Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Hot Wheels collectors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
06 Super National Champ

Default Hot Wheels collectors

I know this is Johnny Lightning, but what do you guys think this is worth?

Mina and I found one Jeep CJ-5 and we were looking for another and I came across this.

Kenny is the only Hot Wheels collector I know, he thinks it might be worth $15-$20.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Built, not bought

I'll give you $5.00 shipped for it.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
I'll give you $5.00 shipped for it.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Hateraide

my step dads- dad collects hot wheels hes got two collections one for his other son and one is his hes got like a book, i dont talk to him but im sure you could find something online about them it would be interesting to know, i got some hotwheels from the 70's and 80's and i know there is a way of finding how much there worth
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code454 View Post
my step dads- dad collects hot wheels hes got two collections one for his other son and one is his hes got like a book, i dont talk to him but im sure you could find something online about them it would be interesting to know, i got some hotwheels from the 70's and 80's and i know there is a way of finding how much there worth
He's looking to see how much the mis-carded one is. The car on the right (Corvette?) is on a Jeep card.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
He's looking to see how much the mis-carded one is. The car on the right (Corvette?) is on a Jeep card.
The one in the middle is on the Jeep card. The one on the right is on the 'vette card.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Those are the standard versions of those releases, so you're looking at around $3 each for the cars. The mispackaged one might bring a few extra bucks from an error collector, but it's tough to say.

The White Lightning versions of either of those cars would bring $20-25 ea.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
The one in the middle is on the Jeep card. The one on the right is on the 'vette card.
My bad - I didn't even scroll over and see the Corvette on it's proper card.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
Those are the standard versions of those releases, so you're looking at around $3 each for the cars. The mispackaged one might bring a few extra bucks from an error collector, but it's tough to say.

X2.Probably no more than $5 each.Now if the cars were errors,ones that QC missed you could get more because there is more of a market for error cars that miscarded ones.Still a neat find though.I used to collect Hot Wheels but sold most of them a few years ago.Still have a few error cars.
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I emailed this question to my buddy who owns a hobby shop and specializes in hotwheels and other diecast and this was his response:

the jeep is still available at retail price so its about a 3.00 car same as the vette, add to it that its miscarded and its worth about 5.00. But its also only worth what someone is willing to give you for it. so the offer the guy got for 5.00 is pretty fair
weck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:

I think it depends on where you live. Around here a White Lightning will fetch $40-50. A Hot Wheel Treasure Hunt will bring $75 for a current year, up to $100+ for past!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Check back on here in 10-15 years..
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
A Hot Wheel Treasure Hunt will bring $75 for a current year, up to $100+ for past!
You know this from personal experience? I have about 2 dozen TH and Super TH all still on cards...I need to find one of these buyers willing to pay that much!
Pete from Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete from Houston View Post
You know this from personal experience? I have about 2 dozen TH and Super TH all still on cards...I need to find one of these buyers willing to pay that much!
Yep, I know first hand. I have every TH till 2004.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I think it depends on where you live. Around here a White Lightning will fetch $40-50. A Hot Wheel Treasure Hunt will bring $75 for a current year, up to $100+ for past!
No offense, but prove it for Treasure Hunts. I see the online prices for both all the time and agree that some White Lightnings can easily hit those prices. The ones for those two cars in the original post won't though.

Current year regular Treasure Hunts sell for about $5 ea. and most Super Treasure Hunts start at $30 (when they're BRAND new) and then most can be purchased later for around $10-15 ea. 1995 Treasure Hunts would be in the averages prices you listed though, and maybe a select few others.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Worth less than my chicken McNugget that's for sure.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #17
dnf

used to you could fetch a pretty penny.
some cars would be rare in some areas but not others.
with the internet,nothing is really rare.
but with the poor quality of some t.h. the ones that have perfect paint/cards are worth more to some collectors.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #18
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
No offense, but prove it for Treasure Hunts. I see the online prices for both all the time and agree that some White Lightnings can easily hit those prices. The ones for those two cars in the original post won't though.

Current year regular Treasure Hunts sell for about $5 ea. and most Super Treasure Hunts start at $30 (when they're BRAND new) and then most can be purchased later for around $10-15 ea. 1995 Treasure Hunts would be in the averages prices you listed though, and maybe a select few others.
The "Super Treasure Hunt" came along on 2007 after I stopped collecting. That was another reason I stopped. It was hard enough to get Treasure Hunts, now you have to get 24 instead of 12 and that was just more BS from HW. I was done when First Editions went to 100 cars.

The local prices for T-Hunts here are what I said. I will buy every T-Hunt you have at $5 each, PayPal ready!!!!!! I've seen a 95 set of T-Hunts sell for $2K here for the set of 12!

Tell me what you think Snake and Mongoose cars, tracks are worth? I have every Snake and Mongoose Hot Wheel ever made! And I've seen the prices at many conventions and bought several from conventions, net, local, ect....

The prices for Hot Wheels will vary from state to state. I've seen original Redlines NIP with button, say a Pink Stingray go for $500 up north and $1500 down here!

(Edit, And do you think with as much crap as I buy, sell and trade that I would BS you on a Hot Wheel price down here? Never daddy-0!)

Last edited by TattooKenny; 12-22-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
dnf

got this snake?
Attached Images

rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #20
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
got this snake?
That's not a "Snake" that is a Snake chassis. All "Snake and Mongoose" drag cars are labeled so on the body. Looks like a Real Rider with a Snake chassis but not one of his drag cars. Those two guys were my idols growing up watching drag racing! If it were not for them Hot Wheels wouldn't be where they are now. They were the first drag racers sponsored by a major company like Hot Wheels. I've never seen one of Snakes cars painted like that?

Last edited by TattooKenny; 12-22-2009 at 11:48 PM.