Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: #23 , Sir' airness, MJ, The greatest of all time .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default #23 , Sir' airness, MJ, The greatest of all time .

The greatest there will ever be inducted into the Hall of fame Sept 12. Anyone else going to watch? I will be home from surgery and will be watching it.

Great tidbit of info in here .

I am a huge collector of jordan sneakers. Anyone else ??

Last edited by PROTOTYPE; 09-09-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Picture no worky.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

He was a one man team! One of the greats for sure The shoes are way over priced though.....I still have my set of the first Jordans in storage. After that I never bought another pair. I've always been more of a steel toe boot guy and Puma's and flip flops in the summer.

The Jordans never made me jump any higher so I gave up on them! Now the Reebok pump, that's where it was at!
Attached Images

TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If only he had been a Laker.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I used to be big into basketball & shoes. I still remember the first piar of sneeks I bought with my own money from my own job. Nike Scotty Pippens. For a cool $157. I think about spending 150 bucks on shoes now and it makes me sick. But I had some tight kicks at the time (actually still have them).

I loved MJ and will watch if it gets played on a local channel because thats all I have.

PS- I had the PUMPS too!!! 'Cept my shit was on the side (the pump/basketball). Yep, I got lucky enough to rock the tennis PUMP. Lowcut with the basketball on the side.

GO MIKE!
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
He was a one man team! One of the greats for sure The shoes are way over priced though.....I still have my set of the first Jordans in storage. After that I never bought another pair. I've always been more of a steel toe boot guy and Puma's and flip flops in the summer.

The Jordans never made me jump any higher so I gave up on them! Now the Reebok pump, that's where it was at!
what kinda work boots?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #6
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
what kinda work boots?
Doc's, Wolverine's, Solovair's. and I have the all so rare 20eye Doc's from back in the day
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Its funny that I respect jordan so much. I'm a knicks fan , noone even chicago fans can say that when the bulls played the knicks it was epic. Jordan himself said his greatest games were against the knicks.

Not sure if you guys knew this but , jordan almost became a knick. The reason he didn't was the rep from new york and the bulls were late to a meeting . Jordan flew back to chicago ,got a call that the bulls still want him.

Also jordan was cut from his first year at UNC. His second year was when he became a tarheal for life.

When it comes to sneakers I'm sick in the head. I have over 30 pairs of jordans and about 15 other types . Nike , 1 pair of burberry converse, puma, kswiss, etc.

for guys who want a good reading , get the espn issue with jordan on cover. Tells a lot from his rookie year to when he officially left washington.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post

Dee Brown made the Reebok pump famous from his attendence in the dunk contest. Right before his no look dunk he pumped up and took flight.

Other inductees will be :

David robinson (the admiral)
John stockton
Jerry west
And another coach , I forget the guys name .
Old 09-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Its funny that I respect jordan so much. I'm a knicks fan , noone even chicago fans can say that when the bulls played the knicks it was epic. Jordan himself said his greatest games were against the knicks.
Funny, but I'm from Chicago and was there during the Jordan-era. The games that I remember were against the Lakers and the Jazz.
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from Houston View Post
Funny, but I'm from Chicago and was there during the Jordan-era. The games that I remember were against the Lakers and the Jazz.

The bulls first hurdle actually was the detroit pistons. They made the highly known rule called " the jordan rules" This basically meant deny jordan the ball, tripple coverage , dont let him in the paint.

Your right jazz and lakers were a battle but not compared to knicks , pistions. After the bulls finally beat up on the pistons and won, the battle came to jazz knicks.

Either way watching 1 man take over a game is priceless. Im sure you remember the game documented "the flu game".