Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Nature

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Nature

Yesturday I was crawling near a river/stream and was watching my truck.
I was moving along the rocks not really paying any attention to my surroundings. I went to move to another rock, looking down to check my next footing. A mere 3' away was at least a 3' snake basking on the rock. I quickly made distance from it. I wanted to see if it react to my crawler, so I drove with a couple of feet of the snake and I decided NOT to. It didn't bother me when I got too close (by Accident) so wanted to respect nature and not disturb it. Always be aware of your surroundings on the rocks, or other places. We must tread lightly in the great outdoors, and leave little trace. I hope this will be read and taken seriously, if any one else has a story please share it here.
racerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I almost stepped on a 3 foot Copperhead once. He was in a creek with only his head sticking out, so he was well camouflaged. I was within 6 inches. Now I can spot them from a mile away. I agree though, watch where you're stepping and try not to tear things up too much, but have fun.
Blazerbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

All I have to worry about a cougars and "cougars".

don't kill anythin just cause you don't like it or w.e :(
it makes me sad when people dont even try to avoid squirelles or raccoons when they're driving along.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
it makes me sad when people dont even try to avoid squirelles or raccoons when they're driving along.

Around here, we try to hit the squirrels. I've come close to a couple with my faster RC's as well.

I also found a pic I snapped just after I backed away. I stepped right in front of that plant in the lower left-hand corner.

Blazerbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

jesus chirst. that would scare the shit out of me.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Suck it up!

I was driving down some backwoods country road one afternoon, minding my own business and suddenly heard this crazy "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" noise in my ear. I turned to look and there was a scared shitless baby dear running next to the truck. Close enough I could have touched it...and I would of if it hadn't of looked so psycho.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

Nature is all around us......I went to dump the trash today, and found this guy cleaning his foot in the dumpster. You just never know.

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 AM   #8
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
All I have to worry about a cougars and "cougars".

don't kill anythin just cause you don't like it or w.e :(
Not me! It's between me wrecking and them getting hit......dead whatever it is! I'll slow down if I can but I'm not jerking my truck to try and miss them....that kills people!

I've had to kill several Cotton Mouth's in my brother yard. He lives on a big river here. He trains dogs at his house. There are aggressive as hell! And can strike almost there body length! I have some picts on my phone I'll see if I can download of one I cut the head off of. Now the only reason for killing them was they will kill the dogs and get up to the house and strike at you as you walk by and don't see them! If you have never seen one you don't want to! Huge fangs and can kill you quick! Short, fat little guys!

Down here in the south we have all kinds of guys to look out for.....Rattel snake, Mocason (Cottonmouth), Timber rattler, Black Widdow, Brown Wreckluse, Rednecks......it's crazy here!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Took these pic's while on vacation..

Check this Little Party animal out....Check his face out... He is all business..

Last edited by run2jeepn; 09-11-2009 at 03:36 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerbogger View Post
Around here, we try to hit the squirrels. I've come close to a couple with my faster RC's as well.

I also found a pic I snapped just after I backed away. I stepped right in front of that plant in the lower left-hand corner.

AHHHHHH if that would have been me you wouldn't have wanted to be around. I would have screamed like a 13 year old girl and broken your ear drums. I have saud it before and I'll say it again...There are only two things I don't f#$@ with, snakes and condoms. That being said my biggest worry playing on the rocks is snakes. Been lucky so far. I really have no idea why i'm so scared of them, its silly really. Just something about them. The first rattler I saw in the great outdoors though was quite a site. my buddy almost stepped on it while we were walking out of the mountains when I got my Jeep stuck. Luckily it was cold and the thing wasn't moving. I would have had a hell of a time carrying him three miles to the nearest house lol.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Not me! It's between me wrecking and them getting hit......dead whatever it is! I'll slow down if I can but I'm not jerking my truck to try and miss them....that kills people!
Damn straight. There's a guy near me who's in a wheel chair because an old lady tried to dodge a cat and ended up pinning him against a wall and crippling him.

There aren't really any wild animals around here to worry about except for Adders an there are really rare any way. That said you have got be care full that you don't go into a field when the cows have got young calfs about. Getting chased out of a field by an animal that weighs more than 10 times what you do isn't fun.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 AM   #12
Just jump it!

All kinds of scary critters down here in the south!
Didnt see this while crawling he was beside my boat.

A night time visitor..

A walk aroud the yard at the right time in spring.

At work.

And if you are real lucky!!!!!!!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Killed this mean little fawker a few weeks ago.

Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote