RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Phoenix area rock crawlers come in (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/24650-phoenix-area-rock-crawlers-come.html)

toylxl2 01-30-2006 12:01 AM

Phoenix area rock crawlers come in

well let me know if this thead is in the wrong place....
first off I wanted to make a thread for parc so we can talk tech or whatever.I searched and didnt find anything but comp results and pics so I started this one.I'm new to rc crawling but not 1/1 I'm really addicted to rcs now and I cant wait to go to my first comp.for those of you I havent met yet my name is Mario and my brothers name is Justin and we will be gong to comps all the time.I live in Oregon right now but I will be back in az march 3rd..man I cant wait I'm not very fond of oregon..well I'll put as much as I can into my new found sport.Any help I can offer, I will well I cant wait to meet everyone in person and go to my first comp..I hope that my brothre and I have our clods done by the time I get back.oh yhe he still lives in az.

justin 01-30-2006 12:35 AM

hear is an area ware i wont to start crawling it is a park that is off of Pinnacle Peak Rd. and 55th ave. it is just east of 55th ave. on the south side of the road you can see the parking lot from the road. i have some pics just click the link below.
justinkfh photo album - Photobucket.com

toylxl2 01-31-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin
hear is an area ware i wont to start crawling it is a park that is off of Pinnacle Peak Rd. and 55th ave. it is just east of 55th ave. on the south side of the road you can see the parking lot from the road. i have some pics just click the link below.
justinkfh photo album - Photobucket.com

justin I thought it was 59th as a matter of fact I'm sure its 59th ave. well if your comeing from the south you would take 59th ave and it curves into pinnacle peak and your in the park.theres a few entrances on both sides of the road. better yet heres a map push the map north past bell past loop 101 and then go to 59th ave,I tried to get it to go strait there but it didnt work
oopps sorry but I couldnt get it to post a pic so I copied the address,just copy and past in your browser.anyways its Tunderbird park and if you look at the map you'll see where 59th ave turns into Pinnacle Peak Rd. thats where its at.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...Vok9pEfkOZo%3d

toylxl2 01-31-2006 08:14 AM

so when any of you PARC guys come in,how many people usually show up at the comps?
How long do they usually last?Well the first comp I'm gonna be able to go to will be right after I move back which will be March 5th.I cant wait to meet everyone and enjoy some good 'ol rc crawlin with ya'll....

grover 01-31-2006 10:31 AM

March 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by toylxl2
Well the first comp I'm gonna be able to go to will be right after I move back which will be March 5th.I cant wait to meet everyone and enjoy some good 'ol rc crawlin with ya'll....

This is our schedual as it stands to date:

Class 1: Unlimited
Class 2: Drivers/Spec (unanimous vote to keep 14inch class)
Class 3: Unlimited 2.2 (unanimous vote today to keep independent rear steer)

January 8th (Class 1 and 2)
January 29th (Class 2 and 3)
February 19 (Class 3 and 1)
March 12 (Class 1 and 2)
April 2 (Class 2 and 3)
April 23 (Class 3 and 1)
may14 (Class 1 and 2)
June 4 (Class 2 and 3)
June 25 (Class 3 and 1)

grover 01-31-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toylxl2
so when any of you PARC guys come in,how many people usually show up at the comps?
How long do they usually last?.

I looked back at the comp results and it looks like we see about 12 to 20 trucks at each event. We try to wrap things up around one if possible.

toylxl2 01-31-2006 03:02 PM

and the comps normally start around 8:00am right? So how long has PARC been getting together.

kevinlongisland 01-31-2006 04:33 PM

I wasn't sure myself, so i did a quick search. Looks like the oldest post on here for an event was on 7-23-04. So I guess PARC is about 1 1/2 years old now.

shortbusjeep 01-31-2006 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we should come up with a logo and get some stickers made. here is my idea but i only have access to paint so everyone post up their ideas and if someone could redo mine in a good softwear that would be cool.

justin 02-01-2006 12:25 AM

that looks real good i like it

Azcats1 02-02-2006 06:28 AM

Hey guys can you send me a map how to get to the comp. I'm from Tucson and would love to check this out...

kevinlongisland 02-02-2006 07:43 AM

you can always find the most up to date info and maps here:

http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/Events.html

hope you can make it out.

toylxl2 02-02-2006 07:47 AM

Ya know, I never knew how much I loved Arizona till I left it.I think thats a great logo and I would sport it on anything..good job

well I got my clod today and tested it out..man these things really need alot of work from stock lol. I've already drawn up a chassis and I'll have it made,hopefully by the end of next week,depends on how much work I got at work.good thing I ordered my 9t pinions a few days ago they'll be here mon.

shortbusjeep 02-02-2006 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok well i got some connections through the local 4x4 club to a sign guy so im gonna show him my logo and see what he comes up with and get some made i dont know what size to get, like 4X3 or something, i didnt want them to big but bigg enough to see, also maybe windshield banners.

edit here it is in oval

cowboyrc 02-02-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbusjeep
ok well i got some connections through the local 4x4 club to a sign guy so im gonna show him my logo and see what he comes up with and get some made i dont know what size to get, like 4X3 or something, i didnt want them to big but bigg enough to see, also maybe windshield banners.

edit here it is in oval

Tyler, let me know what you come up with cause I use a sign and sticker place for my business maybe I can get them to cut me a deal?

shortbusjeep 02-02-2006 08:26 PM

ya will do, i hopefull will have time to talk to them fri afternoon, you guys like the design?

toylxl2 02-03-2006 05:33 AM

I like both, I think maybe the rectangler one more though...I dont know theose oval ones remind me of those stickers you buy at a gas station that have some stupid stuff on 'em..
but I would say see who likes what more and go with it

kevinlongisland 02-03-2006 08:09 AM

i also like the rectangular one more. They look good and thanks for the work. The only thing i think can be improved is the fact that PARC doesn't really stand out.

shortbusjeep 02-03-2006 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ya i realized that, the AZ flag has to many colors, but im just gonna bring this over to the guy i know, dose logos and stuff also and see what he can do i just like to have an idea whan i show up, plus ill have him do it and im sure he can shadow the letters or something to help, and clean the tire tracks up a little.

this is what he did for our 4wd club, edit-- ok just looking at the 4wd logo what if i did a circle with the flag and tire tracks and parc rapped over the top like erau is.

kevinlongisland 02-03-2006 12:43 PM

that logo looks really nice. Something like that would be sweet! That would be cool if he could get a crawler in there too!