Thread: Alright, I have to ask

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #161
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXcrawler View Post
That's the understatement of the day.

I agree DQ'd no question. How would we know if there is a problem if we didn't whine on the computer

Really.... There was a poll about if a new sanctioning was needed and poof the computer magically eat it.....

Nope, I, the poster, deleted it after Jason's response. I was not told to, or asked to by the admins.

I think it's only fair to give Jason and John a chance to straighten out this situation. I think, Jason, John and RCC are largely responsible for making RC crawling what it is today. I doubt they want all that hard work to be for naught, nor the reputation of RCC or the USRCCA to be "tainted' by this whole situation.

I also understand why Jason and John didn't want to continue running the USRCCA. Although I wish it had been handed off to a committee formed from all the USRCCA clubs for planning and running the National/World events, like many other large National sporting events. I'm sure there are many different talents among the RCC members that could be helpful in the planning of an event like this. And I think many would be willing to help. Think of the pool of talent with 32,000+ members

Thanks Jason, John, and RCC for all you've done for rc crawling
I truly hope this is straightened out. The future of RC crawling may well be in your hands!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

I haven't always agreed with Jason or Badger on the way they do things, but I always had a hell of a time at Nationals, they always put on a classy show. The biggest thing I respected about them is the fact that they understood that not running in there event was a classy move. I give them alot of crap and have caused my share of trouble around here, but I feel like Jason and Badger are just as upset as we are and will make it right. I'm behind them, because they know how to run an event. (Maybe not a website, but an event....)
Old 08-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

I wasn't at Worlds, but I have a Question. Jake Skipped Tech, He was called out on it. The Body Failed Tech.... The sides where only 2.5in not 3in...

Did he change the Body or was he allowed to run it?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
[/COLOR]

Nope, I, the poster, deleted it after Jason's response. I was not told to, or asked to by the admins.

I think it's only fair to give Jason and John a chance to straighten out this situation. I think, Jason, John and RCC are largely responsible for making RC crawling what it is today. I doubt they want all that hard work to be for naught, nor the reputation of RCC or the USRCCA to be "tainted' by this whole situation.

I also understand why Jason and John didn't want to continue running the USRCCA. Although I wish it had been handed off to a committee formed from all the USRCCA clubs for planning and running the National/World events, like many other large National sporting events. I'm sure there are many different talents among the RCC members that could be helpful in the planning of an event like this. And I think many would be willing to help. Think of the pool of talent with 32,000+ members

Thanks Jason, John, and RCC for all you've done for rc crawling
I truly hope this is straightened out. The future of RC crawling may well be in your hands!!
Fair enough, my bad. Good move too. Let the waters clear first.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #165
Old guy

How would RCC fix the USRCCA , not support it anymore or take it back from them. I would see it hard to do either.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #166
Pebble Pounder

well let me chime in as i crawl with BPRCA . that being said i think parker makes some bad a** courses. and jake is a great person. in no way would they try to change rules dramaticaly. there both great drivers. So what they got overwelmed and "cheated" there way in they made a mistake EVERYONE does one time or another.
im sure the prevous owners made an educated desision who to sell it too. and they sold it to brian and jake its there desision.
i also think that you guys see jake as the owner af ckrc and if you have bad bissness from ckrc then you relate it to jake.
just my .02
Old 08-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #167
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
How would RCC fix the USRCCA , not support it anymore or take it back from them. I would see it hard to do either.
depending on what the agreement and arrangement was and if all things were finalized if Jason and John were inclined to step in there may not be anything they can do. I am on the side of wait and see with the new owners, they are new at it and probably had no clue the scope of what they were stepping into. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning any action but give them a chance to correct it or make amends before alienating or taking it back.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoracer99 View Post
i also think that you guys see jake as the owner af ckrc and if you have bad bissness from ckrc then you relate it to jake.
just my .02
If I had a bad buisness experience why would I not relate it to the owner? Not that I have with CKRC, I have never done buisness with them.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well let me chime in as i crawl with BPRCA . that being said i think parker makes some bad a** courses. and jake is a great person. in no way would they try to change rules dramaticaly. there both great drivers. So what they got overwelmed and "cheated" there way in they made a mistake EVERYONE does one time or another.
im sure the prevous owners made an educated desision who to sell it too. and they sold it to brian and jake its there desision.
just my .02
well what you are saying is what I would expect from a guy that crawls with them on a regular basis. That being said everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Mine is that He knew what he was doing and did it anyway. That is his nature. I for one have no interest in attending any event that is put on buy someone with those morals.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If I had a bad buisness experience why would I not relate it to the owner? Not that I have with CKRC, I have never done buisness with them.
Neither have I because we know better.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #171
Pebble Pounder

i know everyone is entitled to there own opinion. im not aiming it at anyone. it was never ment that way.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
just my .02

Admit to me that he is to fawkin lazy to stand in line at tech, and to fawkin stupid to read a ruler and I will agree with you. With that said ignorance is never an excuse for breaking a rule. Look at your location, that tells the story.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #173
RCC Addict

Quote:
Really.... There was a poll about if a new sanctioning was needed and poof the computer magically eat it.....
This kind of thing is why I think Jason and badger are reasonable. Two of the most outspoken guys in this debate are moderators. If Jason and Badger were the dictators some people make them out to be, their mods would be tools. I wouldn't call any of them tools, they're all pretty damn reasonable. They all certainly think for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Besides, I wrote that before that thread was deleted. Believe me, I was somewhat startled when the thread disappeared.

Last edited by chrisjlittle; 08-29-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #174
Rock Crawler

At an event that size if god himself was crawling he should not be allowed on the course with out bieng teched. If he did not have his rig teched then he was cheating. No excuses needed. I do not leave my house with out making shure i will pass tech so i almost gaurentee he knew he was not within the rules. That my friend is bad for business. At that point he should be dq for forgoing tech before he ran not to mention he was out of specs.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #175
Gold Star Baby!

Please bear with us in these times, we are just as upset as all of you. All of this talk about new sanctioning bodies doesn't need to happen, I can guarntee you that we will fix the USRCCA.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
Please bear with us in these times, we are just as upset as all of you. All of this talk about new sanctioning bodies doesn't need to happen, I can guarntee you that we will fix the USRCCA.

Do work son.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Admit to me that he is to fawkin lazy to stand in line at tech, and to fawkin stupid to read a ruler and I will agree with you. With that said ignorance is never an excuse for breaking a rule. Look at your location, that tells the story.
Amen brother! He's not ignorant he is just well we all know.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #178
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

RCCrawler is a privately owned web site just like the USRCCA sanctioning body is. How long before RCC is sold? Don't laugh or doubt it because it happened on another smaller private forum of 15,000 members that I have been a member of since 2004. The owner of the site was unable to manage / handle all the daily maintenance on the site among his other duties even with the help of volunteer moderators. The owner of that particular forum was more about the forum / preservation of the hobby and less about the money than RCC is. RCC is all about the money and so is most everything in life so I am not trying to pick a fight there. I do understand that web forums do have some costs to stay running.

However, if the USRCCA was sold because the owners could not properly manage or handle it, what happens if RC Short Course takes off and RCC is not as viable? RCCrawler is what it is because of the members that contributed to it. No other R/C crawler related web site has taken off like RCCrawler has unfortunately.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #179
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCtv View Post
I hope so bud. But hypothetically if for some reason someone did try to start a new sanctioning body. Would that body be allowed on RCC and be welcomed or would they have to find a new home? I am not trying to make trouble but there are a lot of people on here that think you would shut it down in a hurry.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #180
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
So what they got overwelmed and "cheated" there way in they made a mistake EVERYONE does one time or another.
When you compete at the level of the "Worlds" and you run the show......Are you really trying to say that he didn't know the rules or that it was a accident that his body was 1/2" short And then there is that other fact that you are supposed to go through "Tech"! And when you make these "Mistakes" because you were "overwhelmed" you still take the trophy and cash! Your power of perception is just stupid!
Closed Thread