Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: ANYONE HERE INTO CAR AUDIO/VIDEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
20K Club

Default ANYONE HERE INTO CAR AUDIO/VIDEO

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE ENJOYS THE FIELD. I WORK AT AN AUDIO/VIDEO SHOP AND WE KEEP MESSING WITH OUR RC'S HERE. WE HAVE A WALMART MINI COOPER HERE IT IS CLOSE TO 1/4 SCALE AND WE ARE GONNA TRY TO PUT A SUB IN IT. IT IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN THINK OF COMBINING MY HOBBIES. WELL JUST TALKING OUT OF MY ARSE NOW SO ANYWAYS...........
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
MWRCA'er

Default Re: ANYONE HERE INTO CAR AUDIO/VIDEO

Here check this out scan through the pages a video screen and subs in a r/c.

http://www.rcrock.com/article7.html
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I've installed a few systems. I recently installed one in my car and 2 others in my friends cars. I had two 12" Power Acoustik subs, a Power Acoustik amp and a Pioneer head unit in my car until last week... So yeah, I enjoy car audio! I'm actually working with my mechanic to get some jobs installing systems for him.

Destroyer
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #4
MWRCA'er

Yeah I have a 12'' infinity kappa sub and infinity speakers in my truck. So I guess you could say I'm in to this as well.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

my car originally was to be fast but as my friends started to get good systems welll i couldnt let them have something better than me lol so i have a great hookup with jbl and i get alot of stuff for a great price usually $free but im limited small car alot of speakers lol but id like to see pics of taht mini with a sub if yah can
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

TO START, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY TAKING CAPS LOCK OFF. YOU KNOW THIS REALLY STRAINS PEOPLE'S EYES, AND MAKES YOUR POST HARD TO READ. ALSO CAPS PORTRAY YELLING, SO I READ YOUR POST LIKE YOU ARE YELLING AT ME.

On the subject. My best friend's dad owns a car stereo shop. I get to see a lot of cool systems roll through. I wouldn't like my car just having huge amounts of bass though. I more concerned about sound quality, and I don't mind a good looking installation either.
Clod_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
Here check this out scan through the pages a video screen and subs in a r/c.

http://www.rcrock.com/article7.html
That's mine.

I need to finish it.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

WOW! That kicks arse Jasonin. Looks like I'm not the only comp modder around here. ;)
Clod_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I slam with an Audiobahn 12" and an Alpine mono amp in a 2+cf sealed box with a "semi-custom" plexy enclosure that is lighted by a 12" streetglow blue neon for the amp. I refuse to BUY a box...its so easy to build quality sub enclosure if you do your research and can do some basic math to get the volume inside the box right. I've redone the mids about 3 times in my car and have finally settled on a set of 4 JL mids, 5 1/4's in the front doors/kickpanels and the nice 6x9's in the rear deck.

It slams nicely for only being 400w rms on the amp and 52 wpc on the mids
Krod_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #10
06 Super National Champ

Krod,

Which Audiobahn 12 do you have?

I bought a couple of the AW1200Q subs over a year ago. Still need an amp to push them.

Anyway, how do you like'm?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:02 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Jason...

Right now i have a AW1251T. its only 400w rms 800 max, but its a pretty good start for my first audiobahn. I was skeptical about going to them after i had my JL's...but this thing slams just as hard and just as long as they did, and was WAY cheaper lol. I'm VERY impressed with audiobahn so far, and will look into a sub setup like you are talking about in the future. i'm currently in search of a TJ jeep, so no subs in that lol.

-Matt
Old 10-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #12
20K Club

That lil avalanche is cool. We did an install on a lincoln blackwood pickup where we put a 46" or 52" (big whatever it was) plasma in the be that motorized up like that one kind of. The installer that did alot of the work went to a company called midwest customs (www.mw-customs.com). they have pictures of alot of our cars on there now. Just because he did part of the work.

Oh yeah and are those the audiobahn subs with the fire grill? We have seen almost half a dozen cars come after their subs caught on fire.

I have two 10" subs in a 3 cube vented box in my wrangler. I am working on my dash right now. I am moving my head unit to where the heater controls are and molding in a 7" widescreen monitor on top. I have to completely redo the top half of the dash piece where the vents were. I am only about half done now. It has been about a 4 month project already. Wierd how I have been into rc crawling for 4 months
Old 10-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

They dont have a grille...but the basket is a flame design. If some of them came back its because people didnt wire properly or they overpowered the sub. I'm only running 350 rms into this 12 to be safe (its rated at 400rms). Personally i think its just fine...it was more economical than the crappy sony subs and it sounds WAY better. Seems to take the power just fine, even at full volume. My guess is that people tried to over-do-it on the power department with the ones that came back. People think they can go way over the manufacturers specs with these things...they arent super good subs...dont push your luck lol!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:25 PM   #14
20K Club

oops yeah I meant the basket had flames not grill. But about the over powering part, it was actually caught fire because the voice coil was .1" too long and was bottoming out. Audiobahn corrected it I guess but never fully took responsibility.

The hardest part of selling car audio is trying to convince people that the 1000 watt sony amp only pushes about 225-250 watts rms, and sometimes dips way below that. It is hard to convince someone that buying a $700 crossfire is a better deal (I'd tell myself to pound sand).

But hey if anyone ever wants some good deals I can prolly hook ya up.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Jason, That is one sweet ride. 8O I want your job If you have that much free time on your hands

I was thinking about doing something like that a while back, but I don't have as much time as some of us do
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:05 PM   #16

that gives me ideas. my dad ahs one of those maybe i can make it better. thats a cool project
MAXXCRAWLER06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:42 PM   #17
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam1sstang
Jason, That is one sweet ride. 8O I want your job If you have that much free time on your hands

I was thinking about doing something like that a while back, but I don't have as much time as some of us do

:( Unfortunately I don't have that kind of time on my hands anymore.

Teaching for the military, writing for RC Driver, and being the husband/father I should be doesn't leave much time for the projects.

I did all the work on the Avalanche while my daughter with staying with grandparents. I'm to the point now that I need to build a chassis and suspension and be done with it then complete wiring.

Just need to find the time.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:08 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I know how it goes. But that just gives that much more time to think about what/how a guy is going to build something. So if there ever is time it is all planned out.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:43 PM   #19
06 Super National Champ

Yup.

Ideas for the Scorpion have been bouncing around in my head for a year.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Well if you ever do get time to do anything more on it I am interested to see it completed.