Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Alright, I have to ask

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Yes, it is a public body.
It is the governing body that presides over the rules and comp in our hobby. Ultimately we all play by those rules, even if we think we dont. If you buy a part that was designed for a crawler, then the rules of the usrcca were taken into account when designing that part. Our national, or world now I guess, is governed by them.
They would not matter if it werent for us. we would not have the comps and rules we have if it werent for them. They rely on us as we rely on them. So, yes, they are public.
Yes, the good people of this hobby had a right to know, and in all fairness we should have been allowed to know who the other possible contestants were, if there were any.

Just my opinion tho.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #22
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
It is the governing body that presides over the rules and comp in our hobby. Ultimately we all play by those rules, even if we think we dont. If you buy a part that was designed for a crawler, then the rules of the usrcca were taken into account when designing that part. Our national, or world now I guess, is governed by them.
They would not matter if it werent for us. we would not have the comps and rules we have if it werent for them. They rely on us as we rely on them. So, yes, they are public.
Yes, the good people of this hobby had a right to know, and in all fairness we should have been allowed to know who the other possible contestants were, if there were any.

Just my opinion tho.

it would be different if they charged us to be a member like ROAR does but they dont so when looking at it that way ..... no its not a public body

Have to agree with Harley on that part.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
20K Club

Quote:

Just my opinion tho.

I don't see what any of that has to do with it being a public body. It has always been a privately owned body. Nobody forces you to run USRCCA rules. They were the first to setup the committees and such that were needed, that still doesn't make it a public body.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #24
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Just my opinion tho.
Good shut your pie hole now! Did you own ANY part of anything? Nope, again...shut it.

Jason and John are providing things for all of us as fast and hard as they can.

"I should have known"...

Last edited by BigBaller; 08-28-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #25
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Isn't it nice that a public sanctioning body was sold privately and discretely without a chance for anyone else to bid on it?
Did you want us to list it on EBAY?

Badger and I have worked our asses off for the last 5 years building the USRCCA to what it is. It wasn't out for sale because we didn't want just anybody having it. We care about and rely on it doing well.

Quote:
Now before I go any further at all, let me say that I sent the new owner, who is a member of this board, a PM. He has not responded to me as of yet. When and If he doees I will let you all know.
The new owners are currently working their asses off running the biggest event in the country after months of preparation, I could imagine it may be a little bit before you get a response.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #26
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
I was thinking more like a Japanese game show format!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

It does not mean it is public because the public use them. the rules were adopted by many clubs as a standard, some clubs use only parts from the rules & add other rules of their own. if the rule " must be eating bacon while on the course" is added the only places you would have to do that is at Worlds or qualifing for Worlds.

I vote for the bacon rule
Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
Custom Carbon Fiber

I just hope they left someone at the shop so they can mail out my CVDs I ordered last week :?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

not public in the sense that it is publicly traded on the open market sure. Yes it is privately held.

However, as I stated, the fact that it is the governing body that most, if not all clubs revolve around means that it is public. As in publicly acknowledged as THE ruling body of our hobby. Privately held in that two people own it.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, I feel like they took a giant piss in the face of all of us that support them thru supporting this hobby. If it werent for us, why would there rules matter.

Ya know, I was gonna wait for a response, and I still will before I go passing my final opinion on the whole thing. And what I am about to say may well get deleted, or maybe even me banned permantly. But thats a risk that I am willing to take.

I think that the whole bit of selling off the USRCCA to somebody is fine on a whole. However Selling it to the owner of a company that deals in and sells RC crawler parts is complete BS. Do you not remember the whole bit not to long ago when one of president bush's good friends was getting all sorts of government contracts... People cried foul, as well they should have. Granted, for all I know maybe Jake can keep the two seperate. But is that a risk worth taking.
Several years back Electronics Arts "won" a contract with the NFL to be the sole liscensed distributor for NFL video games. Gamers the world over stood up and cried foul. Nothing was done about it, madden sales dropped by half the first year, and EA gained a horrible reputation from it. Then, a couple of years later someone from EA (and I'm not saying names, but look it up, used to be the head of microsoft games studios) said in an interview that although EA did not hold the liscense for MLB games that he was going to use his "contacts" to work out a deal as soon as the then current contract expired. He did, and EA MLB tanked.

