Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Vintage skate board items, is there a market ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Vintage skate board items, is there a market ?

i use to skate back in the late 80's and all through out the 90's. i was heavily into it and spent from morning to night skating.the other day a buddy showed me "retro" stickers that you can get and i seen the Powell Peralta bones ripper decal. well it reminded me that i have a huge banner from the 80's in near mint condition of the ripper. i looked on ebay to see if they were selling and i couldnt find any. seen some boards and reproduced t shirts but no banners.

any one know if this stuff is worth anything ?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i will give you 10 bucks for it.
calcat430d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Let me know what you want for it. I would love to have it. I was big into Christian Hosoi and still have one of his boards.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm sure there is a market, you just have to find it. Like most "collectibles", it's only worth something to those who want it.

Look on eBay/Craigslist, see what's out there.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
I'm sure there is a market, you just have to find it. Like most "collectibles", it's only worth something to those who want it.

Look on eBay/Craigslist, see what's out there.
yea im gonna keep my eye out to see what their value is.

Cruzin Illusion, i did see that you can buy a reproduced one that has some blue in it unlike the original for 27.99. i odnt know if you would want a reproduction or not.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
Suck it up!

Love the Bones Brigade.

Christian Hosoi was one of my hero's too. Too bad he turned into a meth head...but I hear he's better now.

I even got to jam with Tony Hawk in '89 or so during an expo in Wichita. Pretty sure I saw Rick Thorne break his face that same weekend...

I've still got the last board I bought...Visions first double tail deck circa early '90. One Indy truck, one Gullwing truck, with Slimeball wheels and Prison Block spacers.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

http://www.skatesonhaight.com/Powell...er-p/pbanr.htm

Was it that one?
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Let me know if you run into any Kastel Daredevils.
marmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from Houston View Post
thats the reproduced one. the one i have has red eyes, it doesnt have the giant Powell label on the bottom like that .says Powell ©1984 on the bottom middle in small print ,mine also says "bones" on the top in red. ill take a pic.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I love old skate stuff. I still have two of my old boards, though not as old as the other guy that posted. When I stopped skating, spacers were a thing of the past.

Still want to get an old Vision Street Wear shirt like I had back in the day.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 860Crawler View Post
I love old skate stuff. I still have two of my old boards, though not as old as the other guy that posted. When I stopped skating, spacers were a thing of the past.

Still want to get an old Vision Street Wear shirt like I had back in the day.
You callin' me old?

Its cool looking back at some of that stuff. I got a weird nostalgic feeling when I clicked on that link and saw all the old school gear.

Spacers were going out about the same time I left. I mainly used them to keep the deck from splitting. Those Cell Blocks were great for that.

I wish I could remember all the decks I had...there were alot. The Zorlac Gibson and Metallica...had a Rob Roskop deck (sucked), the Vision Psycho and Gator, a PP Rodriguez and Caballero (broke both quite quickly), Hosoi, Hawk, Schmitt Stix (weirdly shaped and HUGE)...

...and wheels...went through alot of wheels too. Slimeballs were my favorite. Somewhere I got ahold of some monster 80mm sized wheels...great for downhills, but had a tendency to grab the deck and stop you cold when you turned hard. That was bad. We used to take our old wheels over to my buddies house and cut large grooves down the center on his dad's wood lathe to reduce the contact patch. Then we'd go to the longest hill we could find and see who could do the longest wheelslide. Incredibly fun in the rain.

VSW was the bomb back then too. Loved thier suede skate shoes, though when they got wet they had the tendency to bleed dye all over your socks. The green ones made you look like you had some hellacious foot fungus going on when you took your shoes off...:-P

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 08-24-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

i had so many as well.after a while i used to skate the blank decks you could get. my favorite board was the zorlac Metallica version.i also had the slime ball wheels. also had a rob robscop,one of the originals with no nose. the green one with the face if i remember correctly.i stuck to independent trucks pretty much through out my time spent in skating. i started when i was 12 and stopped in my early 20'soddly enough i can still do a few tricks. busted out a 180 kick flip last summer on my nephews board.i can not ollie as high as i once did,i dont have the balls to try the other things i used to be able to do.

i might have some old pics of me skating.now thats what we should post up here.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

There is a market for vintage boards and related items.

