Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Global warming..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #1

Default Global warming..

At least I can run my nitro's and crawlers in the winter since it never seems to snow anymore... Thanks Big oil!!!

_bR3T7
clodbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Umm ok.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, its been pretty warm here too. Yesterday got up to 57 degrees (big deal in Illinois in January). Today was in the 30's, but gonna warm back up next week.

Matt
BagoXCAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i run my stuff pretty much any day i feel like; rain, snow, hail, sleet, cloudy, sunny, or possibly even during an earthquake. snow doesnt hurt anything on em, in fact it kinda snowed here the other day and i got all excited because it meant i could run my scale chevy in the snow!

OIT_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Um, your little heat wave has nothing to do with global warming. We have a warm winter going on, nothing else.

And thanking anybody for the real effects of global warming is pretty crappy. It is a real issue, and one in which the people of this planet need to take a little more seriously.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb

Um, your little heat wave has nothing to do with global warming. We have a warm winter going on, nothing else.

And thanking anybody for the real effects of global warming is pretty crappy. It is a real issue, and one in which the people of this planet need to take a little more seriously.
You've got a point about taking it seriously. All the penguins could die due to know where cold enough to live. :-(
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

we have been in a warming trend for the past few thousand years. If the icecaps melt then at least the population will get thinned out a bit. I doubt our piddly fossil fuel burning has half the effect of volcanic activity on global warming anyway. my $0.02
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Ya up here in michigan its been 40 to 50 degrees, no snow disapointing for snowmobiling but ok for r/c's.... awesome for goin out and playin in the mud and rocks.
clodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodbrett
At least I can run my nitro's and crawlers in the winter since it never seems to snow anymore... Thanks Big oil!!!

_bR3T7

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #10

I'll gladly send anyone who wants it, all our snow, just pay shipping.
And I run both my TLTs in the snow.
BTW MOABs suck on ice.
RIPPER357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

This is one of those arguments that the facts mean nothing to the wackos. If you lean one way or the other, you are always right.

If the earth is getting hotter, and we caused it, we are smart enough to fix it, or be wiped out.

If the earth is getting hotter, and mother nature is doing it, we will either fix it or be wiped out.

OR, here is a "crazy" idea. This is part of a cycle that the earth goes through every 10,000 or 20,000 years and people 1000 years from now will look back and laugh at us.

I seem to remember back in grade school, the "big brains" telling us that if we kept cutting down the rain forest and burning fossil fuels, the earth would be uninhabitable by the year 2000. Still here.

A couple more little things, one valcano puts out more green house gases than man kind has in the past 100 years, and more methane seeps up from the bottom of the ocean every day than humans produce in a year.

We are a small part of this planet, not that important, this rock we spin around on can shrug us off any time it wants. I'm not saying to go crazy and trash the place, but blaming us for a tempeture change is like blaming a bad smell in a house on one fleas fart.
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #12
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:

_bR3T7
well, i guess you had better sell your nitro's, the car you drive, turn off the power to your house and start crapping in a hole! you are just as guilty as the rest of humanity if thats the case! just think how your life would be without oil.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

So what would happen if the ice caps melt??? Answer: Nothing...Have you ever froze water in a glass??? What happens??? It swells over the top of the glass... And what happens to it when it thaws???It actually leaves less water in the glass...The person who said if the ice caps melt it would flood the earth must have been one hell of a scientist...:?
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #14

dude, seriously, you guys are wicked dumb. I was just making a joke about how warm the winter is.. I'm not trying to blow up your damn skirts.. Jesus.

And we've had warm winters here, for like 10 years straight. So It seems like more than just a few warm winters.

As far as thanking big oil, that part was a joke too. I recycle, I drive an economic vehicle, I'm as environmentally concious as the next guy if not more.

You guys pretty much remind me of the dumb4ss kids I see on the street friday nights, reving their honda's with VTEC's at me in my daily driver passenger car. My statement was meant for amusement, as CHIT CHAT.. as this area of the forum is so duely name.

So quit getting butt-hurt, you make me sick.

those of you who saw that my post was meant for enjoyment, and merely an observation, thanks. A sense of humor is a valuable thing to posess in todays world full of stick hidden in the rectum corpses.

So, enjoy the CHIT CHAT

_bR3T7
Old 01-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #15

Incidentally, only one of the continents large ice mass rests in water, the other rests on land, so if it melts, it will be like putting a garden hose into your kiddie pool, what happens then? it fills up and overflows..
http://science.howstuffworks.com/question473.htm

"

So what would happen if the ice caps melt??? Answer: Nothing...Have you ever froze water in a glass??? What happens??? It swells over the top of the glass... And what happens to it when it thaws???It actually leaves less water in the glass...The person who said if the ice caps melt it would flood the earth must have been one hell of a scientist...:?
"

The main ice covered landmass is Antarctica at the South Pole, with about 90 percent of the world's ice (and 70 percent of its fresh water). Antarctica is covered with ice an average of 2,133 meters (7,000 feet) thick. If all of the Antarctic ice melted, sea levels around the world would rise about 61 meters (200 feet). But the average temperature in Antarctica is -37°C, so the ice there is in no danger of melting. In fact in most parts of the continent it never gets above freezing.

At the other end of the world, the North Pole, the ice is not nearly as thick as at the South Pole. The ice floats on the Arctic Ocean. If it melted sea levels would not be affected. There is a significant amount of ice covering Greenland, which would add another 7 meters (20 feet) to the oceans if it melted. Because Greenland is closer to the equator than Antarctica, the temperatures there are higher, so the ice is more likely to melt

yeah.
there you go.
_bR3T7

Last edited by clodbrett; 01-13-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD400
OR, here is a "crazy" idea. This is part of a cycle that the earth goes through every 10,000 or 20,000 years and people 1000 years from now will look back and laugh at us.
And how old is human existance on Earth? Bible folk say +/-5000 years, scientists say +/-12000 years, so an Earthly cycle that happens every 10-20K years is kinda a new experience to us homosapiens. Frog species are dying off, and many species of animals are being born "confused" (hermos, temps affect sex in many animals) and unable to reproduce.

How much proof do you want that the methane levels, C02 levels, and temps have raised greatly in the past two hundred years? Cows have been farting (and oceans), volcanos have been erupting for MUCH longer than this.............................and nothing can be compared to the rise of such things as compared to the past two centuries.

Call me a wacko all you want.........................but at least show me the evidence that proves that I am a wacko! I would love to believe that the world is safer than I know it is, prove it to me.

But at the same time......................I believe an asteroid will take us out before global warming, the "big" tsuanami, or the sun burning out will!!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I dont think anyone is butt hurt at you its just a good topic that everybody is going to have an opinion on that is all...It seems your the only one that is "butt hurt" about anything....Good topic actually
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
yeah, theres one.
read the rest, theres more.
If you guys want to talk about global warming for real, we can there is good science involved, and new discoveries are made every day.

just remember, they threw Galileo in jail for saying the world wasn't flat...

_bR3T7
Old 01-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
dude, seriously, you guys are wicked dumb. I was just making a joke about how warm the winter is.. I'm not trying to blow up your damn skirts.. Jesus.

And we've had warm winters here, for like 10 years straight. So It seems like more than just a few warm winters.

As far as thanking big oil, that part was a joke too. I recycle, I drive an economic vehicle, I'm as environmentally concious as the next guy if not more.

You guys pretty much remind me of the dumb4ss kids I see on the street friday nights, reving their honda's with VTEC's at me in my daily driver passenger car. My statement was meant for amusement, as CHIT CHAT.. as this area of the forum is so duely name.

So quit getting butt-hurt, you make me sick.

those of you who saw that my post was meant for enjoyment, and merely an observation, thanks. A sense of humor is a valuable thing to posess in todays world full of stick hidden in the rectum corpses.

So, enjoy the CHIT CHAT

_bR3T7

I wonder if those guys that reved their VTECs actually passed English class..........................because they would probably have you beat in that department!!

But thanks for thinking of me as one of "those kids," since I am six years your elder!! So, STFU you stupid kid!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
I wonder if those guys that reved their VTECs actually passed English class..........................because they would probably have you beat in that department!!

But thanks for thinking of me as one of "those kids," since I am six years your elder!! So, STFU you stupid kid!!!
So you are saying that you live in my city, drive down the strip and rev your VTEC honda/acura/tincan at me while I am driving my non-souped up economy vehicle?

And as you can see, yet another butt-hurt post
criminey

Oh, and whats wrong with my english? I am not the best at typing, but it's not that bad..