The same thing happened here. Jake came in with money and bought the company. Which is fine on one hand. But he also owns CKRC. Whats to keep him from re-organizing the rules to favor his products, or banning something he doesnt personally like. Whos to say that next year MOA wont really be banned, or that Worm Gears are out. At the end of the day, he may not sit on the rules commitee, however he owns it. He can easily fire whoever oposes him, and hire someone that will go along with what he wants. He could get eff over the other companies as well very easily. He could design and produce a product and then pass a rule that it is allowed, making him the only seller of that particular product until the compition has time to catch up.

And like I said, he may not be like that, and everything may be fine. But then foul number 2 was commited. Keeping the people of this hobby in the dark. We have the right to know. NOW. Not later when it suits you, but now. Keeping it a secret only adds to the frustrations of people.

Now, as far as RCC, Jason, and Badger's end goes. I dont know. I'm not in their shoes. Maybe they got tired of handeling it and wanted to pass it off. I think they could have handled things better, but I dont know their situation. Do I think the way this, and the worlds has been handled is a slap in the face to each and every member of this site, and the rc rock crawling world.

Yes, I do.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #30
Release your anger..

So I got bored and read SC posts, sounds like a conspiracy theorist head is
in overdrive...

Last edited by ThinkTank; 08-28-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Sound color, the rules are created by a GROUP of people....Jake is NOT one of those folks. You dont have to worry about him changing them to help out his business.

Also, would you have wanted this organization be sold to someone who didnt give a shit about this hobby? Jake is one of the top drivers in the country...if anyone deserves to be in charge, he does!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Good shut your pie hole now! Did you own ANY part of anything? Nope, again...shut it.

I did not come in here and attack anyone. I asked a question. If my question offends you, then maybe you should use the back button on your web browser and go somewhere else.

Jason and John are providing things for all of us as fast and hard as they can.

I did not say they weren't nor have I said anything negative about them, or anyone else for that matter.

"I should have known"...
Quote:

I think it should have been made known that they were going to, and I think in fairness that we, the people that support this hobby, should have been informed

Badger and I have worked our asses off for the last 5 years building the USRCCA to what it is. It wasn't out for sale because we didn't want just anybody having it. We care about and rely on it doing well.

Fair enough. But was the president of CKRC the only person you trusted. If so, thats kinda a slap in the face to every vendor on this site

The new owners are currently working their asses off running the biggest event in the country after months of preparation, I could imagine it may be a little bit before you get a response.

I am sure they are, and I congratulate them for putting forth the effort. However the USRCCA has been sold for a while now, and no-one bothered to mention anything until today. Granted there really is nothing anyone can do about it now, and maybe there never was. But then again, if you piss off all the people that support you in what your doing, where will you be when and if they leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I just hope they left someone at the shop so they can mail out my CVDs I ordered last week :?
LOL, I'm sure you'll get your stuff!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Soundcolor, Would it kill you to stop posting entire speeches?
I didn't even bother to read it.

I will try...

Can somebody give me cliff notes?

I doubt it. Most vendors are closed because they're at worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Sound color, the rules are created by a GROUP of people....Jake is NOT one of those folks. You dont have to worry about him changing them to help out his business.

Also, would you have wanted this organization be sold to someone who didnt give a shit about this hobby? Jake is one of the top drivers in the country...if anyone deserves to be in charge, he does!

Jeremy, I understand he is not on the ruling body, but as I stated who's to say he cant change the people of that body to get the result he wants. I am by no means saying he would do that. I dont know him. I am just raising what I feel is a valid question about the overall controll of the organization. Already alot of people have been screwed over pretty bad. There are alot of really good top drivers ready to quick comping alltogether over the miss-steps that have already been taken. I just want simple straight forward answers. Its the only way to solve the problem
Old 08-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #34
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post

I doubt it. Most vendors are closed because they're at worlds.
Yea thats what I figured when I ordered them, was just wishful thinking.

