Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Don't order from TowerHobbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Don't order from TowerHobbies

Ok I really don't care where you order from. But This is what happen to me. It all started a few weeks ago. I ordered some shocks online and the ad said 8 shocks. When I ordered, I asked how many came for that price ($16) they said 8 shocks. So I ordered my shocks and a HPI Jeep body. Got it in the mail, but only had 1 shock. So I called they siad it was a mistake on there part and said there was nothing they could do for me. Basically told me that I was SOL. Well I final got a Manager and talked with him little. I told him I talked to 2 poeple and they said 8 shocks and the ad online said 8 shocks. He also said it was there mistake , but he couldn't do anything. I asked him what I'm I going to do with one shock. Just send me one more and call it even. Well that didn't work. Well he told me to send him the shock back and I give you a $10 store credit. He wanted me to pay for the shipping back to them. Well I got them to mail me the postage for it. OK I have $10 store credit and I sent the shock back so I have a total of 26 bucks. I went online ordered 26 bucks worth of stuff and they didn't give me my $10 store credit and since I changed the mailing address they didn't give me my shock refund money. So I called. They told me the 10 bucks was if I wanted to buy all 8 shocks. And that when I changed my mailing address that it made me a customer number and that I just had 16 bucks on a different account. Every person I talked to was an A$$H@le. They have terrible C.S. So I have an order now at home that was supposed to be paid for but it not. Thay siad I could send it back at my cost and they would refund all my money. Well I already tried that and you guys F...that all up so I'll just go though the Better Business Bureau. There response we don't care, it wont change anything. So I just hung up. Sorry for the rant. It prob. dosn't even make since.

So if you ever order anything from TowerHobbies make sure you talk to more then 3 poeple to confirm the price don't ever change your mailing address and never believe what they tell you. WoW that was a run on sentence. Oh well.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 01-14-2006 at 01:20 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I just needed to blow some steam. Does anyone know another site that as alot of hooby stuff? That have good prices.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I don't really know a lot about hooby stuff, in fact I've never herd of it. I do know where you can get hobby stuff tho. rc4wd.com, the crawlerstore.com. They've got the better quality stuff. It'll be higher prices but most of it is made from aluminum instead of plastic.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:56 AM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

in a week or so I will have a pile of tires, rims, escs, cheap motors, and deans plugs. Prices will be competitive. Watch the vendor section for more info.

ebay is a great place for shocks too.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Your rant is completely understandable. I'm used to haveing good customer service, and get frustrated with businesses like this as well. I guess it isn't actually law that when its a screw up on advertised pricing that the company make good on that price? Seems like the smaller the business, the better the CS, bigger, worse. In the 1:1 world, there are a lot of relatively small companys, and most have the best CS you could hope to find.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Why is this in the Nylint Forums? :?
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I think that is a completely rediculous complaint.

1. Someone else here posted that Tower made that mistake and how he scored. So either you knew about it and tried to take advantage of Tower or you didn't know because you live under a rock.

2. 8 savage shocks for $16? Doesn't that seem like a mistake? Who sells savage shocks for $2 a shock other then Ebay? You had to have thought that that was a screaming deal and in the back of your mind was thinking big deal if it does not pan out, it's only $16.

I just spent just under $500 from Tower and have spent over 2 grand at Tower in the last 2 years . I have had no issues with them.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I like dusting.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I think that is a completely rediculous complaint.

so why is this so rediculous? if it said 8 shocks and he was told 8 shocks he should have got 8 shocks
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuzzz_up_dogg
so why is this so rediculous? if it said 8 shocks and he was told 8 shocks he should have got 8 shocks
I guess you didn't get past the first sentence of my post. I gave 2 reason why I thought that way.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #11
06 Super National Champ

Why is it ridiculous? It's called common sense.

Several folks on here were discussing the shocks on Tower. Several of'm stated that the price was for ONE shock and that there HAD to be a typo on Tower's site.

Some folks still mentioned that they were going to try to get a set of eight shocks for the listed price.

But...on Tower's site it states:

Quote:
All prices, pictures and descriptions on this site and all other Tower Hobbies publications are subject to change. Tower Hobbies maintains no responsibility for inadvertent errors. In the event of typographical errors on our site or in our publications, Tower Hobbies reserves the right to cancel or refuse orders at its sole discretion. Please contact us within 30 days regarding price or promotion discrepancies.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I guess you didn't get past the first sentence of my post. I gave 2 reason why I thought that way.
No i did i read it all but it dont matter if they said 50 shocks for 16 bucks thats what they need to give doesnt matter if it is a mistake.....and you say it is only 16 bucks! well sometimes 16 bucks is alot to some people.Some people dont have a unlimited income like others and if he is b!tchin about this trying to get a free bee then i agree with ya it isnt right.But if the ad said 8 shocks for 16 bucks then thats what should have been shipped even if 2 bucks a shock sounded to good to be true it dont matter sometimes you come across deals that are that good.And im sure if he had knowen that 16 bucks was for one shock he wouldnt have ordered it(we hope) just because you have spent over a 1k there and had no problems dont mean others wont
whuzzz_up_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Tower probably has 250,000 items in their inventory. You have to expect a mistake here and there. The people on the phone are order-takers that probably make six bucks an hour, not hard-core RC nuts; they have the same information that's in the catalog. That's why "3 people said 8 shocks," they were just reading the information put in front of them.

If you thought you were getting 8 shocks for two bucks each, you need to go back to Newbie General for another six months.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

He contacted 2 ppl before the order and they said its for 8.. even tho the price is so low, they should know if it is a typo or not. But no, 2 of them confirmed that its for 8... too many companies employ too many dumb ppl who dont know what they are talking about...
Frakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakk
too many companies employ too many dumb ppl who dont know what they are talking about...
Yeah and too many people play stupid to try and take advantage of others mistakes.

I knew that when Tower started to correct that mistake someone on here would post up whining about how they got screwed.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

yeah i admit that.... ppl want to get everything for nothing. and on the other hand, I hear more and more stories of big companies' customer support doing nothing, and literally you have to be on the phone just to talk to someone who will tell you to call an other number....
Old 01-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
06 Super National Champ

Just be glad that Tower's customer support hasn't been farmed out to India.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakk
too many companies employ too many dumb ppl who dont know what they are talking about...

How old are you? Perhaps you have not entered the work force quite yet or you are a little rich boy with mommy and daddy paying the bills for your fun.....

I'm sure if Tower Hobbies would hire college grads and pay them $20 an hour they could get decent employees... Most small paying jobs tend to be backed by the non-educated people who just do as they are told, if that.

Before buying you should always do research. Check out the manufactures website and get the correct information concerning a part(s), then go to your favorite ordering place and order by part number...DUH
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast
How old are you? Perhaps you have not entered the work force quite yet or you are a little rich boy with mommy and daddy paying the bills for your fun.....
profile says he is 19.....makes you wonder about the second option
SlammedMini469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I have entered the work force for a few years now, and my parents are not giving me any money for anythin, but I give them to help out... and you dont need scientist nor engineers to tell you what your buying, neither to put prices and write descriptions on them.