RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Mailing spray paint (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/197567-mailing-spray-paint.html)

1BadJeepBruiser 09-03-2009 07:14 AM

Mailing spray paint

I have quite a problem guys, I need to get someone a .99 cent can of colorplace walnut brown spray paint and no one so far will mail it :evil::evil: I brought to USPS and they looked at me like a handed them a bomb :roll::roll:. I then tried fed-ex they told me I could maybe mail it but I have to 1st call fed-ex then they will give me the info I need to down load on the site and I have to hand write some very lengthy shipping manifest as they guy explained to me... Truth in the matter is my time is very limited and I need to just get this paint in the mail ASAP without going through hell to do so...I havent been to UPS yet because there isnt one nearby at all and by the time I get out of work they are closed...I looked on there site and it looks like it may be accepted but it would either have to be in a special box that meets some sort of requirements or purchase some sort of special box...

Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

Robbob 09-03-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 1975364)
I have quite a problem guys, I need to get someone a .99 cent can of colorplace walnut brown spray paint and no one so far will mail it :evil::evil: I brought to USPS and they looked at me like a handed them a bomb :roll::roll:. I then tried fed-ex they told me I could maybe mail it but I have to 1st call fed-ex then they will give me the info I need to down load on the site and I have to hand write some very lengthy shipping manifest as they guy explained to me... Truth in the matter is my time is very limited and I need to just get this paint in the mail ASAP without going through hell to do so...I havent been to UPS yet because there isnt one nearby at all and by the time I get out of work they are closed...I looked on there site and it looks like it may be accepted but it would either have to be in a special box that meets some sort of requirements or purchase some sort of special box...

Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

Wheres it got to go? Thats not the brown for your Clone is it?

Wrap the crap out of the can so you cant hear the ball rattle inside ...... im sure they smuggle worse things through the mail. :mrgreen:

Duuuuuuuude 09-03-2009 07:22 AM

Pretty much any spray can I've had shipped to me was via UPS. Probably your only choice.

constantmotion 09-03-2009 07:25 AM

I have received spray paint from TowerHobbies via USPS.

CPE MT 09-03-2009 07:26 AM

You can only ship paint (legally anyway) via ground shipments. Our orders typically are shipped UPS Ground whenever they include paints.

canadianbacon 09-03-2009 08:10 AM

Yea, if you ship it using ground then it should be good, but AFAIK nobody will ship it using air.

1BadJeepBruiser 09-03-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbob (Post 1975370)
Wheres it got to go? Thats not the brown for your Clone is it?

Wrap the crap out of the can so you cant hear the ball rattle inside ...... im sure they smuggle worse things through the mail. :mrgreen:

it is... Chris's walmarts FAIL in the paint selection :evil:

With my luck the can would burst and I would have to go to jail

I guess Ill see about getting to a UPS...

Mad Scientist 09-03-2009 10:41 AM

Normally, I'd say f-it and just wrap it up nice and tight and not say a word about it. But nowadays, you might get busted for terrorism or some crap like that. So yeah, I'd say ground shipping via UPS might be the way to go.

Robbob 09-03-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 1975464)
it is... Chris's walmarts FAIL in the paint selection :evil:

With my luck the can would burst and I would have to go to jail

I guess Ill see about getting to a UPS...

get me a Walmart Sku or part number off the can. I pass 2 on the way home from work and have a super Wally in my town.

1BadJeepBruiser 09-03-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbob (Post 1975674)
get me a Walmart Sku or part number off the can. I pass 2 on the way home from work and have a super Wally in my town.

O man that would be awesome, I dont have the can with me, its in my Taco and I have the 4runner today. Ill cut open the box when I get home, Thanks Bob "thumbsup"

-Mike

JeremyH 09-03-2009 12:21 PM

You should be able to mail that....just not by air. I buy spray paint from Tower all the time and they send it (IIRC) UPS.

dkf 09-03-2009 12:35 PM

Has to ship ground. If you buy aerosols from various companies they will tell you it has to go ground. Honestly I don't see the big deal about shipping a can or two usps but whatever.

toyofast 09-03-2009 03:39 PM

Ship it from work. That's what I'd do:mrgreen:

2JSC 09-03-2009 04:39 PM

Anything aerosol can only be shipped GROUND. UPS Ground would be the way to go, slow, but it will get there.

crunky 09-03-2009 05:02 PM

wrap it up and tell the lady at the counter its "toys".
"thumbsup"

STANG KILLA SS 09-03-2009 05:35 PM

ive mailed stuff like that. when they ask you are there any flamables, illigal liquids, etc etc, just say no. dont tell them whats in the box mike!

2JSC 09-03-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 1976461)
ive mailed stuff like that. when they ask you are there any flamables, illigal liquids, etc etc, just say no. dont tell them whats in the box mike!

But if the can explodes in a plane and causes it to crash.. guess who's fault it is? :shock:

I wouldn't risk it. Rules are rules remember? :mrgreen:

Robbob 09-04-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2JSC (Post 1976468)
But if the can explodes in a plane and causes it to crash.. guess who's fault it is? :shock:

I wouldn't risk it. Rules are rules remember? :mrgreen:

CSI on the scene ........ /in my David Caruso voice/ Someone tried to paint the skies .........

sorry had to ...... :-P

2JSC 09-04-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbob (Post 1977448)
CSI on the scene ........ /in my David Caruso voice/ Someone tried to paint the skies .........

sorry had to ...... :-P

LMAO :lmao: I hate that character. :evil:

dblrnut 09-04-2009 04:56 PM

i got a can with my order shipped priority from ckrc to chicagoland area took 3 days i dont think its a problem just tell them its a box of adult toys:twisted: helps them keep their distance from it