microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 06:20 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Gunfire usually isn't a good sign.

Hang in there Carlos.
I hear you, the gunfire has ceased for a while now only the police chopper and constant police or ambulance sirens are heard, i'll be updating.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

There are rumours that the Brazil embassy will get hit tonight, there snipers posted out of the embassy right now

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (CNN) -- Honduran authorities maintained a security cordon around the Brazilian Embassy in the Honduran capital Tuesday after forcefully dispersing supporters of ousted President Jose Manuel Zelaya, who remained holed up inside the embassy.

Ousted President Manuel Zelaya is staying at the Brazilian Embassy after returning to Honduras this week.
2 of 2 Police and soldiers blocked off streets throughout the capital to enforce a nationwide curfew in effect until Tuesday evening, CNN en Espaņol reported.

All flights in and out of the country were canceled Tuesday, after all four of Honduras's international airports were also closed.

The measures were the de facto Honduran government's reaction to Zelaya's surprise return Monday.

The government of interim President Roberto Micheletti, who was named by the Honduran congress after the June 28 coup that deposed Zelaya, also isolated the Brazilian Embassy by cutting water, power and phone lines to the building, U.S. Department of State spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters in Washington.

"The United States calls on all parties to remain calm and avoid actions that might provoke violence in Honduras and place individuals at risk or harm," Kelly said. "We urge that all parties refrain from actions that would lead to further unrest."

Kelly said that the American Embassy in Tegucigalpa had closed because of the situation, but that U.S. diplomats remained in contact with both sides in the conflict.

The United States supports dialogue between the two sides, centered on the San Jose Accord, an agreement negotiated by Costa Rican President Oscar Arias.

But in an interview with local network Televicentro, Micheletti said that Zelaya's sudden appearance would not revive negotiations.

Micheletti said his government would send a letter to Brazilian authorities asking them to either give Zelaya asylum in their country or to turn him over to Honduran authorities. Zelaya faces charges of violating the constitution related to a proposed referendum that was at the center of his ouster.

After of clashes in front of the embassy, Zelaya and news reports on Telesur TV said several people were wounded. Those reports could not be independently verified, but Telesur showed an ambulance headed to the scene.

Several people have been arrested, Zelaya and Telesur said. One image broadcast on the station showed a policewoman punching a handcuffed woman in the face.

The station also showed video of water cannons being used to scatter Zelaya supporters and the ousted president's backers throwing rocks and other objects at police.

The demonstrators flipped over and burned a police vehicle, said El Heraldo newspaper, which showed a photograph of an overturned truck on its Web page.

The Honduran government also placed sharpshooters near the embassy and blasted the compound with loud noise to "drive crazy" the people inside, Zelaya said.

Micheletti said Monday night that Zelaya will be arrested if he leaves the embassy. Under international law, a nation's embassy is sovereign territory in the host country and cannot be entered without permission.

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said at a news briefing Tuesday morning that he had spoken with Zelaya and had asked him not to do anything that would cause trouble for the embassy.

Zelaya said Monday that he does not want violence and seeks to open a dialogue with Micheletti. The Honduran government broadcast an announcement saying that Zelaya would be held responsible for any violent acts.

Telesur and the Libertador newspaper reported that electricity has been cut off to some communications media, including Radio Globo and Canal 36 TV.

Zelaya was removed by soldiers in a coup June 28 after he tried to hold an election that day on a measure to allow a president to run for a second consecutive term.

The measure would have asked Hondurans whether they wanted to place a referendum on the November presidential ballot, which would convene a constitutional assembly to consider changing presidential term limits. Zelaya's term ends in January, and he would not have been subject to any measures adopted by the constitutional assembly.

The nation's supreme court ruled the June ballot initiative was illegal and congress had decreed Zelaya couldn't hold it.

Micheletti has denied that a coup took place, saying that Zelaya was removed legally through constitutional means. He vowed Monday night to stay in power despite Zelaya's return.

It was not publicly known Tuesday how Zelaya got into the country, and he declined to provide details, only telling CNN en Espaņol that he took a 15- to 16-hour trip "with the help of Hondurans

Last edited by cartronicshn; 09-22-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Major shitstorm in 3...2...1....
Old 09-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

good luck bro ill be praying for you
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Major shitstorm in 3...2...1....
You can say that again 'goat, the U.S. Department of state is trying to get the u.s. embassy in Honduras to have Zelaya moved from the Brazil embassy to the u.s. ambassador's house, wtf?? Does anybody else find this "problem" amussing starting with an inhouse legal problem and escalating to an international major problem, when it actually doesn't affect anybody but the Honduras people???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
good luck bro ill be praying for you
Thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Damn! Carlos hunker down and stay safe.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Damn! Carlos hunker down and stay safe.
Thanks dez, and will do, btw the u.s. ambassadors house is only like 4 blocks away from my house

Edit: Btw, curfue has been prolonged till tomorrow 6:00 p.m. , that means i have been home since 3:00 p.m. yesterday and haven't gone out, it's almost like being jailed!

