Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Congrats Carnage Crew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2004, 01:17 PM   #1
Say hello to my dactylion

Default Congrats Carnage Crew

Congratulations Carnage Crew... Apperently they received a full sponcership from Master Craft at Supercrawl 3. I don't know any details but that's just what the anouncer at the Supercrawl said yesterday. I'm sure when Jason gets back from Utah he will fill us all in.

Supercrawl was FREAKING awsome!!!! The man made course was awsome. I want to now build a scale course in my backyard.

Jason what was your opinion of the course?

-PF
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Congrats Carnage Crew

That is too cool!!!!!

Congrats guys!!!
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I watched those video clips on pirate...and man that wall of death is WICKED!! so many roll overs!!

jason- did you guys roll?? and did you make it up the wall of death??

PF- did you see the roll that caused nick to get hit by there buggy?? that's sad :( I hope he recovers...
XFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:31 PM   #4
bendforthebone

congrats.
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:06 AM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

Well.... Just drove all the way home from SLC, and now I'm at work all night.

1. The courses were awsome! Very technical, very verticle, very fun.
2. The people of SLC are awsome!
3. I met "Martha Stewart" thursday night at tech briefly, I was busy and couldn't talk long. Didn't meet any of the other crawler guys???
4. We had friday off, so we parked our rig at the Crane High Clearance booth for the day. (another one of our sponsors)
5. Saturday, first course we rolled just before the finish gates (course 2)

Course 3, we ran perfect, no strap, no stops, 1 back, got to within 5 feet of the exit gate and were trying to avoid a gate. I asked the judge how much time we had, he said 1 minute. What seemed like 15 seconds later we timed out. We were both so focused on what we were doing we didn't hear the judge, or all our fellow competitors yelling at us. We could have hit that cone, been done, and still had the best score on that course.

Course 4, Was a major cone fest. We went into the course planning on taking 2 gates. Got way in and ended up with 3 gates, and a bunch of stops and backs. When the judge called out the 30 second warning, we still had to go though the hot tub, and out the course, so I told Aaron to stop, as it wasn't worth breaking the rig, because we weren't gonna finish.

Course 1, The wall of death. This was our last course of the day. We chose to do a spotter ride, and I stood at the starting line, yelling out to Aaron. He took several full throttle running starts at it, we made it past the line, but then the car started wheel hopping really badly, bent the chassis, and exploded the transfer case!

In 2 years of competing this was the first breakdown that we have had that was serious enough to where we couldn't continue. So we became spectators for our second day.

Did anyone see me hitting the wall of death with project no fab? On sunday in the afternoon when there was a lull in the competition I took it out and tried a few of the courses

And the best news of the whole weekend, yes we are the official Mastercraft Race team! Here is a snippet from off-road.com

Quote:
Salt Lake City, Utah - Mastercraft Race Products CEO/President Robbie Pierce announced that he just inked a deal with the Carnage Crew Race team for the 2005 professional rock crawling season. With full factory sponsorship from Mastercraft Race Products, Carnage Crew Racing will debut their new single seat tube-framed factory sponsored Mastercraft Race competition rock rig at the 2004 SEMA show. Carnage Crew Team Owner - Kim Dusenbery commented, "We are estatic to have signed this deal with Robbie and Mastercraft Race Products. Mastercraft and Carnage Crew Racing are a great fit and we look forward to a long relationship with an awesome company."
We now have about 10 days to get the new car done and off to SEMA. This sponsorship is really a huge deal for us, it allows us to continue working towards our goals, and matches us up with a great company. You will all see very big things comming from Mastercraft racing in the near future...
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:11 AM   #6
The Wheels Keep Turning

Congrats on the sponsorship!
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:40 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

AWESOME JASON!!!!

will it look anything like the moon buggy?? will it be a better rig than the 'bent chassis' one??

How much is that deal worth?? do you get a free buggy or what??
Old 10-19-2004, 12:54 AM   #8
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFACTOR
AWESOME JASON!!!!

will it look anything like the moon buggy?? will it be a better rig than the 'bent chassis' one??

You'll have to wait until SEMA to see what it looks like. It's all top secret right now.

Yes it will make up for everything we didn't like in the old car. One thing is the new car will have exactly twice the horsepower to weight ratio!

I can't talk about what the deal is worth, but we'll be just fine
Old 10-19-2004, 04:29 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFACTOR
AWESOME JASON!!!!

You'll have to wait until SEMA to see what it looks like. It's all top secret right now.

Yes it will make up for everything we didn't like in the old car. One thing is the new car will have exactly twice the horsepower to weight ratio!

I can't talk about what the deal is worth, but we'll be just fine

hehehehe...

I cant wait to see what the new rig looks like!! Hopefully this means you will be able to place in the top 3?!?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:52 AM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

Congrats Jason, glad to hear the weekend went well and especially about the sponsorship. That is awesome!!

Any chance Mastercraft wants to sponsor a R/C Crawler?
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Well don't keep us in suspense, how did no fab do with the Wall of Death?!?!?!

If you ever pass through Flag on your way to a comp (Everyone seems to!) And need a place to have a beer/steal a couch, look me up
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
Well don't keep us in suspense, how did no fab do with the Wall of Death?!?!?!

It was very surprising how far it got up the wall! You should see pictures, or video of it somewhere. As soon as I started crawling it up the wall every magizine, and video crew came over and started shooting.