Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: coolest car ever (1:1)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default coolest car ever (1:1)

whats the coolest car ever? IMO

it's this a 1965 AC Cobra with a 427 V8. It's got an all aluminum body and does 0-100-0 in 13.1 seconds.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

http://www.hemiduster.com/ I'd have to say that one is my favorite car ever. Too bad it isn't a 4 speed with a pistol grip shifter

Last edited by Rockinrockcrawler; 11-02-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Rockinrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:50 AM   #3

I agree, the coolest car ever, but how did they get my car down there?!?

Then I woke up....
RIPPER357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
whats the coolest car ever? IMO

it's this a 1965 AC Cobra with a 427 V8. It's got an all aluminum body and does 0-100-0 in 13.1 seconds.

I agree Dave, There is a guy who lives 2 houses down from my parents in oregon who bought one brand new in 65', still has it and still drives it like he stole it at age 72. He used to take me for rides as a kid and he always had a $100 bill taped to the dash, he would say" if you can grab it you can have it. " Needless to say, the g-force of that little car kept me from ever grabbing it.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
I agree Dave, There is a guy who lives 2 houses down from my parents in oregon who bought one brand new in 65', still has it and still drives it like he stole it at age 72. He used to take me for rides as a kid and he always had a $100 bill taped to the dash, he would say" if you can grab it you can have it. " Needless to say, the g-force of that little car kept me from ever grabbing it.
I still say the 25th Anniversary Edition Lamborghini Countach.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #6

1967 Chevy II with a 812 ci. motor and a 110 mm turbo running a fast efi system.
bill_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

My favorite - `69 MUSTANG MACH 1 428 COBRA JET

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

some cool ones i have personal experience with:

my buddy's 240Z: we yanked the 6-banger and dropped in a 350 Olds. it handled for shiyat, but it would really move in a straight line once it got hooked up.

another bud's 440-6-pack '70 Cuda with the pistol-grip 4-speed. really developed your left leg muscles with that one.

the older i get, the more i miss my '78 Lincoln Town Coupe, even though the sunroof leaked, and would dump half a gallon of cold water down my neck the first time i tapped the brakes every morning. waddaya want for 200 bucks.

Ford GT40 MkII, 427 side-oiler with 4-inch open headers and 4 Webers. more or less lived in the vintage race car shop i used to work at and would collapse your lungs when we fired it up.

Dirk, we had a Countach in the shop that had been stored in a barn for about 5 years. mice had gotten into it and had eaten the wiring harness. that was a fun job. and before you say "the owner should be shot," we did worse than that: we gave him the bill.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
some cool ones i have personal experience with:

my buddy's 240Z: we yanked the 6-banger and dropped in a 350 Olds. it handled for shiyat, but it would really move in a straight line once it got hooked up.

another bud's 440-6-pack '70 Cuda with the pistol-grip 4-speed. really developed your left leg muscles with that one.

the older i get, the more i miss my '78 Lincoln Town Coupe, even though the sunroof leaked, and would dump half a gallon of cold water down my neck the first time i tapped the brakes every morning. waddaya want for 200 bucks.

Ford GT40 MkII, 427 side-oiler with 4-inch open headers and 4 Webers. more or less lived in the vintage race car shop i used to work at and would collapse your lungs when we fired it up.

Dirk, we had a Countach in the shop that had been stored in a barn for about 5 years. mice had gotten into it and had eaten the wiring harness. that was a fun job. and before you say "the owner should be shot," we did worse than that: we gave him the bill.
My neighbor, when growing up had a 25th Anniv. Countach. He would let his son drive it all the time, before he bought the little bastard a Testarosa for his 18th birthday!!!! Anyway....All I remember was the car getting 5th gear rubber!!!!! 5th GEAR RUBBER!!!!! And we were already doing around 100mph!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