After reading this thread, I remembered I had an old Banzai aluminum board that was barely touched. I preferred the plastic GT boards when I was a kid.

I checked on feebay to get some idea on pricing and then tossed mine up there since I have no use for it and have no attachment to it.

A guy paid my full asking price within 1 day. I guess I should have listed it higher, but I am happy as a fly on a fresh pile of chit nonetheless.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

An original un-mounted, un-gripped World Industries Mike Vallely Animal Farm deck will fetch a pretty penny these days.

Had one in the day and traded it because I didn't like the double tail.

Check your attic...

http://www.skateboardgraphics.com/pr...id=276&group=4
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #15

Was big into skating back in the day, Huge Matt Hensley (H-street fan).. Anyone got one of his kingsize decks around? Really regretting getting rid of all those great old boards. My last board was a Jason Lee cat in the hat. I let all that stuff go when I got into high school and hot rods.
56effie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56effie View Post
Was big into skating back in the day, Huge Matt Hensley (H-street fan).. Anyone got one of his kingsize decks around? Really regretting getting rid of all those great old boards. My last board was a Jason Lee cat in the hat. I let all that stuff go when I got into high school and hot rods.
remember the h street videos like hokus pokus? man nothing would get you pumped more then them.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
remember the h street videos like hokus pokus? man nothing would get you pumped more then them.
Ah! Hocus Pocus was the balls! Every time we watched that, or any skate vid for that matter, we barely made it through before we had to go out and skate

Another good one...1991 Life Skateboards (Ron Allen's company) vid "A Soldier's Story"

Found the Sean Sheffey clip on You Tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dScrZZR9gNo

WIsh I could go back in time.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

hahaaha.
damn this thread just made me go waaay back.
BONEITE FTW !!!!!!!

i had that animal farm board, i had the danny way H street.
i'm wearing a tony hawk shirt right now... except this one is from the 90's.

fun board to skate...
Lance Mountain stick figure.

hell at my parents house i have the old ad that i clipped out of thrasher for schmitt stix boards. they were the first to put double concave, and a tail on the nose.
" give yourself a big kick in the nose "
it was the first board i skated that didnt have a designated shape to them, all my buddies used to laugh at me because my board didn't have a front or a back. i also had the rip saw.

hahahaaa.
how about when the vid public domain came out...
then ban this. damn thats what it was about huh ?
" name "
" sal, sal barbier... "
" got a job or anything.. ?? "
" no mam, i'm just a vagrant. "

nope. cause H-street and gang put out the forementioned hocus pokus.

i'm sure i could go on and on for hours as you all could.
lets go thrash some curbs.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

holy crap... mt 1st pro board was a lance mountain board. the red one with a stick figure ? ill have to look that up.long time ago.then after that i had the santa cruz rob roscop with the face.

here are some of my old board,well not mine..theyare long gone but what i had.....

http://skateandannoy.com/features/eb.../lance1756.JPG

http://skateandannoy.com/features/eb...lender1030.JPG

http://skateandannoy.com/features/eb...tallica420.jpg

http://www.skateboard-decks.info/images/old-roskopp.jpg

i half to look up more as i can not think rite now.

anyone remember the store brand you could buy at like Kbee's and other stores ? i remember a dragon on it and it was thick. i was store brand before i went with the pro boards. i was like 12 when i started skating and stopped in my ealry 20's

this is the banner i have that is still in mint, mines black though...

http://www.droppin.com/wordpress/wp-.../06/ripper.jpg

Last edited by twisted; 09-16-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

"Sal Barbier...swamp rat...supa' good"

Love this thread!

My best friend and I ran a small skate shop after we graduated from high school (91-94), so we had a chance to own many of the boards that came out. We loved every minute of it...wish I'd had the vision to keep all of them.

A few of my favorite decks and graphics..

Not sure how the mod's will take it, so just a link on this pricelss gem...

http://www.skateboardgraphics.com/pr...id=263&group=4

The immortal...

This was one of my favorites...rode killer, and you gotta' love the velvet finish