Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

I just figured it out. soundcolor is WHEELCHAIR
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #42
Donkey Punch Champion!

Soundcolor...go fawk yourself! You don't support this site. Where's your Star?

This thread should be deleted. And Soundcolor banned for a week. This is just a mess, and it's all because some self fullfilled DOUCHEBAG thinks he should have known.

WOW, you just made the Douchbag list.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

what does the owner of a sanctioning body really get??? Rights to the proceeds to the top event? Pain and Suffering from putting up with complainers? Their name on a piece of paper and the insurance policy that comes with it?

Who really cares?!?!?! If they go all Obama on us and start doing what ever they please, making up rules and putting czars in control of everything, someone will start a new sanctioning body, the clubs will migrate there and the game starts again... Heck, its in their best interest to make things better not change a bunch of rules and tick people off... Look at how much money they lost out on when they moved Nats/Worlds last min, do you think that will happen again?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
You don't support this site. Where's your Star?
You know, he has a point here. It's kind of like all of these Canadians bitching about the President of the US...
Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

You have a funny sense of what "public" means. RCC is public in the same way that broadcast TV is public. Anyone can view it, but Jason and badger are the station owners. They're damn good at what they do; that's why RCC has 30,000 registered users. Some of them even support the site by buying a star

It's one thing to run a website, and another to govern a sanctioning body. Try to fit them both into a schedule that also includes real jobs.

Whether this is a good move or not depends on CKRC's ability to run a business and a sanctioning body. Time will tell. I'd be very surprised if any CKRC-favorable rules will go into effect. Nobody's that fawkin stupid. Well, maybe one guy....
Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

First, to all of those who listened to my questions and understood my concerns, and that I wasn't trying to start a problem, only ask questions, I thank you. You have been very helpfull. I do appreciate it.

To the others that ask... Soundcolor, where is your star..? I will tell you this. If I had money for a star, I would most certainly consider buying one. However I dont have the money for one, so I cant. Beyond that, I do support this site, as I have, and do, when I have the money, buy parts from the vendors of this site. I also provide good tech info, and always help to answer anyones question that I can.
Last I checked, this was still a free site. It was when I signed up, and it remains so to this day. Until Jason, and Badger reset the rules to only allow paying members here then it will be that way. Honestly, ask yourself something, are you going to shove the "buy a star" thing down every single persons throat that doesnt have one or can't afford one...? Do you really think that makes new people want to be a part of this board?

I can see that this has struck a nerve with people, and apparantly I should have kept my mouth shut. I didnt know that questioning the rules makers wasn't allowed. In the future I will refrain from questioning the star holders authority.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
In the future I will refrain from questioning the star holders authority.
Thanks!

It's time to read your signature again...
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
First, to all of those who listened to my questions and understood my concerns, and that I wasn't trying to start a problem, only ask questions, I thank you. You have been very helpfull. I do appreciate it.

To the others that ask... Soundcolor, where is your star..? I will tell you this. If I had money for a star, I would most certainly consider buying one. However I dont have the money for one, so I cant. Beyond that, I do support this site, as I have, and do, when I have the money, buy parts from the vendors of this site. I also provide good tech info, and always help to answer anyones question that I can.
Last I checked, this was still a free site. It was when I signed up, and it remains so to this day. Until Jason, and Badger reset the rules to only allow paying members here then it will be that way. Honestly, ask yourself something, are you going to shove the "buy a star" thing down every single persons throat that doesnt have one or can't afford one...? Do you really think that makes new people want to be a part of this board?

I can see that this has struck a nerve with people, and apparantly I should have kept my mouth shut. I didnt know that questioning the rules makers wasn't allowed. In the future I will refrain from questioning the star holders authority.
Cant afford a $20.00 star? You my friend need to find a new hobby as this one is not in your price range.

So now that you are in the "KNOW" now what? What does the sale of a sanctioning body mean to you? You as the OP boarder on Hate Mongering! :-P
Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Here is a different take on this .
Maybe he is asking these questions to see if he wants to buy a star and stick around.Personally If all I did was ask a simple question and then get the response he received I would sure not spend money to support the site and hang out with a bunch of jerks..
This sport is getting really expensive and I do not blame anyone for wanting to know who is over it and making the decisions.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnpnick View Post
Cant afford a $20.00 star? You my friend need to find a new hobby as this one is not in your price range.

So now that you are in the "KNOW" now what? What does the sale of a sanctioning body mean to you? You as the OP boarder on Hate Mongering! :-P

Right now I can't no. However with all the bashing thats done from people that share the same hobby intrest I do about not being able to afford one, then why would I want to...?

Beyond that, you ask what if means to me.

At this point not alot. I remain, at the present, unaffected by it.

I will try to say this again, so everyone please follow along.

I did not want to cause a problem. I had heard some rumors, and knew that alot of people were upset about somethings. I decided to ask straight up. I never bashed on anyone, or called any names. I fail to understand how some of you are upset that I ask some fairly relavant questions.
Is the purpose of this forum not to talk about Rc Rock Crawlers, Is the purpose of the chit chat are not to speak whats on your mind...?

Did I miss something completely when I signed up to this board. Time for a rule re-check

Non-Tech Sections
  • Post pictures of your get togethers, competitions, rc crawling trips, etc.
  • In chit chat talk about whatever you like.
  • If you have a link or picture that may be offensive, please mark it with something like NWS (not work safe) or 35% if there are scantially clad people.
Supporting Member Information
  • The purpose of this site is to promote the hobby of Radio Control rock crawling. Running the site and promoting events costs money, that's why we ask you to become a star holding member.
  • There are three levels of supporting members. Green star, Gold star, and Blue (vendors) star.
  • Please click here for more information on becoming a supporting member: Member Info

Infractions
  • Here are the current infractions we have.
    Flaming Other Member(s)
    Inappropriate Language
    Non vendor pimping products
    Not following forum rules
    Post whoring
    Signature Rule Violation
    Spammed Advertisements
    Unneeded feedback

I did none of these ^

So, can someone please tell me where asking a question is wrong, or where I flamed someone, Cause I have re-read this about 7 times, and I cant see it
Old 08-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

You're implying a secret back-room deal designed to fuk over everyone in this hobby, and that's not the case. You imply that Jason and badger need to get permission from all the members here before they wipe each others' ass.

Yes, USRCCA was sold. If the new management sucks, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Asking a question isn't wrong. Asking a question and throwing a bunch of BS accusations (based on nothing but speculation and perhaps a persecution complex) around is plain old douchebaggery.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Oh my god here we go again. Would the real wheel chair please stand up.

There are to many people with free time on there hands. May be you should quit sturing the shat and go out to the corner and make some money.

You got your answer and didn't likethe answer so shut it and start your own sanctioning body, it is so easy all the cool kids are doing it.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
You're implying a secret back-room deal designed to fuk over everyone in this hobby, and that's not the case. You imply that Jason and badger need to get permission from all the members here before they wipe each others' ass.

Yes, USRCCA was sold. If the new management sucks, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Asking a question isn't wrong. Asking a question and throwing a bunch of BS accusations (based on nothing but speculation and perhaps a persecution complex) around is plain old douchebaggery.

I implied nothing. I stated that a number of people are unhappy about it. Tell me thats a lie...

I threw no such accusations, and speculated on nothing. Nor will I hurl inults around at peopl for no reason.

If you dont like my question, then dont reply. I'm sorry that I am not an OG crawler, and have all the cool nifty perks that go along with it. Sorry. One thing I do know is, I love my hobby. All I have done was ask questions...

Every day that I come on to this site, all I see anymore is a bunch of the "OG" crawlers that have grown old and bitter in their hobby of choice. You no longer want to help anyone. Its as if the hobby has lost the fun for you. Thats really sad to see because in the end, we are all just grown me (and women) playing with toy trucks. If its not fun, and its a burden to you to help, and you can no longer be nice, then why dont you gracefully bow out. Better to retire on top, then go down a broken hack that no-one likes
Old 08-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #54
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
You imply that Jason and badger need to get permission from all the members here before they wipe each others' ass.
How'd you know that Badger and I wipe each others asses?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #55
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
That shitty smell when we are around you.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I implied nothing. I stated that a number of people are unhappy about it. Tell me thats a lie...

I threw no such accusations, and speculated on nothing. Nor will I hurl inults around at peopl for no reason.

If you dont like my question, then dont reply. I'm sorry that I am not an OG crawler, and have all the cool nifty perks that go along with it. Sorry. One thing I do know is, I love my hobby. All I have done was ask questions...

Every day that I come on to this site, all I see anymore is a bunch of the "OG" crawlers that have grown old and bitter in their hobby of choice. You no longer want to help anyone. Its as if the hobby has lost the fun for you. Thats really sad to see because in the end, we are all just grown me (and women) playing with toy trucks. If its not fun, and its a burden to you to help, and you can no longer be nice, then why dont you gracefully bow out. Better to retire on top, then go down a broken hack that no-one likes

Done yet?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #57
RCC Addict

As a shop owner it is Jakes best interest to keep customers Happy. The same goes for the USRCCA. If he starts making a bunch of stupid rule changes, them people will start attending the comps and there will go the time and money he has invested. I agree that he has the background with promotions to take this sport to the next level. The Worlds this year was a train wreck and with the new owner this will more than likely never occur again. Soundcolor, I have to agree with most of the other guys on here. If you dont like the change thats your opion. There is NOT A CONSPRACY. If you dont like them, then just start your own club and use your own rules. Or better yet, start a new sanctioning body and give the USRCCA a little competition.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #58
RCC Addict

jason and badger were the owners and the rules commitee was like its employee's just as anyother business, they have the free will to sell it at there will, If you would have paid attention to who is running the events you would have noticed mr. hellenbeck has been helping in running a lot of the big events lately, I could already have told you he was apart of this, I have dealed with him on a personal level in his store a few times, and the way his store is ran, compared to what a lot have said about him and his stores products are 2 different things, everytime I go into the Reno area I make sure to stop by his shop. that being said, no person or club is forced to use the usrcca rule they are at free will to modify them to their own liking We are lucky to have guys like him that want to step up and promote the hobby in a positive way rather then a lot of shops only stocking parts because they have to!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Soundcolor from reading your posts, you seem to be very unhappy with the sale of the sanctioning body.

Fair enough - don't attend sanctioned events or use their rules. Better yet, start your own sanctioning body that you can own forever and run however you please. Problem solved.

You also don't seem to be a fan of the way you're posts are received on rcc.

Solution - stop posting. Yes you can talk about whatever you like in the chit chat section, but if you talk about, we are just empowered to dump on you for it.

Until we see if the running of the sanctioning body actually changes at all following the ownership change I don't think anyone here can have a completely informed opinion on the change (the 50/50 mix of feedback on orders placed with CKRC is not an appropriate gauge).

And to Jason and Badger, you guys do a great job running this site, if not for you there would be far fewer crawlers today and the hobby would not be what it is. I can always respect a person who can not only admit but also act on their limitations, from what you've said running the board and the coverage is what you're best at, so props are due to you for stepping up and passing control of the sanctioning body to someone else.

Thanks guys
Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I was a broken hack that no one likes when I signed up

Speaking for myself (and probably more than a few of the OG's) what we're tired of is seeing the same dumb questions being asked over and over. wut bodie is teh best? were did u get thos weels. were r teh nitros. Used to be we'd search for the answers before asking, and form some opinions of our own rather than having to get a group consensus before buying a can of paint. Back in the day we didn't put up with that shit. You think we're harsh now, you shoulda been here four years ago. Actually, no, you couldn't have handled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
Some things you just can't un-see
Closed Thread