Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: wasted my $$ on a RTC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

moparman89 buy a gun an join the NRA and come out to a competition. I am sure we will treat you better and show you how to make what you have work for you.

http://www.nra.org/

http://www.idpa.com/

i will probably get kicked off the forum for this but at least you know there are people who will help newbies.
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default rtr madness

within the last 4 weeks i have found a new hobby- rc crawling. love it most addictive thing since car shows and boobies for me-maybe that should be the other way around... any how

i started out with a cliff climber rtr and felt the same way :-(, but learned my lesson.

i have big plans and they do include axial, i have a 4 channel radio coming, have ordered batteries and esc and charger on the way thanks to the classified section here but i think a rtr is in the eyes of the beholder.
i liked my cc, i just wanted bigger 1/10 scale.

the rtr is marketed to get people in the door with that company without having to spend a whole lot of money right off the bat, i think axial has done that with the rtc i was actually looking to get that one, but from the good luck i have had in the classifieds on here i probably wait and see what offered.....

sorry i rambled but people should read forums before they buy- i know i will from now on....
dragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragit View Post
sorry i rambled but people should read forums before they buy- i know i will from now on....

people would read forums if they knew they existed for certain products. also, some people dont have the time to search the net for forums for everything they buy. america is built on impulse buying. so if someone buys a product because that product is advertised to do a certain thing they are not going to get online and search for forums for that product before they buy said product. lets be real.

guess i should stop posting now before i get booted
Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDEcrawlerguy View Post
Hope he doesnt take a hacksaw to the truck...

And refuse to post pics.
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

i will tell you if you dont do the research (like checking forums or reviews)it not my money your wasting it yours.

its kinda like politics if you dont vote you really cant complain
Old 05-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
people would read forums if they knew they existed for certain products. also, some people dont have the time to search the net for forums for everything they buy. america is built on impulse buying. so if someone buys a product because that product is advertised to do a certain thing they are not going to get online and search for forums for that product before they buy said product. lets be real.

guess i should stop posting now before i get booted
This isnt a fawking bottle of gatorade its a hobby. If you dont search before you buy then i say you deserve whatever comes. I know i was on here for 5 months before i made a purchase.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #47
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
moparman89 buy a gun an join the NRA and come out to a competition. I am sure we will treat you better and show you how to make what you have work for you.
I don't know what being in the NRA has to do with people being nice or bashing on someone. I have been a Lifetime NRA member since 1983.

The issue with this thread is he was bashing on axial for RTC. As the thread goes he says he had a axial scale rig. I guess that rig didn't have plastic parts on it.

I think he didn't use common sense when he bought it seeing that it had more plastic than his scale rig.

You both should be happy that axial came out with entry level rig. When I started you had to buy a $80.00 rig just for the axle's and make the rest of it.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i will tell you if you dont do the research (like checking forums or reviews)it not my money your wasting it yours.

its kinda like politics if you dont vote you really cant complain
honestly do you do research on every product you buy?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47willysbuggy View Post
This isnt a fawking bottle of gatorade its a hobby. If you dont search before you buy then i say you deserve whatever comes. I know i was on here for 5 months before i made a purchase.
okay so you were lucky and knew about the forum before you bought a crawler. does that mean that everyone who doesnt know about the forum should be cridiculed (probably spelt wrong).
Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

i would say yes on anything over 75. to 100. i guess i dont make money just to throw it away...

i mean really is it that odd that people do research before buying something?

really
Old 05-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

i am going to take a shower i read a wonderful review on this mexican restuarant in town i will have to check out
Old 05-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler View Post
I don't know what being in the NRA has to do with people being nice or bashing on someone. I have been a Lifetime NRA member since 1983.

The issue with this thread is he was bashing on axial for RTC. As the thread goes he says he had a axial scale rig. I guess that rig didn't have plastic parts on it.

I think he didn't use common sense when he bought it seeing that it had more plastic than his scale rig.

You both should be happy that axial came out with entry level rig. When I started you had to buy a $80.00 rig just for the axle's and make the rest of it.
I neither should be glad or sad about axial coming out with an entry level righ. my life, unlike some others, would have continued to move forward if this hobby existed or not.

As for him having a scale rig and not knowing what to look for in another rig. then yes you are right on that point. he should have had some idea what to look for and to do some reseach.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i am going to take a shower i read a wonderful review on this mexican restuarant in town i will have to check out
let me know if the food is good. havent had good mexican in a while. hope she comes back into town soon
Old 05-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #54
Trying to have Fun Again

Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i would say yes on anything over 75. to 100. i guess i dont make money just to throw it away...

i mean really is it that odd that people do research before buying something?

really

i guess i am out of the norm. i only do research on big ticket items. this thread has opened my eyes and i will start to do more research. would hate to be the one getting flamed for not doing research
Old 05-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

i am not flaming you becuase you dont do research it because you have more money than anyone else lol...... dont take life so personally every now and then stop to read the reviews, may save you a buck or two in the long run i am out mexican food here i come peace
Old 05-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i am not flaming you becuase you dont do research it because you have more money than anyone else lol...... dont take life so personally every now and then stop to read the reviews, may save you a buck or two in the long run i am out mexican food here i come peace
never thought you were the one flaming anyone. just a general statement.

thanks everyone for your opinions. i have enjoyed this discussion and hope to have more insightful discussions in the future. everyone have a good night
Old 05-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Just finished my red rockcrawler beer!!!! time to gett the kids showerd up and in bed! ltr all
josh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Whatcha want? I have a TON of stuff for sale Wreckluse....2 of them for sale! Comp rig...yep! Scale...got um....1.9, yes sir! Name it.....I have it! "Try and keep up camera guy"! Ready to deal?
Do you have a DMG Alluminiti 2.2 chassis for sale?
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
okay so you were lucky and knew about the forum before you bought a crawler. does that mean that everyone who doesnt know about the forum should be cridiculed (probably spelt wrong).
Ok so i put in the google search "rc crawler" which is what everyone with more than one brain cell would search for because thats what they want to buy. The first thing that comes up.
RCCrawler.com- Your #1 source for Radio Controlled Rockcrawling!

WTF?
Besides, who said that this guy didnt know about this site? He has been a member since 2005 and just was an idiot and didnt take the time to research.