Notices

Thread: The Nuge on gun control.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
Ted for president of the NRA and The USA

Best idea I've heard in MONTHS if not years.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

I am not a rebulican,
Nor am I a democrat.

I am an American.

As for Ted Nuggent.

Well said sir. I used to have a bunper sticker that said, "gun control means using both hands"

I for the life of me can't understand all the stupidity in the world. I would gladly donate my time, guns and ammunition to personally shoot each and every rapist, murderer, theif and child abuser right in their effen heads. Anyone that doesn't support the second ammendment, and my right to carry firearms is a fool, and a communist, and I say, piss on you
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:51 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

gun control a la Ted Nugent is putting the second shot through the same hole as the first shot

http://www.usnews.com/articles/opini...un-or-die.html
rex cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #24
RCC Addict

my hero! Well we've had everything under the sun as a president why not a rock star??
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Gun control is not about guns,,,its about control. And the debate is only a problem so someone can sell you a solution or get voted in.

I would still vote for Ted.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Gun control is not about guns,,,its about control.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Remember, a country's people should not fear it's government, the government should fear it's people.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
RCC Addict

The founding fathers set up the government so that the country was to run by the people for the people. Today's government keeps trying to take away individual freedoms, so that we will fear them. If they take away of right to bear arms, what do they have to fear from us? Ted Nugent is one of my personal heroes, and not just because he's one of my favorite musicians and kicks ass on the stage. I like him because he says what he thinks and doesn't give a crap what the liberal idiots and politically correct morons think. I once had a friend who was a hunter, owned guns, etc. who thought Ted was too "extreme" and was hurting the cause. I told him someone HAS to draw the line so there is no gray area. There is no gray area with Ted. Thank you for standing up for what you believe Ted. We need more people like him who aren't afraid to stand up to what they see as taking away our individual freedoms. The right to defend ourselves is the one right that everyone should have.

Last edited by Mongo; 03-06-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #28
RCC Addict

i would register to vote if he ran for prez
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Hell yeah we should have the right to defend ourselves. I am working a lot in the US now and I am just waiting a month more before I can legally own one from a gun store. One thing is up for discussion though and I would like to hear some valid points. When "they" say gun "control", are they just talking about new gun owners taking a safety course, or checking to see if they have any past mental conditions/problems, criminal record, etc... Because as I see it, safety is always a high priority, right? That is why we have guns in the first place, for personal protection. I wouldn't really want the "bad guys" to have guns too. I don't know much about US gun laws and rules, only what I have picked up off my law enforcement buddies down there. So I guess I am asking, what would YOU do or change to the current system to make it better?

Not trolling politically or anything, just curious.
marmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmech View Post
So I guess I am asking, what would YOU do or change to the current system to make it better?

Not trolling politically or anything, just curious.
-Enforce the laws that are already on the books. New laws come with a lot more restrictions.

-Enforce background checks prior to buying a weapon, BUT when you have been cleared to buy a weapon you automatically have a concealed weapons permit. Do you think loony-toons that shoot up malls, schools, or work-places would think harder about it if there was a strong possibility that most of the people he was about to go shoot were armed?

The Roaring 20's had another name, 'The Age of Civility', basically you did not know who was packing and who wasn't, so you were polite and curtious.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote