Notices

Thread: Work areas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2019, 06:32 AM   #441
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Work areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpSonoma View Post
20 years in this hobby and counting, at least I keep it organized. And yes, I am an HPI fan.

What all do you use the little arbor press for? I've thought about getting one for stuff like die punching, and press braking thin sheet.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #442
I wanna be Dave

I have zero room to make a proprietary "work space" in my tiny one-bedroom apartment so I just work on my rigs on top of my computer desk - but I did make a little paint booth yesterday:
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpSonoma View Post
20 years in this hobby and counting, at least I keep it organized. And yes, I am an HPI fan.
In your workshop the 5 second rule has to be 15 seconds - at least! Sweet shop.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:44 AM   #444
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmudder View Post
What all do you use the little arbor press for? I've thought about getting one for stuff like die punching, and press braking thin sheet.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
I use it for mostly my 1/5th scale car, the umbrella seals in the shocks, some bearings are really tight in the hubs. It doesn't get used a ton but its one of those tools I'm glad I have when I do need it.
JpSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #445
Rock Crawler

Absolutely beautiful, meticulously setup, clean and organized just like all your builds. I've tried to teach my boys that you need to have a clean, organized work area to do good work.
Awesome setup, I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
Finally spent some time cleaning and organizing my "Man Cave".

ManCave_10

ManCave_09

ManCave_07

ManCave_01

ManCave_08

ManCave_06

ManCave_03

ManCave_05

ManCave_04

ManCave_02
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #446
I wanna be Dave

Thank you Trugg.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #447
RCC Addict

Ive been needin to get me a place to tinker. Finally got tired of sittin in the floor lol. So i went to lowes n got a 4' countertop n (4) 8' 2x4s n a 3'x 16" board. Made the frame the same size as the countertop n the legs are 3'. Also utilized a old entertainment center for containers, boxes of parts, n my trucks. I think it turned out pretty well for $127 worth of material n a few extras i picked up lol, n a free ent center. I countersunk the screws in the countertop. Now to get myself a stool, a good light n get my power strip mounted to the table.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #448
I wanna be Dave

My pics went missing from my earlier post in this thread so here is a very recent pic of my bench.

Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 PM   #449
Rock Crawler

Well it's back to ground zero again. Just recently moved. The final place to call home. After settling down evenly ill start working on my hobby room. Still figuring out the layout of things between the rc and bike stuff. Most likely be a winter project to do. Least it's something for now.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:48 PM   #450
RCC Addict

Good Lord that has the potential to be a hobbyist's dream-shop... even room to have an indoor carpet or drift track if things ever got really crazy lol. Congratulations on the new digs. Looks like a nice place.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:26 AM   #451
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Well it's back to ground zero again. Just recently moved.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
That's a great looking space and a nice start! Looks like plenty of room to organize and expand!

I need to get some new pics of my tiny truck work area. It's changed since the last time I've posted on here. First though, it needs a good cleaning!!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:26 AM   #452
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
That's a great looking space and a nice start! Looks like plenty of room to organize and expand!

I need to get some new pics of my tiny truck work area. It's changed since the last time I've posted on here. First though, it needs a good cleaning!!
Definitely has potential. Just got to figure out a good layout. I don't like where the shelfs are right now. It makes it hard to get the bikes out. Probably arrange it a bunch once I get the rest of the walls up to make the best space possible. Like I said most likely be a project for winter. I'm currently overwhelmed at work, family stuff, trying to get stuff ready for the hot tub coming soon. Excited to get my room done, just trying to put 2 hobbies into 1 space. Maybe I need two rooms lol.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:33 AM   #453
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Definitely has potential. Just got to figure out a good layout. I don't like where the shelfs are right now. It makes it hard to get the bikes out. Probably arrange it a bunch once I get the rest of the walls up to make the best space possible. Like I said most likely be a project for winter. I'm currently overwhelmed at work, family stuff, trying to get stuff ready for the hot tub coming soon. Excited to get my room done, just trying to put 2 hobbies into 1 space. Maybe I need two rooms lol.
I can appreciate the challenge. My work space is in the basement and is one open space. It can get cluttered at times. I also keep a handful of bikes, a slot car track, laundry, camping gear and random storage down there. Over time all these things have had an expanding presence. Low profile wall hangers for the RC’s can free up a fair bit of space. I find bikes are much less easy to tuck away. Seems I a more constantly moving them around
smog is offline   Reply With Quote