Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: On the way home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Default On the way home

This guy come flying past me and cuts me off trying to beat me to the off ramp. Riced out Cavalier with dual fart cans and USRICER on the plates. So in my own half pissed half stupid way decided to give the guy a little run for his money.

I drive a 96 ford probe 2.0l 5 speed with studded tires, my daily driver 35mpg with 127k and 0 performance mods

I spanked the holey hell out of him, and he was trying He's one of those Kids that have to go everywhere ful throttle, he wasn't the brightest candle for sure he was so into trying to beat me that even after I hit the brakes to slow for traffic he was balls to the wall, and had top lock up all 4 to stop before rear ending the car infront of him.

I'm not the type to advocate street racing but sometimes a little road rage over... I am glad he didn't hit the other car but it was sad and funny at the same time...
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I usually wait till the onramp on the way home, 1/8 mile inclined curve that makes a 90* turn onto the freeway. They have horrible r/t's for someone that races to every light. Dunno why they're affrain of the on ramp but can usually hit 70 half way up it.

DD a 86 cavalier wagon that was submerged by the prev owner. Gutted it and rhino lined the floor to prevent mold, replaced wiring and dropped a grand rebuilding the 2.0 ohv...500 on new struts and drop springs, 300 for some 16" steelies and dunlop sp's. In the 120hp range with 30mpg
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Extreme racing machine....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
06 Super National Champ

Maybe it's the exhaust on the Jeep, but I get people wanting to race the freakin' Jeep!

I was in town the other day, dude in a truck with a load of friends is next to me revving the engine and crap. He had to put it in neutral to do so.

I ignored it. The light changed, he gets on the truck (loud as crap) and drives to the next (red) stop light.

We're next to each other again. He goes into neutral again, gets on the gas.

So I figured, "Fawk it. Game on."

Held the brakes, gave it a little throttle, the light changed, I released the brake and matted the throttle.

The 37s turned.

I let off when it shifted into 3rd and looked to my right waiting for him to come next to me.

The dude looked embarassed. He gave me a half smile, a wave, and a nod. The group of people in the truck with him were laughing.

He didn't want to play at the next light. I even pointed to the light to see if he wanted to go again.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #5

Oh good grief! Rice burners with fart cans are just plain ridiculous! And that huge wing to boot!

SOMEBODY please tell this kid his car looks and sounds like a POS! PLEASE!!

Gotta love Jeeps though! My ID speaks for itself. Love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. I plan to drive it til it drops.

Funnies thing though, hubby got himself the Magnum with the hemi. He was annoyed that my Jeep sounded better than his Magnum, so he put the cold air intake on his Magnum to make it sound tougher. Of course the Magnum would beat my Jeep any day of the week and twice on Sundays....but its still funny that the Jeep sounded better stock than the Magnum stock. *heh heh heh*
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Suck it up!

Back when I had my DSM I used to get tons of ricers wanting to play.

I pulled up to a stoplight to find some late model Ford sedan and a VW revving on each other. That was pretty damn funny.

I had a slammed, winged, body kitted, full car decaled Hyundai pass me on the freeway, slow down, get up next to me, and rev (at 75 mph!).

Another knucklehead in a Honda was desperately trying to get me to race him at a light. I kept refusing. He kept revving. Light turned green and when he went to show me whats up, he stalled it.

A black F150 came up alongside me one night trying to get me to run. Bad on my part, cause as soon as I made my move, his supercharger was screaming in my ear. Got nailed by a debadged Lightning. :-(

I revved on a Lambo at a stoplight once. I lost.

Late one night I was on my way home and had a couple drunk guys pull up in a LeMans waving thier beercans around and wanting to race. They didn't know there was a motorcycle cop behind them watching very closely to what they were doing. They revved, I revved, light turned green and I let them go. They were all excited till the cop turned his lights on.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I raced a guy once. My 4cyl Jeep stomped him and his Huffy.....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Good thing you weren't racing against me. I would have blown you out of the water with my civic:

Name:  ricer_1.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  45.0 KB

Do not judge me, the wing's aero advantage rules!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Maybe it's the exhaust on the Jeep, but I get people wanting to race the freakin' Jeep!

I was in town the other day, dude in a truck with a load of friends is next to me revving the engine and crap. He had to put it in neutral to do so.

I ignored it. The light changed, he gets on the truck (loud as crap) and drives to the next (red) stop light.

We're next to each other again. He goes into neutral again, gets on the gas.

So I figured, "Fawk it. Game on."

Held the brakes, gave it a little throttle, the light changed, I released the brake and matted the throttle.

The 37s turned.

I let off when it shifted into 3rd and looked to my right waiting for him to come next to me.

The dude looked embarassed. He gave me a half smile, a wave, and a nod. The group of people in the truck with him were laughing.

He didn't want to play at the next light. I even pointed to the light to see if he wanted to go again.
That's funny right there...I know how you feel though..I put header and flowmaster exaust on my straight 6 Cherokee,then everyone wanted to race or jack with me..4.0 will get their asses everytime!!
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #10

ecoli....please tell me that pic is a photo shop job!!! LOL! its just wrong on too many levels.
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
That's funny right there...I know how you feel though..I put header and flowmaster exaust on my straight 6 Cherokee,then everyone wanted to race or jack with me..4.0 will get their asses everytime!!
The LT1 gets the job done.

When I had the Willys I had a Camaro want to race me. We were on the way to a luncheon and one of my soldiers was in the passenger's seat.

The Camaro revved his engine, Spc. Lamb looked over (and down) at the car, looked back at me and said "You ain't gonna let him get away with that, are you?"

When the light changed I turned the 33s. The shift from first to second turned them and pulled the front. When it shifted from 2nd to 3rd I let off.

Lamb loved it. After I let off he's turned around looking for the guy...about 5 car lengths back.

Funny thing is that when I had the '68 GTX nobody would fawk with me at lights.

Maybe it was the 440 badges and the lumpy idle.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I have kids rev on me all the time in my 89 Si Hatchback.

A ported/polished head, good ignition/exhaust, proper tuning and a limited slip differential will beat a fart can and a wing any day...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03libertysport View Post
ecoli....please tell me that pic is a photo shop job!!! LOL! its just wrong on too many levels.
Don't be hatin' on my sweet ride
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Ive been in the car with my dad in our 72 c10 with a lumpy idle and i love the look on peoples faces when they find out it actually has got some balls under the hood. We've put some ricers to shame on easy takeoffs.
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #15
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47willysbuggy View Post
Ive been in the car with my dad in our 72 c10 with a lumpy idle and i love the look on peoples faces when they find out it actually has got some balls under the hood. We've put some ricers to shame on easy takeoffs.
I had a 67 stepside long bed 4spd 3.73 gears, 31" tires and a 327 out of a 65 corvette, I made a couple Ricers into pudding!
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

USRICER what a joke lol He should have bought one of those cool Neons with turbo...dork

After my Ram was totaled I wanted to spend 5k on a commuter to last me a while. Found a super clean '93 Acura Legend 2 door. Never thought I would get guys wanting to race me but it happens a lot. I usually just play it chill and let them make a bunch of noise alone. A few times I have gave in though, with 230 hp stock she has surprised a few. Best one yet was an '88 5.0 by my work, he had too much muscle for the old Acura but it was fun and I stayed closer than I thought I would...felt like I was in high school again lol.
yarddog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddog35 View Post
USRICER what a joke lol He should have bought one of those cool Neons with turbo...dork

After my Ram was totaled I wanted to spend 5k on a commuter to last me a while. Found a super clean '93 Acura Legend 2 door. Never thought I would get guys wanting to race me but it happens a lot. I usually just play it chill and let them make a bunch of noise alone. A few times I have gave in though, with 230 hp stock she has surprised a few. Best one yet was an '88 5.0 by my work, he had too much muscle for the old Acura but it was fun and I stayed closer than I thought I would...felt like I was in high school again lol.
I was in my friends BMW and some mercades started revving at a light, my friends crazy as hell and put it to the floor, we beat it off the line before the light turned green but it flew by and to my surprise, i heard a supercharger screaming in my ear. It made for a good laugh.
47willysbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

i get hondas and acuras revving me all the time in my Jetta. ive never really taken anyone up on the offer though.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

My friends got a mustang, I think its and 89 or something but its got like 1200Hp and runs on jet fuel. He sometimes drives it in his neighborhood. He always revs on people but hes never got to race them. (by the way, its an 8 sec Drag car)

O and that wing on that civic is retarded.
Tyler Kadlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Kadlec View Post
My friends got a mustang, I think its and 89 or something but its got like 1200Hp and runs on jet fuel.
Jet fuel or AV gas?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote