RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   EvilJerk Marinade (as tasted at ECC) (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/245318-eviljerk-marinade-tasted-ecc.html)

EvilTwin v2 04-20-2010 07:55 PM

EvilJerk Marinade (as tasted at ECC)

I've had enough people ask about this that I'll put this thread up for now to give some people that liked the stuff a chance to get the recipe, and a few others a chance to try it. I'm probably going to delete the post though as soon as there's no longer traffic on the thread.

This stuff is absolutely delicious. If you don't believe me, just ask any one of the 30 or so people that tried it at ECC.

:twisted:EvilJerk Marinade:twisted::

1 Whole onion, FINELY diced.
1 Bunch of scallions (green onions) FINELY diced.
1 cup Cider vinegar
1 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Oil (I use Canola)
1 tbsp Thyme (preferably fresh)
1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
1 tbsp Ground allspice
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Minced garlic
1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
1-2 minced Habanero pepper
This is great with chicken, pork, some fish, etc.

You can substitute other peppers, but I highly recommend using the habaneros. I use the pickled habaneros from a jar, and I use 2 with seeds & all (you'll get flavor similiar to the stuff at ECC). I have yet to have anybody complain about too much heat. If you want less heat, you can remove the seeds from one or both of the peppers or only use one pepper. I also have friends that prefer the recipe with jalepeno peppers, but I personally don't.

So far I've
- soaked whole pork loins in it for 24+ hours & slow smoked them. They were delicious, but could benefit from having the marinade injected.
- soaked chicken breast for anywhere from 12 to 24. I prefer longer as I really like the flavor. My parents prefered less time. Chicken is my favorite meat so far for this stuff.
- soaked pork chops for 24 hours. They were darn tasty, too. Pork needs more time than chicken to really get the flavor.
- and one time, I even marinated tilapia for about 45 minutes in it. It was absolutely delicious, too!

Every time, the meat has either gone on the charcoal grill (I only use Lump Charcoal (no processed briquets) or on the smoker.

Just be carefull to not leave it marinade too long as the vinegar will eventually start to "cook" the meat.

Oh, one other thing. I'll usually make a triple batch when I make the stuff and keep it the fridge. It'll keep a good while and it's always nice to have on hand if you need to win over somebody's taste buds. "thumbsup"

Enjoy! "thumbsup"

JasonInAugusta 04-20-2010 08:01 PM

I made some habanero jerky a few days ago. Between myself, the kids, and the neighbors I can't keep it in the house. :lol:

I'll have to give that recipie a shot soon.

HomerJ 04-20-2010 08:06 PM

Yep, that's what did it!! I knew there was some kind of spice in there I shouldn't have eaten. It was abso-fawkin-lutely delicious, but it also triggered a food allergy for me. I'd eat it again though!!!! :lmao::lmao:

JasonInAugusta 04-20-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 2417991)
Yep, that's what did it!! I knew there was some kind of spice in there I shouldn't have eaten. It was abso-fawkin-lutely delicious, but it also triggered a food allergy for me. I'd eat it again though!!!! :lmao::lmao:

Everyone that eats my jerky complains about the spice then comes back for more. :lmao:

I laugh.

HomerJ 04-20-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta (Post 2417995)
Everyone that eats my jerky complains about the spice then comes back for more. :lmao:

I laugh.

LOL, yeah, I know this was a food allergy though. I was worried enough about it that I told bluejeep where my Epipen was just incase..

EvilTwin v2 04-20-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 2417991)

So, which ingredient got you?

JasonInAugusta 04-20-2010 08:32 PM

I'd guess the peppers.

TwistedCreations 04-20-2010 08:35 PM

Ill guess the nutmeg "thumbsup"

EvilTwin v2 04-20-2010 08:37 PM

I'd have to guess either the cinnamon or the nutmeg. If it is the nutmeg, just leave it out. No sense getting sick.

Nabil 04-20-2010 09:05 PM

Best chicken ever!

HomerJ 04-21-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta (Post 2418045)
I'd guess the peppers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedCreations (Post 2418048)
Ill guess the nutmeg "thumbsup"

Those, and possibly the allspice. No worries though. I want some more dammit!!! :lmao:

Scattman 04-21-2010 08:35 AM

Yeah, that was some damn good chicken. Between the marinade and the smoke it was perfect. I was only cooking at 230 degrees so it got a nice slow cook as well.

I cleaned the smoker up yesterday, might make another batch and throw it on. :twisted::flipoff:

Rubbaneck 04-21-2010 11:33 AM

Thanks Scattman, best damn grub I've ever had.

You are one hell of a food artist! "thumbsup"

kennyj 04-22-2010 08:14 AM

I went to publix last night for ingredients for marinade. It's gonna be a good weekend.:ror:

EvilTwin v2 04-22-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyj (Post 2420366)
I went to publix last night for ingredients for marinade. It's gonna be a good weekend.:ror:

You'll have to let me know how it turns out for you.

Benzbuildr 04-22-2010 06:31 PM

Man that Jerk chicken was so good, I had to try it 6 times."thumbsup"

Scattman 04-22-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzbuildr (Post 2421308)
Man that Jerk chicken was so good, I had to try it 6 times."thumbsup"

:ror::ror::ror:

kennyj 04-26-2010 08:12 AM

Came out perfect. Will be eating the last piece for lunch today:flipoff:. Thanks for the recipe."thumbsup"

Scattman 04-26-2010 09:23 AM

I have gotten a couple pm's, guess I need to post up my baked bean recipe from ECC.

EvilTwin v2 04-26-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scattman (Post 2426048)
I have gotten a couple pm's, guess I need to post up my baked bean recipe from ECC.

I didn't get a chance to try them, but heard that they were good.