Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: How about anyone fighting depression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Proper grammar is optional in depression stories..
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #162
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
i have a hard time thinking. for instance i had to stop here several times just to think of a word or to finish a sentence. sometimes i come back to what i typed and cant believe i wrote that.
At least you can use your meds as an excuse. Those conditions come naturally to me...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
my wrx is broken because i keep on spending most of my money on my hobbys because life just sucks but what else is new?
oh yeah i guess was trolling so yeah i am gonna stfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Your intro was a little shaky but you should fit right in here.
Hey, if you were just blowin off some steam, no worries. I put the sledge hammer up, and did some house cleaning from earlier. This is a good safe zone. I lot of great people are participating in this thread, a lot has been shared, a lot has been learned. I have read a lot of pain here Some of these things at times are so dark and painful, I cannot even fathom that sort of existence.

Sometimes I may seem a bit talkative, but I feel some ownership of this thread, as I think so many of us that have stuck with it should. I can get a little protective of things, as you have experienced.

Dude we are just a bag of mixed nuts! All lost on the same road. All stranded in an itty bitty life raft. So jump in the bag, fall in line, or hop in the boat.

Feel free to share, dump, whatever. Too many people in this thread have not had enough people listen to them, people have quit on them, or some dont care. So we are here to try to get through this crap together.

BTW: Yes, life does suck the big one!

So, tell me about your WRX. Got any pics? Ive always wanted one.
They were a little pricey a few years ago when I was looking for a car, so I went another direction.

First I wanted a 2003 Mustang Cobra in blue. Found out they got 13mpg and could not find any in any of the states within reasonable reach. Then it was the WRX STI. Wanted blue, but with the silver rims. Close to team colors, just not big on gold.

Last edited by entropy; 03-18-2011 at 11:53 PM.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
At least you can use your meds as an excuse. Those conditions come naturally to me...
Ah, yes. The meds are the greatest fall back!

Quote:
been awhile since i checked in the thread.everyone deals with this in thier own way but i think a common thing we share here is talking about what is bothering and the simple fact that sharing helps.

they recently changed my meds and im doing better but man i can tell ya this, i have a hard time thinking. for instance i had to stop here several times just to think of a word or to finish a sentence. sometimes i come back to what i typed and cant believe i wrote that. looks like i have the grammar skills of a ten year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Believe me, I know what you mean, on bad days i have trouble focusing and get confused pretty easy- it's kinda hard to kick-start the brain. But your post sounds fine to me.

Before they tweaked everything, and I leveled out more, it sucked. I would be talking about something, and even a tiny pause would a lot of times make me forget what I was talking about. It was frustrating, and at times sorta embarrassing and stressful. Felt like an idiot a few times. Of course I still do it sometimes, but thats just me

BTW: Good to hear from you guys!

Last edited by entropy; 03-18-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:02 AM   #165
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
ok guys, forgive me for about i am gona say. but i am ass and will be one. pull your heads out of your ass we all get depressed some a hole hell a lot more than others. depeanding on how the person deals with things or the situation of things. live in your hobby we have a hobby or hobbys to mentaly help us. the more the suck meter goes up the deeper you should go into your hobby and not care what anyone says for it is a form of therapy. unless your penney less. well then your boned wich realy sucks.
again please forgive my harshness..
Quote:
crawler me a river?
or crawler me some more.. or pick another hobby crawl longer or short corse or go chase down varmits with sleage hammer basicly go out and have intense long lasting fun.
You may be an ass, but I bet I am a bigger one You know the saying, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...If you start off by saying forgive me, then you should think that maybe you should not hit the submit reply button to start with.

As you said, depending on how a person deals with it and to get their head out of their ass..You can't say that, because you have no idea how people deal with it, as everyone acts different and has different stages of depression. Then to say if they have no cash, they are really screwed Boy, talk about a real doctor in the house here

You do know when 90 % of people do have depression, they do not even feel like leaving the house right? so kinda hard to tell them to just go crawl more or go chase varmints down. Having a hobby or something to do, is not a fix to the problem. But wait, you say it is, so it must be true.People handle things different always. Some tend to talk about things, some take meds, and some come and just spout off at the mouth i see

Telling your dr. and explaining to him the situation that you may have depression, is the first step...

Don't think I ever posted in this thread, until I seen your complete useless babble and the fact the posts were reported anyway

But mom and the wife had always told me that I had depression since my dad had died back in 2003. I brushed it off for the longest time and just became more of an asshole and turned more into my antisocial self. Beginning of 2010 and not having a job at the time, made feelings worse. So I wanted to sell off all my RC stuff and get out, cause i didn't give 2 shits anymore about it...I talked to the wife and realized, why would i do that, as I had been in this since the start and enjoyed crawling..So realized something was wrong..Talk to the doctor and got some meds...I'm still an asshole, but at least I'm a happy asshole now with social butterfly wings on

but seriously, if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread like this, other than telling people to get their head out of their asses. I suggest it would be better for you just to go back into your corner
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
You may be an ass, but I bet I am a bigger one You know the saying, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...If you start off by saying forgive me, then you should think that maybe you should not hit the submit reply button to start with.

