Old 01-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #10424
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cool Pictures

^^like
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:44 AM   #10425
Rock Crawler

Yeah, but those caffeinated drinks,,,,, that's just BS, and the few i have tasted taste like i would assume chemical toilet content taste.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:38 AM   #10426
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Yeah, but those caffeinated drinks,,,,, that's just BS, and the few i have tasted taste like i would assume chemical toilet content taste.
Not sure why it's BS. If you don't like 'em, don't drink 'em, it's that simple. We all like different things man. I don't really drink soda at all, so I couldn't care less as long as they keep throwing sponsorship dollars at talented riders.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #10427
I wanna be Dave

I drink a Bang or fruity Monster at lunch, but only when I’m at work. Days off I could care less. Don’t do carbonated drinks aside from those. Coffee, southern iced sweet tea, water, and the lunch time energy drinks.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #10428
Rock Crawler

Yeah that was probably not formulated correct by me, the stuff are just not my kind of stuff, just like beer never was even when i was a kid and drank those every weekend.

It just seem a bit silly ( BS ) to me that kids nowadays need to drink stuff like that, either kids today are pretty weak or they have a almighty activity level and are tired often and so need a boost.
And i am inclined to not think the last judging by what i see on the streets and in my nephew and his sisters.
A sugar rush was always enough for me, and crucial when the weed had kicked your blood sugar levels to hell.

But then again, now that i no longer smoke or drink anything, i pretty much don't get people who do, but it is of course their choice i must respect.
But i am so hammering my friend as he started to smoke cigarettes again,,,,, and he is the guy that had 12 heart attacks in a hour.
+ when he was stopped, he was whining a whole lot about the foul smell of smokers, and now he sold out and joined them again.
And of course its his life ASO so , but he also know he just knocked himself down the respect list with me.
Becuz both he and i have major issues with people that say 1 thing but do the opposite.

I don't personally give a damn if people are smoking, even right in my face, i am just glad i don't do that anymore, and i am sad i stopped way too late cuz i am after all a "nickname for a cat" procrastinator too.
But i would never whine about smokers like my friend did, even if i can smell one from a far.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #10429
~THE SCALE SHOP~

See the Wooden Body Bucks That Created the First Corvette Molds

Before being born in fiberglass, the Corvette began life as finely carved mahogany.

Here, in 2020, it’s easy to take the Corvette’s pioneering use of fiberglass for granted. For over six decades, America’s sports car has been built this way, after all. The Corvette’s continued us of fiberglass and composite material, nearly 70 years later, is the sort of throwaway factoid used in the margins of magazine articles to take up space and spice up the layout.
Back in the Corvette’s early days, though, the Corvette was an entirely new sort of vehicle for GM. As a result, it required new techniques and thinking. There would be no stamping dies, no hammer-and-dolly, and considerably less welding than Chevrolet was used to.

Creating the large molds for the Corvette’s fiberglass parts was an ordeal in and of itself. In the days before CAD, CNC, and 3D printing, all of the hard work of creating the Corvette’s curvaceous body happened by hand.
Mahogany Molds

The wooden body bucks seen here we painstakingly carved by hand, according to Super Chevy. Initially, Chevrolet used them to create molds for the original Motorama show car. Later, they would be instrumental in creating the molds for the production 1953 Corvette.
It’s difficult to comprehend the amount of work that went into each part. As seen here, the carved mahogany seen here made up more than just the outer body shell. Craftsmen also carefully formed the dashboard and underbody from Polynesian mahogany.

Any part that was fiberglass on the production car was carved in this way. A mold was taken from that wooden part. Then, that mold was used to create fiberglass copies, all by hand.
The amount of work that went into a single door or dashboard is impressive in this age of automation. It’s no wonder that just 300 Corvettes were produced in 1953, with the last one leaving the Flint, Michigan factory on Christmas Eve of that year.

When they were no longer useful for Corvette production, Chevrolet destroyed these functional works of art. It’s a real shame that we will never see these carved, sanded, lacquered, and polished body bucks sitting in the National Corvette Museum. Thankfully, we have these photos.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #10430
Quarry Creeper

59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #10431
Quarry Creeper

^^Nucking Futs!
Old 01-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #10432

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
See the Wooden Body Bucks That Created the First Corvette Molds

Before being born in fiberglass, the Corvette began life as finely carved mahogany.

Here, in 2020, it’s easy to take the Corvette’s pioneering use of fiberglass for granted. For over six decades, America’s sports car has been built this way, after all. The Corvette’s continued us of fiberglass and composite material, nearly 70 years later, is the sort of throwaway factoid used in the margins of magazine articles to take up space and spice up the layout.
Back in the Corvette’s early days, though, the Corvette was an entirely new sort of vehicle for GM. As a result, it required new techniques and thinking. There would be no stamping dies, no hammer-and-dolly, and considerably less welding than Chevrolet was used to.

Creating the large molds for the Corvette’s fiberglass parts was an ordeal in and of itself. In the days before CAD, CNC, and 3D printing, all of the hard work of creating the Corvette’s curvaceous body happened by hand.
Mahogany Molds

The wooden body bucks seen here we painstakingly carved by hand, according to Super Chevy. Initially, Chevrolet used them to create molds for the original Motorama show car. Later, they would be instrumental in creating the molds for the production 1953 Corvette.
It’s difficult to comprehend the amount of work that went into each part. As seen here, the carved mahogany seen here made up more than just the outer body shell. Craftsmen also carefully formed the dashboard and underbody from Polynesian mahogany.

Any part that was fiberglass on the production car was carved in this way. A mold was taken from that wooden part. Then, that mold was used to create fiberglass copies, all by hand.
The amount of work that went into a single door or dashboard is impressive in this age of automation. It’s no wonder that just 300 Corvettes were produced in 1953, with the last one leaving the Flint, Michigan factory on Christmas Eve of that year.

When they were no longer useful for Corvette production, Chevrolet destroyed these functional works of art. It’s a real shame that we will never see these carved, sanded, lacquered, and polished body bucks sitting in the National Corvette Museum. Thankfully, we have these photos.
This is insane! So awesome. Very sad that they're gone forever.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #10433
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This is insane! So awesome. Very sad that they're gone forever.
Ya, it's amazing..times like this I miss the "like" button.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:28 AM   #10434
Pebble Pounder

Being made of made of mahogany, those molds must have weighed a shit-ton.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:31 AM   #10435
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
Ya, it's amazing..times like this I miss the "like" button.
X2, need a really really really like button, along with b-slap the idiots who destroyed these button...
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:09 AM   #10436
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassp View Post
x2, need a really really really like button, along with b-slap the idiots who destroyed these button...
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #10437
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Old 01-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #10438

Hell yeah! Because your FWD 4-popper can't do that!

Sure looks like he's blowing out some ATF or something though.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #10439
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Talk as about "torque twist"...dang.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:22 PM   #10440
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yup, THAT is torque twist