My uncle has a 2002 porsche 911 turbo and that car will not only make your eyes go back in your head in a straight line but it'll take corners so fast you'll be sitting there wondering how the hell the car stuck to the road. And yes he is giveing it to his snot nosed son for his birthday.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:58 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Man, I'm glad this isn't a webcam chat room cuz you all would've seen my OHHHH! face. the cobra is sweet as hell. Ya know, Bill cosby had 1 but sold it soon after because he was too scared to let it breathe. That sounds like a fun car. I've seen plenty of them in the Dupont registry labeled as "porsche eaters" but that has to be in a straight line. No way it could hang in the corners. Nice pic, BTW.
xjnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #12

I find it almost impossible to pick one car as my favorite but as far as stock cars go the SC 427 cobra is in the top 10 for sure !! Also 289 ac cobra ,Gt 350 , 350R or 500 , Ford Thunderbolt , GT 40 or 90 , old and new BOSS 429 mustang , Pantera , any Lambo , enzo farrari , Mc Clarin F1 , Also I really like that concept jeep with the two hemis. Theirs dozens more but no one will read this if its to long
tomh1426@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh1426@yahoo.com
I find it almost impossible to pick one car as my favorite but as far as stock cars go the SC 427 cobra is in the top 10 for sure !! Also 289 ac cobra ,Gt 350 , 350R or 500 , Ford Thunderbolt , GT 40 or 90 , old and new BOSS 429 mustang , Pantera , any Lambo , enzo farrari , Mc Clarin F1 , Also I really like that concept jeep with the two hemis. Theirs dozens more but no one will read this if its to long
Yeah...I like that one too.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Hands down one of the coolest cars ever.
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjnation
Man, I'm glad this isn't a webcam chat room cuz you all would've seen my OHHHH! face. the cobra is sweet as hell. Ya know, Bill cosby had 1 but sold it soon after because he was too scared to let it breathe. That sounds like a fun car. I've seen plenty of them in the Dupont registry labeled as "porsche eaters" but that has to be in a straight line. No way it could hang in the corners. Nice pic, BTW.
The porsche is registered to go 185. I don't think a drop top cobra could go that fast. If memory serves those toped out at 160 due to areodynamic issues. Now the daytona model could do 185 easy. Although any cobra is WAY cooler.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #16

coolest movie car = mad max interceptor (and yea, i know the blower was fake...)

coolest detroit car = ford thunderbolt ebay link

car i would give a nut for = mclaren f1 or ferrari f40
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:03 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

It's funny how your tastes change as you grow older. I've had a ton of fast cars, hot rods, sports cars, etc. Spent the better part of my career working in speed shops, resto shops, and currently a dealership.

Currently I've got a serious hard on for Jay Leno's '69 Tornado. That car is just plain sick. Twin turbo big inch alumium small block. Any of you guys see the episode of Rides when they were building it? Sick sick sick.
Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burban
Currently I've got a serious hard on for Jay Leno's '69 Tornado. That car is just plain sick. Twin turbo big inch alumium small block. Any of you guys see the episode of Rides when they were building it? Sick sick sick.
yea, that is a sick car. twin turbo ls1, uber cool...

doesnt hurt when you got the cash and status to be able to have it built by GM's speedshop either....
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

funny you mention the F40.

the dude who owned the GT40 also owned an F40 and drove the thing in the snow. it was cool as hell seeing that thing all colvered in salt with the scoops packed up with ice and slush. wish i'd snapped a pic.

he also had a pontoon-fender 250 TR, later sold it for well over a million. i saw the same car in an ad for one of the big auction houses. got a pic of me somewhere with it, back when i was young and had hair.

he was hella cool for a rich guy, too. almost a regular joe, but with a 10-figure bank account, before the decimal point.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:48 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

1999 ford crown victoria police interceptor, Daily driver. j/k 1965 Pontiac GTO, 389 big block tri power the works. My father snapped his rear leaf springs in half with the torque. They were the originals but still it was impressive. Also the Enzo Ferrari. My neighbor had the first one in the states....Okay well not neighbor he lives 1 mile down the road..I can dream right?
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote