Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #21

My little Austrian buddy. Glock 33 with Pierce +1 extenders. Very nice CCW. It is the loudest handgun I have ever fired and usually turns heads at the range.

yodasands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Yoda, how do you like the .357 sig? I've thought about getting one. I don't care for the 9mm's, already had a 10mm, already got a .40, and carry the .45. I've heard a lot of great reviews on that cartridge.

-WRM

I just know noticed, we've got a Yoda and a Vader here in the PHX area...
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Ok, I see I'm in the minority on the site....

Gunless, tree hugging, granola eating hippie.

Frankly, I fear guns tremendously. But before you go hating on me, I believe in your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. I agree that guns don't kill people, people kill people, but there are still waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many out there.

I have a distinct aversion to guns because I teach in a school. Believe me, while I know that its statistically insignificant that I will ever get shot in a school, I know that some of our kids carry from time to time. They're also in middle school. Preach gun safety all you want, but there's little stopping a determined and angry child from quickly getting out of control.

I also come from gun stock. The Mrs. to be actually used to shoot competetively.
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by radishkid
Frankly, I fear guns tremendously. But before you go hating on me, I believe in your interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. I agree that guns don't kill people, people kill people, but there are still waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many out there.
I respect that. Thanks for not thinking we are nuts.

Well most of are not.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalo28
Here is the twin's or sisters as some call'em. the serial #'s are one off from each other A. UBERTIsrl 45cal. they are replicas but DAMN they shoot good I keep one loaded at ALL times. Never know whos gonna come through the front door....
BTW, very nice. Back when I was doing CAS, I had a pr. of nickle-plated Vacquero's in .45LC. I wish I would have never gotten rid of 'em. They shot MUCH better than the winchester '94 I brought to the same matches...
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #26

WR,
I love the .357 sig cartridge. It is one FAST round. The only problem I have is availability. It is not a round that you can pick up at Wallyworld. I usually just stop by AZ Tactical and pick up a few boxes at a time. Another nice thing about the model 33 is that you can drop a model 27 barrel in and shoot .40 cartridges without any other modification.

As far as the Vader/Yoda thing goes...the force has always been strong here in the valley.

Radishkid,
I like the saying, "An armed society is a polite society". Its too bad that the goverment has restricted the carry of weapons in so many places. I am a firm believer that 9-11 would not have happened had there been a few armed citizens on those planes. What red blooded American would have hesitated at the chance to grease a few terrorists. Same in schools. I have a son that is Kindergarten and I would not object to allowing some well trained teachers to carry. As terrible as it would be to shoot a child, I think it would be better to shoot one than allow something like Columbine to happen.

I think that the number of good people always out weighs the number of evil people in any situation. It is just that laws are only restrictive to the law abiding. If everyone was allowed to carry anywhere s**tbags would think twice before doing something. Even if you completely took guns out of the equation evil people would still find ways to bring harm to the rest of us.

Just my .02

Dan
yodasands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:07 PM   #27
RCC Addict

You can buy 50 cal action express rounds here at my wally world The only thing that they should carry that they dont is freaking 17 hmr rounds.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote