Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Took them a while to realize this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #21
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
So do young people.
Your Super is stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I don't know if you read through the link to the wiki thing on the Fed, but it showed a graph of the value of US currency from before and continuing on untill recent times.

Something else I learned: The Fed is a non-profit.
So where does that money go? This debt system is the most idiotic thing ever conceived.
Yeah, I saw that. Notice that it went crashing around WW1 and WW2? I believe that's when the World Bank got involved or a little bit before. That's also how this country made it through, by selling out its citizens to the World Bank.

All that money is probably going to the World Bank to "pay" off interest. Like you said, its a money making scheme for them.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Notice that it went crashing around WW1 and WW2? I believe that's when the World Bank got involved or a little bit before. That's also how this country made it through, by selling out its citizens to the World Bank.

All that money is probably going to the World Bank to "pay" off interest. Like you said, its a money making scheme for them.
The WB was established after WWII. From wikianswers...

Prior to world war 2, the world had been colonised by european countries. europe then controlled about 85% of the worlds land surface. after ww2, their economies and infrastructure were decimated and so they withdrew from nearly all of their colonies and granted them independence in what was called 'decolonisation'. the only problem was that these former colonies didn't have any of the means to support their own development becuase during their years under colonial rule they were exploited for their natural resources and hadn't developed their own industries. this meant that these countries just kept getting poorer and poorer. the world bank and imf were est after ww2 to give these countries the money they needed for their own development.

The world is nothing more than an investment opportunity.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Your Super is stupid!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
Suck it up!

Reading up on the IMF (International Monetary Fund) which was also formed alongside the WB...their intent was to loan money to poor countries. They of course have conditions that have to be agreed to...here's one of interest...

from wikipedia...

One of the main SAP conditions placed on troubled countries is that the governments sell up as much of their national assets as they can, normally to western corporations at heavily discounted prices.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
Release your anger..

I actually forgot about this thread.

Quote:
The WB was established after WWII. From wikianswers...

Prior to world war 2, the world had been colonised by european countries. europe then controlled about 85% of the worlds land surface. after ww2, their economies and infrastructure were decimated and so they withdrew from nearly all of their colonies and granted them independence in what was called 'decolonisation'. the only problem was that these former colonies didn't have any of the means to support their own development becuase during their years under colonial rule they were exploited for their natural resources and hadn't developed their own industries. this meant that these countries just kept getting poorer and poorer. the world bank and imf were est after ww2 to give these countries the money they needed for their own development.

The world is nothing more than an investment opportunity.
Potato Patato, same story, different versions, all true. Is there a particular reason for the all poor grammar from wikianswers? That seems suspect if you ask me. Did you pull that from Uncyclopedia?

On a further note, I was thinking about the Amero again. Anyways to the point, my friend from France told me there was outrage initially during the conversion to the Euro because their francs value was lower. So all their savings wound up to pretty much nothing in Euros.

Since the dollar is nay worthless already, we the citizens and all the other countries who control debt would be screwed when they switch to Ameros, correct?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #26
Suck it up!

Quote:
Since the dollar is nay worthless already, we the citizens and all the other countries who control debt would be screwed when they switch to Ameros, correct?
Possibly. It depends on how they do the transition. Since it would include Canada, the US, and Mexico, its hard to say how they would set the value since Canada and the US dollars run fairly even to each other while Mexicos dollar is worth considerably less.

There is a logical answer, but who knows if anyone would chose it.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #27
Release your anger..

Quote:
There is a logical answer, but who knows if anyone would chose it.
Forget Mexico, burn Canada and use gold instead of oil to back the dollar or have an effective system to increase the value of the dollar? What's your guesstimate?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #28
Suck it up!

Quote:
Forget Mexico, burn Canada and use gold instead of oil to back the dollar or have an effective system to increase the value of the dollar? What's your guesstimate?
Phffft. I really have no idea. It would be the perfect time to set the standard Amero to a higher value than the dollar, but there would be too much outrage from those to whom we are indebted to. Though, I wouldn't be suprised if it were valued close to the Euro, but I doubt that would happen either. We'll never see gold backing our money again, so thats not really a factor. I'd say it'll probably be close to the same value as our dollar. Canadian and Mexican exchange rates would apply.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #29
Release your anger..

Quote:
Phffft. I really have no idea. It would be the perfect time to set the standard Amero to a higher value than the dollar, but there would be too much outrage from those to whom we are indebted to.
That's the only possible explanation I can wrangle up. It isn't the first time the dollar's value has been manipulated to weaken countries hostile to this country's interest. Remember when oil when through the roof and came crashing down?

There is no logical explanation for a superpower switching currency. The dollar is the perfect getup because it's a piece of paper whose value is determined based on this countries word. "It's worth xxx amount because I say so." That's why Nixon removed the gold standard.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #30
Suck it up!

Quote:
There is no logical explanation for a superpower switching currency.

*cough*engineered global economic crisis*cough*
Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #31
06 Super National Champ

I know this is Alex Jones, but read.

http://www.infowars.com/the-ecstasy-of-empire/
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I never want to take out any credit or loans from the banks. this system sucks and they can go fornicate themselves/
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote