Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Sober, Drink, or Drunk ???
Not a drop 29 23.58%
A few here and there 79 64.23%
Sometimes I fall down 8 6.50%
Hafyew sheen mah keezsh tu muh BUUIIICCK ???? 9 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Sober, Drink, or Drunk ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #61
MODERATOR™

Hey kids, who thinks I can crawl that gap with the bus?

Scary.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2019, 08:34 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sober, Drink, or Drunk ?

Funny, I stumbled upon this thread while I was surfing my old build threads...
I passed my 21st year sobriety this year.

Who's still here in 2019 ?
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Never really acquired the taste, and still haven't really. Not really a fan of whiskey, beer is ok but I don't go out of my way to get one, wine I usually get as a present during holidays and drink that with meals.

Coffee on the other hand...... I should probably cut back on that.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

I drink beer, but I cut it too just weekends due to my expanding gut.

Where on the Cape are you from, if you don't mind me asking crunky? I used to live in Bourne.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:55 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

My weapon of choice and kryptonite is German or Czech beer. Especially doppelbock and bock beers are my favorite. But I can feel it the next day after just one. My ankle hurts, and I get fat fast
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:36 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
Funny, I stumbled upon this thread while I was surfing my old build threads...
I passed my 21st year sobriety this year.

Who's still here in 2019 ?
Still here!

These days, and for the last 3 or so years I'll drink 3-5 beer on a friday night, I have friends over and we crank up the stereo..kind of a ritual now.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:56 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

I figured I needed to stop before turning pro. I've really tied one one once or twice a year for the last 7 years or so but last year I didn't even do that. I can't stand not being productive to an extent whether its wrenching on RC stuff or playing gta5 so getting trashed is out because the hangovers hurt way more in my 40's.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:24 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
.. the hangovers hurt way more in my 40's.
Boy, isn't that the truth.... used to go all night and be at work by 8am the next day. Now I'm lucky if I'm ambulatory by 8pm.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I figured I needed to stop before turning pro. I've really tied one one once or twice a year for the last 7 years or so but last year I didn't even do that. I can't stand not being productive to an extent whether its wrenching on RC stuff or playing gta5 so getting trashed is out because the hangovers hurt way more in my 40's.
They sure do. Even when I was in my 20s, I wasn't a heavy drinker because I hated being weighed down by a hangover the next day.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #70
RCC Addict

I use to drink allot in my teens started at 14 (older sister helped with that). Once I turned 21 it wasn't all that much fun anymore. My dad was a severe drinker. Waking up and having a beer right after his coffee. Babysitting him made me not want to drink. I had a bad problem with pain meds for a span of about 7yrs. This Thanksgiving will be 8yrs pill free. I have a hard time taking anything now. Herbs, essential oils, Chinese medicine is my way of healing now days. I do drink every now and then, but never enough to be drunk. A beer maybe 2 or a couple glasses of champagne with the wife is about my max. I prefer green plants over anything else. Glad to see so many get back on their feet and away from addiction. Hope everyone has a great day today!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

No alcohol here but I do like the sticky-icky green, especially extracts.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Been thru a lot of experiences... none that I'll comment about here since they'll get deleted anyway. I've been free from alcohol for roughly 10 years now. Loosing a parent to alcoholism can really open your eyes to how destructive drinking can be. I'm thankful every day that I'm not an alcoholic. I do miss having a beer from time to time but my wife is adamantly opposed to drinking and drugs because of her family's history, so out of respect for her I've remained alcohol-free to this day.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #73
RCC Addict

I enjoy a few beverages every now and then but just as a few have mentioned before, the hangovers are too brutal and it just isn't worth.

It seems like a such a horrendous waste of a day to have to lay around puking and wanting to die.

Now, green and smokable things, that's a whole other discussion; especially since it's legal (sort of) in Canada now. But I get no hangover or long lasting negative affects from that..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Surprised I never posted on this one!

I never got into alcohol or tobacco, or weed, just never had the interest. Some of that could be from working in a store that sold alcohol and tabacco as a teen as well as being around people (friends, family, ect) who did use just kinda turned me off of it before I ever developed an interest in trying in the first place. I shocked a former coworker when I told him that I don't, even if it's just a little weed, and I told him that it was just a lack of interest in trying it or dumping the money that could be spent elsewhere into it. Also told him that the only alcohol I buy goes into the fuel tank of my Chrysler 200 (factory flex fuel car, and that little 3.6l loves it's corn licquor), and the only things I've smoked have been tires and R/C electronics, with the tires only occasionally being intentional
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

ive been sober for about a full year now. I drank everyday for about 8 years. I only drank beer the last 4.. about a 12 pack a day. quitting cold turkey sucked, but I pounded through it with some monster. now im fully caffeine and alcohol free. I just need to dump my nicotine. it hard not to just put a dip in at work.. I don't have a lip in at home though. hardly ever. not drinking also made me eat more, but ive cut down a lot on that too.

after seeing how much money I saved not drinking my favorite expensive beers... that money slowly made its way back out of my pockets and on my bench lol.. ive got to many crawler projects goin on.

its not easy to kick a bad habit. I smoked cigs and kicked that habit down to just dip. used to do both at the same time. im going to buy some loose leaf tobacco again and see if I can slowly kick this this habit. its the hardest to kick for me.

if you are trying to stop drinking or cutting your nicotine intake down to 0.. I wish you the best of luck.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

I'll be honest, out of all the addictions and nasty habits I've quit and overcome... quitting cigarettes was the absolute hardest to kick.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

nicotine is absolutely the hardest habit to kick. in my book anyways.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #78
RCC Addict

I MAKE beer. It's by 'other' hobby.
The Germans actually think beer is FOOD.

A couple of beers is fine. Call it whatever ya like.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

im not against beer drinkers or anything. I think it was just time for ME to just quit. 24+ dollars a day 365 days a year.. it adds up.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
I'll be honest, out of all the addictions and nasty habits I've quit and overcome... quitting cigarettes was the absolute hardest to kick.
I was a two-pack a day smoker since I was 25. I used to drive for a living, so it was easy to just smoke one after the other. I quit cold turkey 10 years ago at age 38. I realized my habit, annually, was a years worth of vehicle payments.