Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
mhmm mickeys fine malt liquor.
mhmm, indeed.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #962
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: Beers

Went to grab my usual Dale's Pale Ale and thought I'd snag a 4-pack of Deviant Dale's too:

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #963
No idea what I'm doing

After I got done with making parts...

Old 04-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #964
RCC Addict

Speaking of beer, has anyone been to Florida or the Bahamas and had any KALIK?

When I was in Florida for work I was told it was only sold in the Bahamas and select places in florida.

Anyone willing to pick up a 24 and ship it to me I would pay dearly.

Jake
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #965
I wanna be Dave

How the hell did eeepeee let this slip back on to page 5??

It's ok, I'll fix it!

I usually drink my brews in a standard pint glass, but a last week I had to go to Pier one w/ the woman to "look" at ish... Well, to my amazement I found something in there actually worth shopping for. I found these nice heavy glass chalices for $5 ! It makes for the perfect beer glass. It holds slightly less than a Guinness pint glass but it makes up for it in style.

To break in the new 'vessel', I had to have some of that good Double Bastard ale! It's a bit more pleasing than some nasty iced nappy hoe!

BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #966
MODERATOR™

Whatever!

I keep buying that "Best beer in the World" winner, the Vitus. At least four a week probably. This weekend, besides my Nasty Ice hoe, I got another favorite instead of the Vitus, The Brew Kettle's White Rajah IPA. Totally like drinking a grapefruit, and so good.

Keep an eye out for a tulip glass, cause if you're gonna have a weird glass, it might as well serve another purpose other than just holding beer.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #967
Quarry Creeper

Picked up a 6 pack of Dogfish Head Raison D'Être.

I'm beginning to venture into the world of beers. The list is short: Guiness Dark, Heinken, Corona. Lol I've read through all 49 pages and done some research along the way.
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #968
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4crawler View Post
Heinken, Corona.
Start over. Heineken is barely okay, maybe, but not Corona. I mean that in a way as in, those aren't beers that depict what truly good beers are.

Guinness is one big marketing scheme to me. Crap beer, like Corona. And Heineken really. Call them upper level entry level beers. You should at least start with entry level mid level beer. Probably Sam Adams' line. Then when you have a few more dollars to spend on a six, spend that $12 and check that stuff out. There's IS a difference.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #969
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Whatever!

I keep buying that "Best beer in the World" winner, the Vitus. At least four a week probably. This weekend, besides my Nasty Ice hoe, I got another favorite instead of the Vitus, The Brew Kettle's White Rajah IPA. Totally like drinking a grapefruit, and so good.

Keep an eye out for a tulip glass, cause if you're gonna have a weird glass, it might as well serve another purpose other than just holding beer.
Tulips are overrated, snifters are much better for 90% of beers!
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #970
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Start over. Heineken is barely okay, maybe, but not Corona. I mean that in a way as in, those aren't beers that depict what truly good beers are.

Guinness is one big marketing scheme to me. Crap beer, like Corona. And Heineken really. Call them upper level entry level beers. You should at least start with entry level mid level beer. Probably Sam Adams' line. Then when you have a few more dollars to spend on a six, spend that $12 and check that stuff out. There's IS a difference.
Totally agree! I won't buy anything in a green or clear bottle. To me that's a sign that the brewery knows nothing about transporting beer, or just doesn't care.

I like Guiness, but never understood the hype either. I hear it's much different if you get it at the brewery though, so that's on my bucket list.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #971
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Agreed! You could also try the Sierra Nevada Brewery's line of beers. Decent quality for a good price and pretty easy to find. I personally like the fall/winter time for craft beers, you get the really good stouts and porters. Warm weather beers are usually based around IPA's. I don't even drink beer in the summer, I'll go for Cap't Morgan and vanilla cream soda.

Guiness= mothers milk! love the stuff.

Last edited by BigSki; 05-05-2012 at 07:50 AM.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #972
Quarry Creeper

Just cracked open the Dogfish Head. Holy crap this is good. 3000x better than the others I tried.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336181999.498299.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  125.7 KB
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #973
Rock Crawler

Got me some Old Leg Humper by Thirsty Dog Brewing Co. It's some pretty good shidt, and very dark too.

Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #974
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

Anybody ever go to the food and wine festival at Epcot in Disney World? Went to it last October and had a blast. They add like ten extra countries and they all have different brews, wines and food to try. I think I had fifteen different beers in a few days' time. Fell in love with Stella Artios. I also live close to Appalachian Brewery and they make some pretty good beer. I usually have some Guinness and some type of Sam Adams on hand at all times. The new Alpine Spring is pretty good.
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #975
Rock Crawler

I just tried Sam Adams - Summer Ale for the first time, it was good but not great. I was then lead to some DunDee Honey Brown, I really like it. I live in the land of Bud Light & Busch Light, IT SUCKS BAD!!! I don't know of any specialty beer stores near me. My local Kroger is all I have... Any suggestions?
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #976
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
Any suggestions?
Order online
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #977
Rock Crawler

Never thought of that, thanks. Anywhere particular, you might know of?
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #978
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
Never thought of that, thanks. Anywhere particular, you might know of?

As far as I know Eeepee lives in Ohio too. Ask him where he shops, since he seems to have a never ending supply of interesting beers to try.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #979
MODERATOR™

Yep, smack dab in the middle of Ohiah, in Cowlumbus.

I'm surprised Kroger doesn't have more beers. Maybe if you walk down the isle past the Busch and Budweiser mountainous displays you'll see them?

I don't go to Krogers ever, for no reason, but the Giant Eagle coughwithhotchicksonOSUcampus that I go to has a SHITLOAD of good beers. The new beer guy is obviously a BEER GUY, and he's doing a great job of giving me a heck of a beer selection. But I also have four small stores right around me that have all kinds of shit, too. Almost the same, but occasionally one will have something new or different or one off.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #980
Rock Crawler

EeePee, sounds like I need to make a trip down to Columbus. I'm going to heading over to Indiana in a few weeks, hopefully I can find some different beers.