Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Alright, I have to ask

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #61
Suck it up!

I'd heard this rumor a while back. Not a fan of CKRC, so I was a little sketchy about the deal. How does it effect me? It doesn't.

If Jake upholds or improves the reputation of the USRCCA, then cool. Its in his and CKRC's best interest to do so.

If he runs it into the ground, we'll all move on to something else after watching him go down in flames.

The USRCCA is not the absolute law when it comes to crawling. Local clubs adopt the rules as guidelines, not strict dictatorial rule. The only time you really have to worry about what the USRCCA does is when you attend one of thier official events.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #62
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Sound color, the rules are created by a GROUP of people...
And those people,along with all the moderators,admins and vendors can be found by clicking View Forum Leaders at the bottom of the forums front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Here is a different take on this .
Maybe he is asking these questions to see if he wants to buy a star and stick around.Personally If all I did was ask a simple question and then get the response he received I would sure not spend money to support the site and hang out with a bunch of jerks..
This sport is getting really expensive and I do not blame anyone for wanting to know who is over it and making the decisions.
X2 on that. Y'all need to calm down. These are just toys remember??????
Old 08-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #63
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippirocs View Post
If you dont like them, then just start your own club and use your own rules. Or better yet, start a new sanctioning body and give the USRCCA a little competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastard View Post

You got your answer and didn't likethe answer so shut it and start your own sanctioning body, it is so easy all the cool kids are doing it.

Here's a question for RCC, Being RCC doesn't have anything to do with USRCCA anymore, How would a new sanction body be welcomed here if one was to pop up.
How would RCC staff react.
How would RCC members react.

For the record I support the change that Jason and John have decided to do. It is theirs to do as they will.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #64
Release your anger..

I see everyone ignored my loony conspiracy theorist explanation for Soundcolor's annoying-ness. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
You know, he has a point here. It's kind of like all of these Non-Canadian Canadians bitching about the President of the US...
Fixed it.

In somewhat unrelated news, what in hells name is going on around here?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #65
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Here's a question for RCC, Being RCC doesn't have anything to do with USRCCA anymore, How would a new sanction body be welcomed here if one was to pop up.
The USRCCA has 100% of our support, we fully back them.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #66
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
In somewhat unrelated news, what in hells name is going on around here?

Next thing you know there'll be adds for Trojans and Astroglide.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

I used to respect alot of the members on this board.

Turns out, I was an idiot.

Problem fixed, dont admire the asses.

I do need to apologize for one thing tho. I am sorry that I ever questioned the dictatorship of this board. My bad...

You are all Gods, Nay... Masters of the Universe. Lords of the Earth. Conqueres of man.

Go ahead... maintain the status quo. No more interuptions from me on this topic.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #68
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
The USRCCA has 100% of our support, we fully back them.
I take that as staff doesn't welcome new sanction body.

What about members ,would they welcome a new sanction body.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #69
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post

Quote:

I don't see the harm in a new sanctioning body..
I"ll probably get banned for that.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I see nothing wrong with a new sanctioning body.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #71
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
jason and badger were the owners and the rules commitee was like its employee's just as anyother business
So if the USRCCA is a profitable organization, when does the rules committee get their paychecks?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
So if the USRCCA is a profitable organization, when does the rules committee get their paychecks?
you volenteer
Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #73
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post

Hey now,rules committee ...moderator....we'll get 2 paychecks....
Old 08-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #74
Old guy

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with a new sanctioning body.
In my offroad days I ran in 2 sanctions. It was fun.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
How would RCC staff react.
How would RCC members react.

For the record I support the change that Jason and John have decided to do. It is theirs to do as they will.

You bring up a interesting point what would the stance of RCC be if a new sanctioning body was to be formed?Would it be welcomed or looked down at and not allowed to be discussed on this site?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You bring up a interesting point what would the stance of RCC be if a new sanctioning body was to be formed?Would it be welcomed or looked down at and not allowed to be discussed on this site?
I think that is a valid question.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Firstly, I'm unsure how I feel about the USRCRCA being sold. I'm slightly confused that it's worth money, it would have made more sense to me if leadership merely be handed off. It's a free market though, its worth whatever they think 'cause its their money.

That said, having talked with Jason, I think he was getting burned out from being so busy with the site, running the USRCRCA and organizing events, running our local comp series, co-driving a XRRA buggy, having a normal job and a family to spend time with. I imagine Badger's situation was/is similar. They have been handing off responsibilities to free up time for an increased focus on the website and (I assume) to have more free time/spend more time with the families. A lot of people get burned out on this R/C thing and quit. Wouldn't it suck if Jason and/or Badger got burned out and lost interest in RCC? This is one of the best maintained forums I've ever seen, you'd notice if they lost interest. So, I am fine with them passing the torch.

I admit, CKRC doesn't have the best reputation for shipping. My first instinct was to dislike Jake, but this was based entirely on rumors about his business and his signature and a few ill conceived notions about what kind of guy he must be. I met him briefly at Rocas Rojo, and he seems like a pretty damn nice guy. He and Parker are both very good drivers and they're passionate about the sport. In short, they know their shit. They're not stupid, I doubt the currrent setup of a rules committee will change and I would be really fawking surprised if they pulled any shitty tricks to further their business interests. No reverse ESC's may become required though

In short, I genuinely expect good things. If you're not happy, stand up and contribute rather than just shit talking people on the internet like a pimply faced looser.

Last edited by chrisjlittle; 08-28-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #78
The Wheels Keep Turning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

More generally, conflict of interests can be defined as any situation in which an individual or corporation (either private or governmental) is in a position to exploit a professional or official capacity in some way for their personal or corporate benefit.

Depending upon the law or rules related to a particular organization, the existence of a conflict of interest may not, in and of itself, be evidence of wrongdoing. In fact, for many professionals, it is virtually impossible to avoid having conflicts of interest from time to time. A conflict of interests can, however, become a legal matter for example when an individual tries (and/or succeeds in) influencing the outcome of a decision, for personal benefit. A director or executive of a corporation will be subject to legal liability if a conflict of interests breaches his Duty of Loyalty.

There often is confusion over these two situations. Someone accused of a conflict of interest may deny that a conflict exists because he/she did not act improperly. In fact, a conflict of interests can exist even if there are no improper acts as a result of it. (One way to understand this is to use the term "conflict of roles". A person with two roles—an individual who owns stock and is also a government official, for example—may experience situations where those two roles conflict. The conflict can be mitigated—see below—but it still exists. In and of itself, having two roles is not illegal, but the differing roles will certainly provide an incentive for improper acts in some circumstances.)
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

More generally, conflict of interests can be defined as any situation in which an individual or corporation (either private or governmental) is in a position to exploit a professional or official capacity in some way for their personal or corporate benefit.

Depending upon the law or rules related to a particular organization, the existence of a conflict of interest may not, in and of itself, be evidence of wrongdoing. In fact, for many professionals, it is virtually impossible to avoid having conflicts of interest from time to time. A conflict of interests can, however, become a legal matter for example when an individual tries (and/or succeeds in) influencing the outcome of a decision, for personal benefit. A director or executive of a corporation will be subject to legal liability if a conflict of interests breaches his Duty of Loyalty.

There often is confusion over these two situations. Someone accused of a conflict of interest may deny that a conflict exists because he/she did not act improperly. In fact, a conflict of interests can exist even if there are no improper acts as a result of it. (One way to understand this is to use the term "conflict of roles". A person with two roles—an individual who owns stock and is also a government official, for example—may experience situations where those two roles conflict. The conflict can be mitigated—see below—but it still exists. In and of itself, having two roles is not illegal, but the differing roles will certainly provide an incentive for improper acts in some circumstances.)
Is there any more conflict of interest with Jake and Parker owning the USRCRCA than there was for Jason and Badger? Jason and Badger could have squelched talk of competing sanctioning bodies (I'm not aware of this happening in the past, though I may have missed it) and they also could have manipulated the USRCRCA to snub out a competing forum. I think perhaps it would be better to have less busy people run it, but who? If Brian and Jake aren't on the rules committee and don't dicker with the rules committee I don't see a problem.

The real test will be to see where the 2010 nats will be held. I think it would be a good idea for the sport to have it move around and not stay on the west coast. We'll see. I'm optimistically withholding judgment until then.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippirocs View Post
As a shop owner it is Jakes best interest to keep customers Happy. The same goes for the USRCCA. If he starts making a bunch of stupid rule changes, them people will start attending the comps and there will go the time and money he has invested. I agree that he has the background with promotions to take this sport to the next level. The Worlds this year was a train wreck and with the new owner this will more than likely never occur again. Soundcolor, I have to agree with most of the other guys on here. If you dont like the change thats your opion. There is NOT A CONSPRACY. If you dont like them, then just start your own club and use your own rules. Or better yet, start a new sanctioning body and give the USRCCA a little competition.
One would only hope and think so. I must say though that they had time this year to realize most that earned their spot couldn't make it. They could have had it in Disney, but they completely ignored that idea and stuck with their own familiar grounds. If they want to please their "customers" and "run it like a business", they need to start thinking that way. Not next year, but now. Really a month ago. They are already behind...
Closed Thread