Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My first present

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My first present

well tonight we had a party on my stepdad's side of the family and i got my first, well actually second, present. my first was a helmet for snowmobiling.

i got one of those newbright H2 and its got a **** load of power, and i was driving with an uncharged battery. Its only 2wd which is a problem. Its also got a diff in the rear and indi front suspension. Ive already found 2 mods to make. take a pring out of one shock in each corner cause when you go to lift one wheel it teeter totters instead of flexing. and the other mod was is to lock the diff.

on to the pics.

tires compared to maxx size swamp dawg

and yes that is a 1:1 scale cat!
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i forgot a pic.

has pretty low COG for being a hard body and setting up so high.

o yeah are the 1:6 nylints 19.2volts?
Old 12-24-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ROFLMAO at the 1:1 cat comment.
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

cant believe your cat gets that close to the truck.... my cats tend to walk around my trucks with ample distance, They dont like the humm of the motor/speedo/servo Nice looking truck if anything itd make a good donor body when you strip the *** out of it!!!
Grape Ape !!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

actually i plan on leaving it stock, except for the shock thing. ive already removed 1 shock in each corner, and i cant beleive how stiff the front shocks are. LOL well the black cat we've had for maybe 4 months now and he doent know know what these trucks can do. i only got to drive it for a few minutes before diciding to charge the batt. but i normally drive 'em outside and we havent let Pepper, thats the cats name, out that much yet cause apparently he likes to run away. thats how we equired him. he showed up at my grandparents one day and wouldnt leave. Any way the other 2 cats know exactly what these trucks do. LOL

o yeah Pepper is one of those cats that if the house were to cave in around him, he would really give a sh!t. But yet hes pretty smart. i can be at the computer and he can be in the other room and ill press the button on the laser and he'll come runing. he knows the laser is a toy.

Last edited by ILoveRCRockCrawlin; 12-24-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I hate H2's. What a waste of time and resources.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:51 PM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I not fond of 1:1 H2's but that RC is slick looking. Similar to the Nylint, keep it mostly stock and just pull it out for some instant fun.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:45 AM   #8
RCC Addict

You HAVE to check this out. i took the body off the same night i posted the first pics but it was around midnight and felt like going to bed.

Doesnt this look bad a$$?

thats without the body. i would run just like that if there wasnt any snow or water.

o yeah as you can see i also removed one shock in each corner. i couldnt beleive how stiff those front shocks are. 2 of them was too much but 1 works perfect. i still need to lock the diff, thats causing a lot of problems.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

i'll bet somebody puts that in their avatar by morning.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:00 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

In that second pic looks pretty cool , Do you think it is possible to make it 4wd ?
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodyRazorBackc5
In that second pic looks pretty cool , Do you think it is possible to make it 4wd ?
Yes i think it would be possible. It would take a lot of work, but yea probably. Theres a lot of room where you could take another rear axle and put it there. I dont really wanna screw around with it cause i think it would be nice to have a nearly stock vehicle to just screw around with.

Well tonight i locked the diff, LOL, didn't last to long. I think it came ulocked the first time it got into a position where it needed power. I guess ill have to use something other than hot glue. LOL. Well it did seem like it wanted to lock whenever it felt like it. A lot of time one of the wheels didnt give and made it past the pbstacle. And i think after it came unlocked it was using the glue to stiffen up the diff, cause it was still able to make it through obstacles it never was able to.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Default Added Chains!!!

Well after locking the diff and taking it out for its test run i realized it doesnt get enough traction. So... I added chains. i still have to wait another 3 hours for the battery to charge. before i can test it out.

Im also thinking of making a different battery for it since it takes 4 hours to charge. I was thinking of keeping the stock battery and battery holder but Y it off the current setup so i could use both the stock battery and a custom pack. I wouldnt run them at the same time tho, probably fry the electronics.

o yeah heres another present i got. Its me, a blimp.

sorry for this pic being so dark. my camera didnt want to take a lighter one.

i havent had it running yet because they forgot to include the double sided tape to attatch the fins that go on the back. So i gotta get to a store and buy some.

Last edited by ILoveRCRockCrawlin; 12-27-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #13