RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   RCCA's Rock Crawler Mag (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/193996-rccas-rock-crawler-mag.html)

constantmotion 08-13-2009 10:54 AM

RCCA's Rock Crawler Mag

1 Attachment(s)
See that Radio Control Car Action has released their Rock Crawling special issue. I don't see it on their site just yet.

Harley 08-13-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by constantmotion (Post 1940577)
See that Radio Control Car Action has released their Rock Crawling special issue. I don't see it on their site just yet.

I'll buy it like many of us here but it is going to be really hard to beat the last issue Driver did. Newbie or Vet, everyone could appreciate that issue.

Brandon 08-13-2009 11:08 AM

Its pretty good. Lots of advertisements in it but they definitely improved from their first issue.

constantmotion 08-13-2009 12:17 PM

Agreed...never really like RCCA, and now they are trying to step and and get more into the real world of RC

TattooKenny 08-13-2009 01:32 PM

I picked up that issue last week. It was ok but after you have the Driver issue it just doesn't look as good. John H. did a nice write up in it though"thumbsup"

62PYRO 08-13-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 1940598)
they definitely improved from their first issue.

WHAT?No nitro crawlers?I call foul.:lmao:

ThinkTank 08-13-2009 01:48 PM

Still haven't seen this issue or the previous issue or any RC Driver Crawler issue at Barnes & Nobles. :-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62PYRO (Post 1940843)
WHAT?No nitro crawlers?I call foul.:lmao:

They included the Summit.
The Revo crawler lives on metaphorically speaking.

In short,The same RCCA crap is still there.

MattH 08-14-2009 05:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Keep it coming. The input is not only appreciated, but it's essential.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

I am personally incredibly proud of this issue (put a lot into it), but it's not my opinion that matters. It's what the readers think that counts.<o:p></o:p>

dezfan 08-14-2009 06:16 PM

Haven't seen the newest RCCA crawler mag yet, but since I had a rig reatured in RCD's RC Crawler, I'm sure the RCCA issue won't be as cool.:-P

MattH 08-14-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1942995)
Haven't seen the newest RCCA crawler mag yet, but since I had a rig reatured in RCD's RC Crawler, I'm sure the RCCA issue won't be as cool.:-P

Fair enough; I think we killed it with this one, but that would make me biased too.

dezfan 08-14-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattH (Post 1943053)
Fair enough; I think we killed it with this one, but that would make me biased too.

I'm sure you guys learned a lot from the last one.

MattH 08-14-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1943106)
I'm sure you guys learned a lot from the last one.

Well, yes and no. The last one might not have been your thing, but I honestly wouldn't have changed a thing--even a year later. It did great for us. We had outlets making additional orders like I've never seen before.

In my opinion, there isn't one single crawling audience, and last year's crawling special issue magazine was a big picture product. Again, it might not have been your thing, but we got the results we wanted.

That said, we started from scratch with this year's issue and I think it's a completely different product. We didn't want to do just round two.

I believe more diehard crawlers will like this issue.

dezfan 08-14-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattH (Post 1943120)
Well, yes and no. The last one might not have been your thing, but I honestly wouldn't have changed a thing--even a year later. It did great for us. We had outlets making additional orders like I've never seen before.

In my opinion, there isn't one single crawling audience, and last year's crawling special issue magazine was a big picture product. Again, it might not have been your thing, but we got the results we wanted.

That said, we started from scratch with this year's issue and I think it's a completely different product. We didn't want to do just round two.

I believe more diehard crawlers will like this issue.

Well then as Sheryl Crow said, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.".:mrgreen:

jason 08-14-2009 07:48 PM

I got my copy today, I loved it. There are a couple of good builds, I really liked the Shafty vs. MOA breakdown article.

Good job RCCA.

MattH 08-14-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1943125)
Well then as Sheryl Crow said, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.".:mrgreen:

Well, she also suggests only using a single square of toilet paper after dropping a duece...one more reason not to shake a liberal's hand.

That's just a joke, lefties. I'll shake your hand...just not hers.

BOWTIE 08-14-2009 07:52 PM

cool deal! can't wait to check it out. "thumbsup"

MattH 08-14-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 1943135)
I got my copy today, I loved it. There are a couple of good builds, I really liked the Shafty vs. MOA breakdown article.

Good job RCCA.

Thank you

RPP Hobby 08-14-2009 07:55 PM

As long as KEVIN HETMANSKI is with Rc Car action, I will not run an add, buy a magazine or have anything to do with any support of that publication. I had a horrible experience with him 8 years or so ago and I have not bought one of there mags since. Do not care if they were that last publication in circulation.

Besides Jason has done such an awesome Job with RCDriver who needs another "thumbsup"

MattH 08-14-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby (Post 1943143)
As long as KEVIN HETMANSKI is with Rc Car action, I will not run an add, buy a magazine or have anything to do with any support of that publication. I had a horrible experience with him 8 years or so ago and I have not bought one of there mags since. Do not care if they were that last publication in circulation. "thumbsup"

Most people would agree that I am a far worse person than Kevin. Well, maybe not all caps Kevin. That guy is a huge jerk. In all seriousness, I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

I see and understand that you won't buy one, but I'll gladly send you an issue for free for you to check out. I think you'll like it. I'll even rip out Kevin's articles for ya."thumbsup"

K_B 08-14-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1942995)

I knew RCD was going downhill :) HAR HAR HAR!