I dont know Jason and John nearly as good as half the site does but something tells me that if they didnt feel Jake and Brian were capable of doing a successful job at this then they woudlnt have sold it to them.

And yeah Jake owns CKRC but as for manufacturing part of it ..... CKRC makes aftermarket parts, its not like hes manufacturing a complete kit thats gonna rewrite the rules for. Cant see a conflict of interest there at all.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #35
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
But then foul number 2 was commited. Keeping the people of this hobby in the dark. We have the right to know. NOW. Not later when it suits you, but now. Keeping it a secret only adds to the frustrations of people.
Nobody was kept in the dark, the announcement will be made here at the worlds, the largest gathering of rccrawlers in the world.

Quote:
Now, as far as RCC, Jason, and Badger's end goes. I dont know. I'm not in their shoes. Maybe they got tired of handeling it and wanted to pass it off.
The fact of the matter is we own and run an online forum, we never had any intention of running a sanctioning body.

We do great at providing live coverage, that is what we are going to focus on.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Nobody was kept in the dark, the announcement will be made here at the worlds, the largest gathering of rccrawlers in the world.

The fact of the matter is we own and run an online forum, we never had any intention of running a sanctioning body.

We do great at providing live coverage, that is what we are going to focus on.
i just got finished reading a 6 page thread where people were pissed off about the worlds, someone asked the question about who bought the usrcca, and very clearly at that. No-one bothered to answere. That thread was from the beginning of July.

I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #37
20K Club

Quote:
Jeremy, I understand he is not on the ruling body, but as I stated who's to say he cant change the people of that body to get the result he wants. I am by no means saying he would do that. I dont know him. I am just raising what I feel is a valid question about the overall controll of the organization. Already alot of people have been screwed over pretty bad. There are alot of really good top drivers ready to quick comping alltogether over the miss-steps that have already been taken. I just want simple straight forward answers. Its the only way to solve the problem
He could change a rule at any time. However, Jason and Badger could have too.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
not public in the sense that it is publicly traded on the open market sure. Yes it is privately held.

However, as I stated, the fact that it is the governing body that most, if not all clubs revolve around means that it is public. As in publicly acknowledged as THE ruling body of our hobby. Privately held in that two people own it..
most people shop at Wal-mart. do they need to tell you before a price change is made?

Quote:
I guess in the grand scheme of things, I feel like they took a giant piss in the face of all of us that support them thru supporting this hobby. If it werent for us, why would there rules matter.
just how are you supporting "THEM" buy a star

Quote:
Keeping it a secret only adds to the frustrations of people.
none of your business

Quote:
I think the way this, and the worlds has been handled is a slap in the face to each and every member of this site.
again buy a star

I have ordered a few times from CKRC never had a problem. fast shipping accurate.

am I a Jake fan? not necessarily
Old 08-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #39
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Fair enough. But was the president of CKRC the only person you trusted. If so, thats kinda a slap in the face to every vendor on this site
It had nothing to do with vendors. Tell me who else has years of experience of holding huge events.

Quote:
However the USRCCA has been sold for a while now, and no-one bothered to mention anything until today.
Actually there are 2 things false about that statement. 1. no it hasn't been sold for a while now, and 2 obviously someone mentioned something or you wouldn't have started this thread.

Quote:
i just got finished reading a 6 page thread where people were pissed off about the worlds, someone asked the question about who bought the usrcca, and very clearly at that. No-one bothered to answere. That thread was from the beginning of July.
Nothing was sold in the beginning of July.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #40
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Right, the owners of the governing body are not actually involved in the rule making. Sure he could pull the rug at any time, but Jason and Badger always had that right too. In reality, nothing has changed on the whole except a few names on legal documents. I think it will be good for the sport as a whole in the long run, as you need someone with a LOT of drive and savvy to keep on top of everything.
Closed Thread