Last edited by cartronicshn; 09-22-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #69
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
You can say that again 'goat, the U.S. Department of state is trying to get the u.s. embassy in Honduras to have Zelaya moved from the Brazil embassy to the u.s. ambassador's house, wtf?? Does anybody else find this "problem" amussing starting with an inhouse legal problem and escalating to an international major problem, when it actually doesn't affect anybody but the Honduras people???

Thanks
Well doing the Cold War the state department no.1 goal was to keep the kommies out. Now that the kommies are running the place its natural that they won't stand for their fellow comrades to be kicked out because constitutions are too strict.

.... Or Zelaya is promising oil in exchange for his position.

Keep us posted.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:56 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Honduras has oil? No wonder the US is interested

Carlos, sounds like you'll have a front-row seat whether you like it or not. Stay safe man.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Honduras has oil? No wonder the US is interested

Carlos, sounds like you'll have a front-row seat whether you like it or not. Stay safe man.
Not 100% sure on the oil, but the studies that have been done say the is, there were even soem u.s. companies interested in the drilling for the oil project, but nothing has been signed yet, there is also the theory that Chavez needs Honduras for it's key location to keep on feeding the u.s. with drugs from the colombian f.a.r.c. , there have been a lot of small demonstrations by zelaya's supporters wich end in violence and vandalism, then the police show up to take control of these situations they get stoned or shot at and when the police responds and captures them they say their rights have been violated, and the worst part is that the rest of the world is only seeing what the leftist goverments want to show, they only show wounded people or police shooting tear gas at crowds, but what they don't say is that the police caught the mother#%&ing crooks stealing or destroying private property
Sorry for the rant, i needed to vent, and thank you guys for the words of encouragement and care.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Hey man keep safe over there
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
Hey man keep safe over there
Thanks, will do
Old 12-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: God help my country

So we are at it again.....
Old 12-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

One of the many scenes nationwide as we await for presidential elections total votes...
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #76
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
One of the many scenes nationwide as we await for presidential elections total votes...

Positive intention sent your way for you and your country.

In other news that could have an impact in the south american region, the Mexican congress passed a bill that will allow the military to serve the roll of police to fight the drug cartels.
Mexican congress approves law allowing army to act as police - ABC News
The military has already been serving in this manner, but without constitutional support. With the bill passing, it's almost a coup for the military and a step towards marshal law.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Positive intention sent your way for you and your country.

In other news that could have an impact in the south american region, the Mexican congress passed a bill that will allow the military to serve the roll of police to fight the drug cartels.
Mexican congress approves law allowing army to act as police - ABC News
The military has already been serving in this manner, but without constitutional support. With the bill passing, it's almost a coup for the military and a step towards marshal law.
Thank you Nova, and our goverment is waiting to pass that same law for our miltary also.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Actually a good step by Mexico. It will reduce dead bodies thrown on to the road by drug cartels. It will also reduce drug supply into America....may be.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #79
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Actually a good step by Mexico. It will reduce dead bodies thrown on to the road by drug cartels. It will also reduce drug supply into America....may be.
That is totally doubtful. Especially when you learn that the same bill is being pushed through in other countries. The crack down on personal freedoms is only going to get worse until the people resist. The military has already been acting as police in Mexico for years. The changing of the law gives the military powers it was never designed to handle.

In almost every direction you look, personal freedoms are being attacked or cut away at. The net neutrality law in the U.S. is a perfect example. We already have horribly poor internet options and carriers in the United States. The loss of Net neutrality will only make it worse. Higher prices for less service, and only two carries to choose from. Yeah, the U.S. is free

YouTube stepped in as well and terminated, that's right, out right deleted a five year old channel with over 80,000 subscribers, and the channel focused on telescope footage of our moon and skies. #moderndaybookburning

The channel name was Crrow777 and he was the first I became aware of to film the lunar wave. In the subsequent following years of his channel, another 30 people around the world had filmed the lunar wave themselves. One guy in Houston, Texas. Another guy in Germany come to mind as I type this.

Well it looks like the last two paragraphs may have been for not. As I went to YouTube to link a video explaining what happened, it appears that Crow's channel has been re-instated. I'm not certain what to think of it. However, here's the video explaing the termination:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obj2a71zWb0

And here is a direct link to crrow777 reinstated YouTube page:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Crrow777/featured

Something else to be aware of, is that the EU is enforcing a crackdown on social media and that goes into effect December 18th, world wide. They will use the corporations to police the freedoms of the people. Governments are slowly becoming of no importance when corporations and machines control what can make it to public view.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/24/...witter-google/
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

I am wondering why there are so much of this stuff on youtube, Google are without a doubt in the top 10 of all evil doers so i would not put too much trust in anything on youtube.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote