Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: wasted my $$ on a RTC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #1

Default wasted my $$ on a RTC!

Well,I just bought a the new AXIAL RTC yesterday,and what can I say......what a waste! I should had just bought the ARTR I guess,it was only $10 less,thats why I went with this one considering it had a servo and motor and all.
This thing got hung up on more rocks,it did climb decent in stock form,the radio is JUNK! The steering basically sucks...just to much plastic onthis truck! They should be ashamed for putting such a junk steering setup on a crawler!
The esc has NO delay to reverse but has delay from rev. to forward...thats doesn't make sense to me?
I got on AXIAL website blog... last night ....and tried the things they did as far as adding weight to the wheels and all,but its raining out today so I can't try it out now....just wish now I would had bought the other one and put my own electrics on it!

I'll be honest...my scale truck goes better over some of my rocks then this crawler does!
moparman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

this isn't a place to come on a bad mouth products
it is mainly your fault most rtr (rtc) kits don't have top of the line electronics....
if you expected to open up the box and win the nats with a stock axial with factory electronics you were very wrong.
just go to some local comps/gtgs and get tips
i met people on here and they helped me so much its crazy
and if you want a delay reverse(which isn't very good in a crawler..) you could switch the motor wires and reverse the throttle channel on your radio (at least i think that will work)
life_livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
Well,I just bought a the new AXIAL RTC yesterday,and what can I say......what a waste!

It's comments like that (as well as your perception of the RTC) that truely show your "E"-literacy, and understanding of "Ready to Run" components. I find the trashing of Axial brand "entry level" crawler, on this forum based on your expectations of it to be mearly a high temperatured expulsion of gas and will render the only proper 2 word phrase that comes to mind at the present moment. "Spilt Milk". I'm sure there are more but I'm trying to be polite.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well,I just bought a the new AXIAL RTC yesterday,and what can I say......what a waste! I should had just bought the ARTR I guess,it was only $10 less,thats why I went with this one considering it had a servo and motor and all.
This thing got hung up on more rocks,it did climb decent in stock form,the radio is JUNK! The steering basically sucks...just to much plastic onthis truck! They should be ashamed for putting such a junk steering setup on a crawler!
The esc has NO delay to reverse but has delay from rev. to forward...thats doesn't make sense to me?
I got on AXIAL website blog... last night ....and tried the things they did as far as adding weight to the wheels and all,but its raining out today so I can't try it out now....just wish now I would had bought the other one and put my own electrics on it!

I'll be honest...my scale truck goes better over some of my rocks then this crawler does!
I can see this guy being the next jeepial
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
D-Wray 4 Prez!

I can understand the anger, but it's hard to choose the right words sometimes.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

thanks for sharring that...i was also think at ARTR version, but with the release of RTC I was stopped...now I wait for them to improve the best thing (shocks) on all the other versions, and buy the ARTR...install a rooster crawl inside and ride...with a 3 s/2200 mAh lipo...

I do want a pretty capable out of the box rig, but venom just failed the quality test, AX-10 is on the market with good enough reputation, losi are having delay time on arrivals...just don't know what to do...what to do?...what to do?????
cornel4web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #7

Yeah you guys are right...I should have known better with the RTR kits,but I just think they could had made some things alittle better then that..mainly the plastic links and the steering setup,I know these places are trying to cut costs here and there,but come on now. Don't get me wrong I'm not really trying to trash talk this thing, I have a Scale truck I built with AXIAL axles and tranny....I really like it!
I don't know who some of you are trying to compare me to on here.....but I don't come on here complaining about things all the time like some may do,as of matter of fact this is the first time for me! I know I don't have many posts on here but I have been a long time member,just don't post very often,and I'm not some young kid,just don't spell things very well sometimes. And I don't appreciate some comments from some of you.....kinda rude if you ask me....Maybe I was alittle misled on this crawler .....and NO I WASN"T expecting to go win some big comp!!!!Guess I was just venting alittle...no big deal though...I will just either sell it or make it the way I want it?

Maybe instead of talking smack to me ....maybe I was expecing a little help on how to set it up a little better without having to sink a bunch of money in it? Guess this forum isn't like some of the others I 'm used to?

AND BESIDES ALL THAT...I still live in the USA and as far as I know don't we still have THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

Last edited by moparman89; 05-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
AND BESIDES ALL THAT...I still live in the USA and as far as I know don't we still have THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!
So do all the people who said you were being a jerk

Seriously, the RTC is 270 dollars. That won't even buy the electronics on my axial. You can't reasonably expect a decent servo out of that, and you could have researched it and found out it had unusable plastic links and such. Axial is doing the right thing getting these out there for cheap if they sell.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

You might want to start here,,,...... this is a great thread

New Axial RTC Budget Build................

Cheers
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47willysbuggy View Post
I can see this guy being the next jeepial
Hope he doesnt take a hacksaw to the truck...

Quote:
....maybe I was expecing a little help on how to set it up a little better without having to sink a bunch of money in it? Guess this forum isn't like some of the others I 'm used to?
Do you have a shop with some tools? A drill press and a vise are a good start, get some alum. rod and make new links.

As for the electronics... IF you would have bought the RTR... you would be in the same boat. Best bet is to buy a Tekin FXr or a Sidewinder, and possibly a radio(if you dont have one already). When i bought my AXe, i got the kit, then put another $300-400 in electronics.

You will see this in any r/C's... RTR's, RTC, RTF.. The producers always include cheaper cpmponents in their kits to keep prices down( and more profits i guess..)
Sorry to hear you are pi$$ed...Nice thing is, this rig has a HUGE parts base for them... All your dislikes can be replaced.
PEDEcrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #11

You know...I was just giving my two cents worth on this thing,never thought I would get called a bunch of names for it!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Well people are going to speak what they feel and so did u... Just take some time to look at the rig and see what u can do to it like lower the cog,little things make huge differnces. And also im gussing this is ur first crawler? scalers are way different than crawlers....
josh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #13

just buy a used crawler sometimes there cheap and already have some upgrades thats what i did.. just my 2 cents
outoforder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Way to make yourself seem like a total tool.

I can under stand how you may be disappointed but maybe you might want to think for a little longer before posting in the future. It may also have been beneficial if you had done a little research in what people driving comps are using before you made your purchase.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
Who's your Daddy-0!

Someone say Asshole? What can I do for you?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Someone say Asshole? What can I do for you?
Just the standard lambasting and ridicule for today Kenny, maybe say something about his momma as well.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #17

The EYE...THANK YOU!! You know me and what kind of guy I am!

PEDEcrawlerguy....thanks,but I'm better off buying the stuff,me and making things from scratch don't get along..

josh97 ....thanks for the offer

outoforder.....believe me, I have been lookin for a used one but just didn't see anything I liked or priced right?

jeepial.....thanks and I agree
Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #18
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
.....believe me, I have been lookin for a used one but just didn't see anything I liked or priced right?
Whatcha want? I have a TON of stuff for sale Wreckluse....2 of them for sale! Comp rig...yep! Scale...got um....1.9, yes sir! Name it.....I have it! "Try and keep up camera guy"! Ready to deal?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #19
I joined the Band!

Quote:
jeepial.....thanks and I agree
Big day for jeepial
outofreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Default support him and not let this be his introduction to crawlin

so why flame the guy for buying a RTC as advertised?? If any of you went to Wally world and bought a tv for the same money and it got 1 channel you bet you would have your happy A$$ at the customer desk raising cane.
Its the BS hype building hypocrits that advertise this SH*T as RTR and RTC that makes R/C life miserable and the A$$ holes that say "OOO I told ya so" So lay off the poor guy he learned his lesson. Now we need to support him and not let this be his introduction to crawlin. DUDE send me a pm, I have some stuff from the axial crap that I got suckered into buying that I would gladly donate to get you crawlin.
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote