Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: KingQuad 700

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #21
RCC Addict

my grandfather just got an 06 polaris. i forgot the name but i think its a 550 or something like that. Indi suspension front and back 4wd. hes probably gunna regret neot getting a winch tho. I think ive put more miles on it than he has. it has a **** load o power. a tree broke right in the middle and was still atached. so i got a rope and one good pull(of course i had to get all the tires spinning first for a lil more of achallenge) and the tree was out f the way.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Got a 06 honda 400. Honda rules all other 4-wheelers are crap. Just my opinion.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:37 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere
Not a very educated one apparantly
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:14 AM   #24
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
Not a very educated one apparantly
No,he's right,Honda DOES lead the way. All the others follow behind picking up table scraps and follow Hondas ideas And yes,I own a Yamaha Raptor. If Honda would put their 650XR in a fourwheeler,I'd trade today,no questions asked.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Honestly if you go back to indy car racing I think most motors used are honda performance motors right? Honda does lead the way, and always will. Also I pull for honda dad works for them here in Alabama, but I have alway liked them.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:43 AM   #26
RCC Addict

We aren't talking about open wheel racing, we're talking about ORV's. And by the way, the YFZ is winning a whole lot more than the TRX-R. Yamaha could win some MX and SX events if they would put people on their bikes that can ride competitively.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #27
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
We aren't talking about open wheel racing, we're talking about ORV's. And by the way, the YFZ is winning a whole lot more than the TRX-R. Yamaha could win some MX and SX events if they would put people on their bikes that can ride competitively.

Well,I kindly agree,we're not talking about open wheel. On the same token,we're not talking about winning races either. Winning races is mainly the rider,cuz most race bikes nowadays all have simular components and are FAR from stock. As far as stock machines,Honda has always been the leader as far as quality and dependabillity of their stock machines.

When I was younger,I raced a stock 1988 Honda 250R in District 37 desert races. Other than a FMF pipe and silencer,better tires,better handle bars and full skidplates,it was stock. Suspention components and the motors internals were ALL stock. I competatively always finished in the top 5,other than a few top 10's. I NEVER had an issue with the reliabillity of my machine and all my racing buddies never had issues either.

Now,I've built my Raptor into a really fast and AWESOME handling machine. I know for a fact that with a little practice to get back into the groove of racing,I could go race desert again and do great. That is if my old and arthritus eaten and wore out body would allow I've got a little motor work done,nearly $2000 in the shocks and suspention,steering dampner,better brakes and controls etc etc etc etc. If Honda would put their big four stroke in an ATV,I would trade my race ready,fully modded Raptor for a bone stock Honda,handsdown,no questions asked.

Why I bought the Raptor in the first place? Well,a big 4 stroke ATV has been a long time dream of mine and I knew with the right mods I could make it handle like I wanted and be a dependable machine. The key words "with the right mods" A Honda,I'm sure it would handle and be as dependable bone stock. I've riden a buddies 400 EX that is bone stock and it handles as good as my Raptor the way it is now. Since the day he brought it home,he's not had to turn a wrench on it other than general maintenence.

Yes,this new genaration of 450 cc'ed bikes out nowadays (Yamahas,Susukis and even Hondas) are fast,I'll give you that. But....................

There's no substitue for cubic inches

Last edited by Reflection; 12-24-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #28
MODERATOR™

Honda has the top car and top "truck" as far as some magazines are concerned too!

I have two Civics myself... no ATVs though.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:16 PM   #29

I have a 05 Arctic Cat 500 5 speed ATV. ANd I put on 26 inch ITP Mudlites with aluminum wheels and I love it. Goes anywhere I want to go.
redneckracer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Honda's are just to generic!
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
Honda has the top car and top "truck" as far as some magazines are concerned too!

I have two Civics myself... no ATVs though.
That is not a damn truck! The Ranchero is more of a truck that that, the Ridgeline is an SUV missing part of the roof.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Yeah but they are sure nice though. Love everything Honda that my mom and ad own. Nice rides fast dependable. The four-wheeler is pretty nice to, I bet anyone on here I could go outside right now and crack that thing in one push of the button. Polaris sucks they would not do that I promise.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:45 PM   #33
RCC Addict

That must be one long push or it's warm where you are, my Honda (bike) won't start the first time I thumb the button.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:34 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I am assuming John Deere, that you have driven all the other makes? I highly doubt it. I think your opinion is a poorly supported opinion, however, I do understand that it is an opinion. It's just a really $hiity one. With a user name like yours, I would have thought you would be driving a Buck or Trail Buck. Just my opinion. After viewing your profile, you are still just a young "buck" who has clearly not been shown the true size of his antlers!

Last edited by DLE88; 01-01-2006 at 12:51 AM.
DLE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:02 AM   #35
Rock Stacker

Let's stay on topic. Let me try this again. I have an 05 KingQuad 700 and love it. What do you drive?

I am not asking what company is better, who wins more races, what is the top speed, which starts in cold weather, Indy car racing, or wannabe trucks. Start a new topic if that is what you want to Chit Chat about.
DLE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I have a 05 raptor 660. Fast enough for me and those who try to keep up .
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

I have a 2003 Yamaha Warrior. My brother has a new KingQuad. I rely on him to pull/winch me out when I forget I dont have 4wd...
Clodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLE88
I am assuming John Deere, that you have driven all the other makes? I highly doubt it. I think your opinion is a poorly supported opinion, however, I do understand that it is an opinion. It's just a really $hiity one. With a user name like yours, I would have thought you would be driving a Buck or Trail Buck. Just my opinion. After viewing your profile, you are still just a young "buck" who has clearly not been shown the true size of his antlers!
Well big guy considering my dad use to work for Polairs and now works for Honda yeah I would say I have drivien a few in my day. I use to go all over the place with him when he had to go and show 4-wheelers, motor cycles, snowmobiles, and all that other stuff for the comapny and often got to drive other peoples new things. Such as yamaha, suzike. So yeah that is a opinion I just like Honda over all others.

Also it is warm down here in AL. where I am. Don't very cold here at all. I don't think 30 degrees is all that cold considering its below freezing in all the northern states this time of year. But yes back of subject. And actually a nice John Deere with AC Heat, am fm, radio cd player cruise control blinkers and somthing thats legal on roads, I would rather drive, real big and 3 tires on each axle, better known as a 9400 triple tire. or some are on tracks.

Last edited by John Deere; 01-03-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #39
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Well big guy considering my dad use to work for Polairs and now works for Honda yeah I would say I have drivien a few in my day. I use to go all over the place with him when he had to go and show 4-wheelers, motor cycles, snowmobiles, and all that other stuff for the comapny and often got to drive other peoples new things. Such as yamaha, suzike. So yeah that is a opinion I just like Honda over all others.
Sounds like your all talk.

When DLE88 was asking if you have "driven all the other makes" I am pretty sure he was refering to actually riding it offroad and not just doing circles in the parking lots of the shows.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

They where trails not actually offroading though. You may think I am all talk, but heck I don't care I got nothing to prove. Gotta a nice farm here and lots of mudding, and a Honda so whatever. back on track though so my @$$ aint banned from here to for Chit Chatting. For another Month.