Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Psp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Psp

Anyone here have one? I am getting one with a 1 GB card soon and was wondering if there is anything cool you can do with them. I want to try to get an emultator (sp?) to run NES roms.
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

you can put music and movies on them, and browse the E-net
cvecmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i bought a psp about 3 months ago and i used it once literally and it has sat in my room since then it was the biggest waste of money i have even spent. so i dont recommend them.
XB_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB_BOY
i bought a psp about 3 months ago and i used it once literally and it has sat in my room since then it was the biggest waste of money i have even spent. so i dont recommend them.
I second that. if you want a console no matter what, get an xbox360. the psp is a waste.
Frakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

They're good if you just want to store stuff and listen to music, my freind has one and uses it every day.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I's gotta be good for killing time at work right?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
Im Brandon

Thats what I was doing today! I just got socom and its badass. Regarding the emulator... Only works if you get a version 1.5 or older, but once you try to play newer games (for example NFS 510) it requires you to update the PSP, which means the emulator will no longer work due to the enhanced security settings on the newer versions. There are ways to un-update back to version 1.5 but its a PITA. Just buy a couple games and load up a bunch of music/vids on the 1GB. I love mine btw...

Brandon
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The one I'm getting is the 1.5, So that means I won't be able to play some games???
Old 12-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I think it is funny how some people bad mouth the PSP because they can't hack it the way they want to and use it for stuff that it wasn't intended for. I hear talk about "Hey, I downloaded this hack for my PSP, and now it won't work. What a peice of crap!"
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I wan't a PSP but just can't afford one. I'll get one some how,some day.
OldSchoolCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I love my psp I play it way more than I should and also surf the net with it I also love the umd movies nothing like wasting time with it on the way to a comp. There is a new download from sony itsself that allows you to surf the net with out having to have the wipeout pure game.The coolest thing I have saw for a psp is the new alienware operating system for it super bad arse.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:37 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Can anyone recomend some good games???
Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Its funny how people only played with the PSP once and they say its crap. PSP is one of the best handheld systems out there. I am not a big gamer but I have 2 PSPs now. They are well worth the money. The PSP combines many electronics in one package. If you were to buy a quality media player, ipod photo, thumb drive, etc you would end up spending more than what the PSP costs.
rc4x4nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm
Can anyone recomend some good games???
I have socom and Need for speed 510. I recommend them both. And regarding your Q about being able to play games, they all work on all the PSP's until you start hacking them
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:12 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

I just got GTA and its awesome plus a 1gb stick i cant put the thing down. The only thing i worried about was the screen scratchin but i just bought those screen guards and i was ready to game it up.
ToyotaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I also love mine , I have 2 and 1 is "hacked" and 1 is for useing it for what it was intended for . I will be getting SoCom . Any trix I should know b4 I but it.
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I just got it in the mail today. It seems like it'll be a lot of fun. All I have for it now is Dawn of the Dead UMD.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm
I just got it in the mail today. It seems like it'll be a lot of fun. All I have for it now is Dawn of the Dead UMD.

Sup WRX

Don't listen to these guys that talk crap about something they know nothing about.

Although I don't play games, I bought 4 PSPs.2 for my sons and 2 for my Godsons about 1 mo before Christmas.

Its the greastest system ever. I got the 1 gig versions and am totally happy. They have over 50 music Videos, maybe 100 songs and tons and tons of pictures stored in their PSPs. They haven't touched their NANO Ipods in almost a month.

The vids are crystal clear, games images are decades ahead of anything by Nintendo and they make perfect memory sticks. Just yesterday I had to transfer maybe 28 music albums from my Windows Media player, maybe 1200 PICS and quite a few folders due to my Computer taking a dump.

BTW, they also sell quite a few movies for this thing. I have Ren and Stimpy, Family Guy season 1 and 2, The Incredibles,LOST season 1,24 season 1 and another 10 other movies I cant think of right now........Oh yeah, Napoleon Dynamite too.
SuperSancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSancho
Sup WRX

Don't listen to these guys that talk crap about something they know nothing about.

Although I don't play games, I bought 4 PSPs.2 for my sons and 2 for my Godsons about 1 mo before Christmas.

Its the greastest system ever. I got the 1 gig versions and am totally happy. They have over 50 music Videos, maybe 100 songs and tons and tons of pictures stored in their PSPs. They haven't touched their NANO Ipods in almost a month.

The vids are crystal clear, games images are decades ahead of anything by Nintendo and they make perfect memory sticks. Just yesterday I had to transfer maybe 28 music albums from my Windows Media player, maybe 1200 PICS and quite a few folders due to my Computer taking a dump.

BTW, they also sell quite a few movies for this thing. I have Ren and Stimpy, Family Guy season 1 and 2, The Incredibles,LOST season 1,24 season 1 and another 10 other movies I cant think of right now........Oh yeah, Napoleon Dynamite too.
AGGY!

Long time no see!

Why aren't you on CT?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote