Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Buy a new bike from a dead company?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpy88 View Post
and since buell are the best cornering bike ever
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Other than the fact its a V-twin, the motors are different, Counterbalanced Balanced and blueprinted, Shorter stroke Higher RPM engines, MUCH MUCH smoother than a harley.

I wouldn't start in on Harley's quality. Dont start that crap with me. Harley has come a LONG way in the past 10 years on quality. My 02 Road king with 39000 miles has not leaked a drop of oil, Not used a drop of oil, Not lost a bolt to vibration. They are quality machines.

If you've ever had the experience of riding a metric cruiser and then jump on a harley, You would understand why Harley's are what they are.

I've rode metric cruisers for 10 years and When I switched to a Harley, There was a night and day quality difference. Fit, finish, motor, Driveability. and overall quality.

My Road King would out ride, out corner, out perform my Yamaha Road Star any day. And quality?? No comparison, You put harley chrome up next to yamaha chrome and tell me there's no diff. HA!

Oh well, Nuff of my rant!
I'm with you man. I've ridden a few...and still have a jap bike, but nothing compares to my Harley. I have a 76 shovelhead and have had for over 10 years, and it was my father's bike for 10 years before I got it and its NEVER had anything fall off or "snap in half" due to vibration. LOL....people talking shit about Harley's yet havn't put any miles on one are very entertaining.
Besides....lets park a jap cruiser in front of the bar next to a harley cruiser and see which one solicits more rides from the women. I think we all know the answer to that one.

Anyway man, I'd buy the Buell...they are cool bikes and we all know that even if a bike isn't manufactured anymore you will still be able to get parts for it for decades to come.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Just do yourself a favor like I did and get the most fun bike to ride ever!!!!

wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

being an owner of a buell "xb12r" and riding plenty of jap bikes .. . ill take a buell any day . . and i would have to agree that they are one of the best handling bike on the market . . it was designed to race plane and simple. .

my roommate has a r1 and it is fun to ride but my xb12r is def more fun . .having enough torque to pull the wheel up from 1k with no use of the clutch will make your day

and btw smoking an r1 till about 100 mph is pretty bad ass to!

mine is tuned with race ecu and race pipe, k&n filter . .

it does the job
WheelinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Other than the fact its a V-twin, the motors are different, Counterbalanced Balanced and blueprinted, Shorter stroke Higher RPM engines, MUCH MUCH smoother than a harley.

I wouldn't start in on Harley's quality. Dont start that crap with me. Harley has come a LONG way in the past 10 years on quality. My 02 Road king with 39000 miles has not leaked a drop of oil, Not used a drop of oil, Not lost a bolt to vibration. They are quality machines.

If you've ever had the experience of riding a metric cruiser and then jump on a harley, You would understand why Harley's are what they are.

I've rode metric cruisers for 10 years and When I switched to a Harley, There was a night and day quality difference. Fit, finish, motor, Driveability. and overall quality.

My Road King would out ride, out corner, out perform my Yamaha Road Star any day. And quality?? No comparison, You put harley chrome up next to yamaha chrome and tell me there's no diff. HA!

Oh well, Nuff of my rant!
My 05 Electra Glide classic is pushing 40,000 miles also. Heck I put on 4,000 this summer. doesn't smoke and is dry as a bone under it and have yet to find anything cracked,broken or falling off.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

the amf years were bad, but when harley got away from amf ownership things improved vastly in production, me i will always like 45* vtwin pushrod, aircooled engines..some say antiquated..i say old schoolcool
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Went to the local Harley dealer to see if they had any Buells left.Talked with a salesman and he said that within 1 1/2 hrs after the anouncement all 6 Buells were gone.He said that Harley had a total of $6k in rebates so thats why they went so fast.DAMN!
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm View Post
Just do yourself a favor like I did and get the most fun bike to ride ever!!!!

Wooooo.....good choice. I almost got one of those. For three years I was looking at what my next bike was gonna be. Nothing worked for me. Then that Super Duke came out and I wanted it. I demo'ed it at the dealer. I rode a friend's. I was sold. But I waited another year of thinking and hemming and hawing. All the while my '02 ZRX1200 was getting older and more tired. Then this summer I was ready to go with either the Super Duke or the BMW R1200R when BAM! I spot this...

I somehow completely missed that Ducati released an 1100 Monster back in January. I bought it last month and am loving it!
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #29
RCC Addict

i don't know about Buells as a street bike, but their drivelines seem to be a popular chioce for choppers. i am assuming it's because they seem somewhat plentiful in motorcycle salvage yards from guys buying a bike that was more than they could handle and wraping it around something....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

how the hell did this thread get rated 5 stars
limpy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpy88 View Post
how the hell did this thread get rated 5 stars
Because it's about motorbikes....!!!

BTW - Did you decide to grab up one of those Ulysseses for cheap?
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

waiting to hear if local dealership will get 2010's in. the 2010 have over $1000 of installed upgrades on them over the 09's and the want 7700 for them. the guy said its almost like a lottery to get them, plus the 2010's have my favorite bike color. yellow
limpy88 is offline   Reply With Quote