As you said, depending on how a person deals with it and to get their head out of their ass..You can't say that, because you have no idea how people deal with it, as everyone acts different and has different stages of depression. Then to say if they have no cash, they are really screwed Boy, talk about a real doctor in the house here

You do know when 90 % of people do have depression, they do not even feel like leaving the house right? so kinda hard to tell them to just go crawl more or go chase varmints down. Having a hobby or something to do, is not a fix to the problem. But wait, you say it is, so it must be true.People handle things different always. Some tend to talk about things, some take meds, and some come and just spout off at the mouth i see

Telling your dr. and explaining to him the situation that you may have depression, is the first step...

Don't think I ever posted in this thread, until I seen your complete useless babble and the fact the posts were reported anyway

But mom and the wife had always told me that I had depression since my dad had died back in 2003. I brushed it off for the longest time and just became more of an asshole and turned more into my antisocial self. Beginning of 2010 and not having a job at the time, made feelings worse. So I wanted to sell off all my RC stuff and get out, cause i didn't give 2 shits anymore about it...I talked to the wife and realized, why would i do that, as I had been in this since the start and enjoyed crawling..So realized something was wrong..Talk to the doctor and got some meds...I'm still an asshole, but at least I'm a happy asshole now with social butterfly wings on

but seriously, if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread like this, other than telling people to get their head out of their asses. I suggest it would be better for you just to go back into your corner
Nicely said, In fact "Happy Asshole" would make an excellent screen name.
I have to say, myself dealing with depression for 35+ years, it's not easy to just "get over it" and get out of the house. But what you mentioned (which is very important) is what works for some may not work for others.
I'm kinda glad to see that some folks take the "risk" to vent a little about what's going on in their lives, and not get slammed. That's pretty important, and it's cool to see some reaching out a little bit just to let them know it's O.K. and to hang in there.
As for myself, when It gets a little too heavy at times, I'll go to one of the depression forums and vent. It's also a pretty good source of information on things like medication, different therapies, symptoms, etc.
A word of warning, however, these guys have all different forms of depression, and at different stages and intensity. So it can be a little, you know, "crazy"

Another thing that has always worked for me? Crawling. I'll go crawling and within 10 minutes I have a shit-eating grin a mile wide. I'm really glad I have something in my life that I can actually enjoy, because some days, it's the only thing I've got going.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

anyone stutter because of the meds ? thats a fun one too.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Quote:
anyone stutter because of the meds ? thats a fun one too.

Seroquel made me smack my lips, pick my nose, and my legs were feeling like ants were running all over from the knees down.

Mentioned it to the doc and he just said "yep."

Good times man.. Good times.

Last edited by djjiz; 03-19-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Auto-correction can suck my duck.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #169
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Seroquel made me smack my lips, pick my nose, and my legs were feeling like ants were running all over from the knees down.

Mentioned it to the doc and he just said "yep."

Good times man.. Good times.
Thats right, blame it on the drugs for picking your nose. Thats the first time Ive hear that one!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Thats right, blame it on the drugs for picking your nose. Thats the first time Ive hear that one!

LOL.. Ok.. Maybe it went from a hobby to a full contact competitive sport.

Doc thought my side effects were mild.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

picking your nose ? interesting , lol.

i get night sweats too, those are awesome. wake up soak n wet and freezing your ass off.

good times ;)

we need a "good times" side effects thread ;)
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

i get night sweats too, those are awesome. wake up soak n wet and freezing your ass off.

good times ;)

Dude, your request shall be granted!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #173
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Another thing that has always worked for me? Crawling. I'll go crawling and within 10 minutes I have a shit-eating grin a mile wide.
I just go shooting the guns.. Nothing like go out and blowing a few hundred rounds off

Ohh man, I sure should word that differently, cause i am leaving myself wide open for this one
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Pain pills and cymbalta give/ gave me bad sweats all day. Enough to get prescribed acne medication at the age of thirty. Night times are the worst though.. I don't miss that.

Seroquel has it's place I'm told but it was the worst medication I've ever had. Side effects were as powerful as the drug and turrets symptoms are common. That's stuff is no joke.

I woke up with my lips stuck to my gums and the worst sore throats I've had next to strep every day.. Again the doc just said "Yep. It happens."

"Side effects include nightmares of dolphins and waking up with tuna breath, the ability to smell underwater, the ability to think you're water. Nine out of ten suffer from constipation while one enjoys it. Ask your neighbor if ***** is right for you."

Last edited by djjiz; 03-19-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #175
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

good times ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Dude, your request shall be granted!
Okay, maybe not.