Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: AARRGGGHHHH Paypal/Ebay RANT I WIN!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Default AARRGGGHHHH Paypal/Ebay RANT I WIN!

I am FUMING right now and I need to vent this out...

2 weeks ago I listed this Hi-lift jack on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT

I decided to part with it now that the Pro-line ones are out. I started the auction at 5$ with 6$ shipping. By the time it ended it went for 55$ I was extremely excited as I could really use the cash to get some more 1.55s and some other goodies I have been wanting to get. Its becoming harder and harder to juggle bother the 1:1 and the RC hobby so a few things I have decided to sell.

The buyer sent the money on Monday, I contacted them and thank them for the quick payment and told them it would be ship ASAP. I mailed it Thursday, priority mail, and I thought all was good. That was until I see I have question on another Hi-lift jack I am selling... and its from her saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4081joann
How can you live with yourself and sleep at night. I just received your "hi lift scale rock crawler." I paid $61.00 total for this and you are a crook. I was buying it for my husband and I thought it was an actual hi lift jack. this is a scam. I want my money back. I do not believe the information at the bottom of this advertisement was even included in the one I looked at. This item is not worth even two cents. This is a scam.
Im like WTF I check my email now and PAYPAL TOOK THE MONEY Until the issue gets resolved!! WTF!! SO I respond that I am NOT giving her back her money to pay pal and I choose to escalate the claim and I explain my side to pay pal. NOW I have to WAIT A MONTH for them to decide who is at fault!! All because this person didnt real the auction I could help my self and sent this email to her:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser
I am just trying to figure this out, did you read the auction? Did you take notice to the category it was listed under? Which by the way was TOYS and HOBBIES. Did you also notice that the jack was on a mat with HUGE lettering and that it was resting against a box of thread lock? I guess we will have to see what pay pal has to say... Your accusations were uncalled for and are not appreciated.

-Mike
She then writes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retardedwomenwhothoughtshewasbuyingarealhiliftjack
I am also trying to figure this out. I got caught up in the "auction" and did not see the accompanying paragraph that I noticed on your new auction that I just looked up. I looked up hi lift jacks to see how I could have gone so wrong. There was your auction item again, only this time the starting price was $5.00 not $25.00 as the previous one was. (I think that if the starting price was listed at $5.00 when I first did this I would not have believed that this was the real deal) This new auction item is not sitting next to any box as I can now see was in the previous picture. It is even now more misleading as far as I can say., except for the $5.00 starting bid. I do not know what a box of thread lock is. To me that box could have been as big as the real jack I was hoping to buy. and the lettering that I now see clearly could have been big also, perhaps it was sitting on a great big mat with big lettering.. This to me is very confusing. I was only trying to buy my husband a jack as he really wanted one. I think it rather strange that at the exact moment I started bidding someone else started "jacking" up the price. They must not have known what was going on either as they thought they were bidding on the real "jack". I have purchased quite a few things on ebay lately so I wasn't sure what the box contained.. If I had realized it was the "jack" I suppose I could have refused the box and sent it back. I really do not know as I have never run into this problem with eBay in all of the times I have ordered as things have always been as I thought they were supposed to be. As far as the Toys and Hobbies categories you are listed under I see that Trucks were listed and that could be a hobby as I know lots of men whose hobbies are trucks. That doesn't mean to me that they are toy trucks. I do think that the auction could be deceptive, even if you didn't mean it to be, so buyer beware.

I saw that the fuel source is Electric. How in the world could that tiny little piece of junk run on electricity? It would be interesting to know just who very carefully makes these little things.. I try to live a good life and not make waves, but I feel I have been duped, maybe not on purpose. A lesson learned. I do not appreciate "my toy" either. Perhaps I can hang it on the Christmas tree to remind me of stupid auction tricks.

Jo Ann
Once again she is trying to blame because she didnt read the auction so I wrote back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser
Actually the auction of the original Jack was 5$ NOT 25$ as you are stating. The Jack was listed under TOYS and Hobbies This is the EXACT category it was under:
As you can see it says TOYS and Hobbies then it says RADIO CONTROL and then Radio Control parts and accessories and then trucks...So it is once again not my fault that you misunderstood the meaning of the word HOBBY or that you dont know what thread lock is either... Another flag that should have went up is like you said, the source "electric" is because it is meant for an ELECTRIC radio control truck model. Another thing is, how many Hi-Lift Jacks do you know are scratch built? I am into 1:1 vehicles, I have an 86 4runner and I have a hi-lift jack that I purchased from 4Wheelparts. Another thing is, how did you expect a full size jack to be shipped for 6$ and to be shipped through the PO ?? A real jack is rather large and would certainly have to go UPS or fed ex.

I find it funny how you say you are trying to live a good life yet you didnt even contact me to resolve this issue, you went right to pay pal which took the money right out of my account...really appreciate that. Them you have the nerve to call me a crook on my other auction...if I am a crook then why is that I have a 100% feedback? You think I earned that by scamming people? Although I am sure you will not be my 1st negative feedback even though this is not at all my fault.

I never had anyone run the auction up, these jacks are scratch built by various modelers and hold a high value in the market. here is a jack here: http://scaleoffroad.com/pageID_4424726.html that is made by a company that sells for 55$ As you can see these are made to look very realistic and that is why people need to pay better attention to the entire auction description.

Well I guess we will see what pay pal decides, I am sure youll end up with your money back and ill be out my jack/money considering that pay pal seems to bow to the buyer and has no respect for its sellers...

-Mike

Is this unbelievable or what!?!?! I love how paypal just takes the money back right away, no questions asked AND even after this all get settles, I am sure she will RUIN my 100% feedback and leave me a negative YET I as a seller cant leave a buyer a negative for being and IDIOT.

I am so frustrated right now...on top of all this, the TOOL who bought my sand rail DIDNT PAY FOR IT, WONT ANSWER EMAILS and I had to file a dispute with ebay to see if I can get my final auction value back

DO PEOPLE READ ANYMORE NOW A DAYS!??
END RANT
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

LOL

what a moron. $55 for a real highlift?

that would be like someone buying a scaler and wanting their $400 back because its not a real car...

i really hope that paypal gives your money back, and makes her pay for being a dumbass
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
No idea what I'm doing

I have to agree with her.......

It would be interesting to know just who very carefully makes these little things..

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Official Scale Nazi

Haha I wonder how many times this happens. I get crappy comments on my YouTube all the time that are guys pissed off because half way through the video they realize they're watching toys.

Hope paypal goes your way Mike.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
LOL

what a moron. $55 for a real highlift?

that would be like someone buying a scaler and wanting their $400 back because its not a real car...

i really hope that paypal gives your money back, and makes her pay for being a dumbass
I bet if I put my scaleoffroad XJ on ebay I could guarantee someone would think they are buying a real one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
Haha I wonder how many times this happens. I get crappy comments on my YouTube all the time that are guys pissed off because half way through the video they realize they're watching toys.

Hope paypal goes your way Mike.
I love how she is mad at me because she didnt read the auction...I cant believe people get upset over the you tube videos...she is probably one of them
Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
On the lookout for Rocks

I had an auction some years ago that I purchased and item and never received it. The seller wouldn't respond to my emails, either. I filed a PayPal dispute and escalated it as normal. PayPal said that they couldn't do anything b/c the seller didn't have any money in their account. The seller canceled their eBay acct shortly after the auction ended.

I also sold something to someone on eBay and they never received the item. I didn't get a Delivery Conf # or anything on it...dumb on my part. I just knew that I sent it via Priority Mail. The buyer filed a complaint and escalated it. I knew that I sent it and he was just trying to scam me. Having been on the other end of this type of thing before, I deposited all my PayPal balance into my Bank Account so that it would be a $0.00 balance and they couldn't take it from me. After everything was said any done, PayPal took the money from me some how, I had like a -$95.00 balance. I don't know why they couldn't do that for me when I was the buyer.

These are the only 2 problems that I have had with eBay/PayPal, but they hit me for around $360.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
RCC Addict

i think i might have a model of a bridge this lady would want to buy.

maybe even get my neice to sell her doll house, the lady might think its a forclosure home
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

no people dont read!

people ask me "how much is this?" with the price tag staring at
them in the face!!

"i got all caught up in the auction."
wow! she must not have much of a life.
or to proud to admit she @%$!# up.

thats why i dont sell on ebait to much any more.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

When I saw you'd sold that for $55, my first thought was "wonder if he thinks it's a real Hi-Lift"

I know my next auction will sayTHIS IS A MODEL except bigger. Maybe flashing.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
Sinking with the ship

Here is her latest response... apparently its my fault ebay groups the toy jacks with real ones and its apparently OK for her to bad mouth me to pay pal, tell me I am a crook but when I tell her to enjoy the toy I'm an asshole??

Quote:
When I first saw the auction it was $25.00 if I am remembering correctly. but I am getting older so I could possibly be wrong, but I do not believe I was. I did not look for this item under Toys and Hobbies. I looked for it under "hi lift jacks" hence the problem. I thought maybe the jack was powered by electricity and someone built it from scratch. What do I know. I am a woman who has never used a jack of any kind. I thought you had to hook it up to electricity. Maybe this has been a huge misunderstanding. I did not realize I could contact you either as I have never had this happen before. It was only after I contacted pay pal that I saw that I could contact you and then I did. I do not know how pay pal works and I didn't realize that they immediately took the money away from you until now. I felt tricked as I was certainly not expecting this little tiny thing. I am sorry for all of these misunderstandings, but in the future I think it would be good of you to highlight the fact that this thing is a little tiny model for women like me who do not know any better. I loved the way you told me to enjoy my toy, or words to that effect when I did contact you.
Jo Ann
I am planning my reply now...feel free to post up if you guys think of something good I can say
Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #11
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
When I saw you'd sold that for $55, my first thought was "wonder if he thinks it's a real Hi-Lift"

I know my next auction will sayTHIS IS A MODEL except bigger. Maybe flashing.

I revised my other auction for all the special people on the internet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
...I thought maybe the jack was powered by electricity and someone built it from scratch. What do I know. I am a woman who has never used a jack of any kind...
ohhhh i see where the problem is,
she has a vagina and therefore is completly ignorant at how a jack works or how they're made. she does have a point, she wouldnt even know the time if it werent for the clock on the oven timer.

i swear for somone so dumb, to be married she better be hot, otherwise she has no chance against the rest of the world

Last edited by NeXt559; 11-03-2009 at 12:19 PM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Dam that sucks. Hopefully paypal returns your money. I doubt that ebay will fix any negative feedback.

A family member of mine had a dispute that was similar to yours concerning some shoes and a dispute over shoe size, paypal sided with her, the seller, and she got her money back. The buyer left negative feedback, which ruined a 100% feedback of over a 1000 sales. Ebay said that because the transaction was so small they didn't feel that the one negative feedback warranted an investigation for correction. Ebay also informed her that Paypal's decision to side with her is they're own companies findings and have no bearing on a feedback dispute.

This was like 5 years ago, I know that both ebay and paypal have made many changes to their policies. Unfortunately, most of the changes that I've read through only lowers ebay's and paypal's liability in disputes. Even though they claim it's for the buyer's and seller's protection... bull $h!t.

That just sucks. To bad a dum ass had to buy your awesome scale jack.
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
no people dont read!
These days I'm convinced that a large portion of our population actually cannot read. It's not that they "don't", they actually lack the ability to in the first place. I see evidence of it practically on the daily.

The stupid beeatch could have just driven to her local Tractor Supply and picked up a real Hi-Lift jack for only 25 bucks more than she spent on the auction, and brought it home that day. What kind of dumb-ass A) shops for something that big and heavy on-line, and B) then thinks she's getting something that's 5 feet long and weighs 40 or 50 pounds shipped for only 6 bucks??

She would have actually saved money going to Tractor Supply, since she would have undoubtedly seen the imitation jack they carry for $45 and gotten it instead.

But then her husband may have put his foot in her ass for buying a cheap imitation and made her return it. Then she'd be in the hole.

I hope you at least get the jack back dude, Good Luck!

Last edited by Big Mike; 11-03-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Here is her latest response... apparently its my fault ebay groups the toy jacks with real ones and its apparently OK for her to bad mouth me to pay pal, tell me I am a crook but when I tell her to enjoy the toy I'm an asshole??

I am planning my reply now...feel free to post up if you guys think of something good I can say

If I were you I wouldn't even reply to her. I'd wright to paypal and tell them that she just admitted to being wrong and having not read the entire ad. Case done give me my money back.

Or if you continue to write to her you should just be a perfect gentlemen, be nice and understanding of her mistakes, and continue collecting statements of her admitting to be wrong.
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Stupid bitch.

BTW....You should have no further direct contact with her. All your responses are being sent to PayPal by her. Anything you say WILL be used against you. She's a dumbass and once the issue is resolved one way or the other you can flame her out of existence.
robmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

If she has never used a jack of any kind how does she know it isn't a real high lift? :-P

I would consider putting a quarter in the pictures from now on for size reference, but then you'll have to put a note in the description that the "giant quarter is not included" Some people's stupidity amazes me.

I hate dealing with Paypal and Ebay. I get my paypal balance down to zero as qickly as possible just for this reason.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #18
Sinking with the ship

I took a screen shot of her last email, and I am uploading it to pay pal
Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Tell her dumbass to look at the bid history. Its shows that it started at $5!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
Who's your Daddy-0!

This is why I don't have a Ebay account any more! Man I'm sorry to hear this! She is a dumb ass! PayPal will give her the money and you will get a - feedback. They alway side with the buyer now for any reason! It's BS!!!! The real messed up part is they won't make her send back the HiLift! They will give her the $ and she will keep the lift!

It is clearly her fault for not reading and not knowing what she was even looking for! I really hope it works out for you but with Ebay I have no faith! Ebay is great if you want to sell a McNegget, but if you want to sell anything else your screwed!!!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote