Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Good News, Bad News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Good News, Bad News

First the good news, YeeeHawww I no longer have a truck payment

The bad news, in order to get rid of the payment my 2007 Chevy crew cab Duramax it had to go to the scrap yard. My parents borrowed my truck to haul our 39 foot 5th wheel travel trailer on a trip to Mexico. They spent 12 weeks enjoying the sun and sand, they were supposed to be back by the 1st of May but they found out that money goes along way in Mexico, so they decided to stay longer. About a week ago they called and told me that they wouldn't be leaving Mexico till after the holiday weekend, I thought this was a good idea, no sense driving with all the holiday traffic.

They got up early this morning and headed north, they made it into AZ where they stopped at a truck stop for fuel, food and a good nights sleep. While they were inside eating the truck parked next to them started on fire! One of the fuel tanks on the truck burst spraying burning fuel all over my truck and the trailer starting it on fire. Both trucks and our 5th wheel were total loses before the fire dept got there. me.

On a good note no one was hurt and things are replaceable.

My insurance agent was able to get a rental car to my parents within an hour of my call to him, he also got them a hotel room! WTG Jeff.

I'm kinda in shock right now. But I'm thinking it will be nice to have an extra $700 a month.
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

Bummer. Glad they were ok though! Trucks can be replaced, parents can't. So what are you going to get now?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Think I'm gonna wait to get another truck, We have a 1999 k2500 suburban and I have my 95 k2500 work truck, they are both paid for so we don't really need another vehicle. We are looking at buying a new house this summer so not having a truck payment will let us buy more house. But if i were to buy another truck I'd get the same thing k200 or k3500 duramax with a few banks upgrades, I loved hitting lev 5 on the pda and smoking all 4 tires, or hitting 1 and getting 26 mpg.

I'm getting all teary eyed.....

I better get to bed I must be over tired.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default .

Wow that sucks. Glad no one was hurt
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
dkf
Rock Crawler

The important part is your parents are ok. It sucks to lose a vehicle but it can be replaced.

Its a fact that a paid for vehicle is better than an unpaid vehicle. I know my truck looked even better when I mailed in the last payment.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Damn that's a freak accident if I've ever heard of one. Glad everyone was ok though.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
The important part is your parents are ok. It sucks to lose a vehicle but it can be replaced.

Its a fact that a paid for vehicle is better than an unpaid vehicle. I know my truck looked even better when I mailed in the last payment.
Yeah making the last payment feels SOOOO!!!! good, when I paid off the 95 we had a party to celebrate. I paid cash for the 99 suburban, so no party for that one.

My parents called this morning, they are in Vegas. They will be flying home tomorrow.

My dad must have apologized 20 times already, I keep telling him that it's not a big deal, the important part is that they are OK.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper68 View Post
My dad must have apologized 20 times already, I keep telling him that it's not a big deal, the important part is that they are OK.
Good to hear everyone is ok.

After you tell them your glad their ok, then tell them "you just knocked me out of a $700.00 payment" I'm thanking you.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Yikes ... that's no way to end a vacation glad it's all good now.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper68 View Post
Yeah making the last payment feels SOOOO!!!! good, when I paid off the 95 we had a party to celebrate. I paid cash for the 99 suburban, so no party for that one. My parents called this morning, they are in Vegas. They will be flying home tomorrow. My dad must have apologized 20 times already, I keep telling him that it's not a big deal, the important part is that they are OK.
It's not exactly his fault somebody else's truck caught fire.........was it a Ford by chance?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
It's not exactly his fault somebody else's truck caught fire.........was it a Ford by chance?
no probably a gmc..

but wont you get insurance money for the camper and truck?
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Default Freak Fire

Glad to hear that your parents are safe. Family is the most important thing in this World. It's cool that you get to save some money now without that car payment. Think wisely when you buy another Chevy Truck, try not to put yourself into another $700 payment if you can.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Naw, I wish it was (give me another reason to hate fords) It was a freightliner. Acording to the guy I talked to from the trucking company the fire started in the refer unit.

They had an adjuster out to look at it this morning, and are sending me a check tomorrow. Thats the fastest I have ever seen a company move. (Hmmm I wonder what parts I can order...)

My insurance won't have to cover a thing, WOOOHOO!!
My truck had full coverage anyway, but the trailer only had liabilty, We bought it at a auction and got a awesome deal on it.

Gonna be hard to find another dael like that one. It was a 02 sunnybrook 39 foot 5th wheel, it was brand new still had the plastic on the carpet and cushions. The guy bought it and then died, it sat in a pole barn for 2 years until the auction. If I remember correctly we only paid $8000.00 for it.