so later he claims it does not work and I told him it was "AS IS" and it had been insured so he can file a claim with the shipping company if he wanted. That was the last I heard from him untill about a week and a half later when the ECU showed up at my house and then ebay took the money out of my bank account and gave it back to him.

I am not saying this is what will happen but if everything you did decribe is as you described it and everything else is just extra your good and I, personally, would not worry with him anymore. Tell him those were extras and if he wants to use them then he has to provide the hardware or he can send the extras back to you and not except the gift. Otherwise if everything is as you decribed it dont worry about it.
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

well i think i pretty much described the auction accurately. i have yet to hear back from him. ill keep you posted.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

i have yet to hear back from the guy, makes me wonder if he is filing a dispute.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Nahh, i bet hes crying in his room.
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=47willysbuggy;1674478]Nahh, i bet hes crying in his room.[/QUOTE
still id like to know wtf he wants to do.complain then don't follow through... i dont get it
Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
still id like to know wtf he wants to do.complain then don't follow through... i dont get it
if you want to know send a email to him and say WTF are we good?
then leave feedback. i hate people that dont leave feedback, stupid asshats. by the way i read the ad and tell him you will send him the clips and wrench when he pays for shiping.
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Really, I think you've done everything you can by offering to send him the $5 worth of screws, body clips, etc. Seems like other than that, he was happy with it. As said, obviously a first time rc buyer, otherwise he'd have all this stuff and wouldn't have said a thing.

And complaining about missing the manual? Come on!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote