Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Sober, Drink, or Drunk ???
Not a drop 29 23.58%
A few here and there 79 64.23%
Sometimes I fall down 8 6.50%
Hafyew sheen mah keezsh tu muh BUUIIICCK ???? 9 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Sober, Drink, or Drunk ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sober, Drink, or Drunk ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
The Germans actually think beer is FOOD.
As a friend of mine always says, there are plenty of food qualities in beer, but zero beer qualities in food.

I'll have an occasional beer or even a few. I love me some good margaritas, or bourbon, or scotch. But as others have mentioned, as you get older, it hurts a helluva lot worse the next day. And, I struggled with alcoholism in my late teens and early 20's, so I keep it in check these days. The other thing is that carrying around extra weight doesn't help my main hobbies these days, so keeping the drinking in check helps keep my weight in check. I quit smoking after over 20 years in 2012, and keeping excess weight off takes enough work on my part as is (not that I mind putting in the work, I actually enjoy it). Alcohol is just empty calories at the end of the day.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

For the past 30 years or so i have only been drinking on new years evening, before i stopped every damn Friday / Saturday was drink drink and drink even more.
And as i have never been that smart, and drink make me more stupid i figured i better lay off the stuff.
Sadly i did not stop smoking the weed back then, so in total that cost me even more grief, though being stoned never made me do any drunk level stupid.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:40 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

I enjoy 2 or 3 beers and a shot of Polish brandy or a gin Gimlet( depending on winter or summer), after a hard days work, & especially after plowing snow for 12 hrs behind the wheel of a 55,000lb tandem rig. The body just vibrates even after getting out of the truck, and I've been plowing snow for 27yrs.

Haven't been blind, stupid drunk since I was single, and that's only happened 4 times. Twice when I was in the Army, and twice when I became a civilian again. Only ever had a bad hangover once, after that I learned a few tricks to control the severity of the hangover. 1) Eat a good meal before consuming in excess, preferably a steak and baked potato. The proteins in the meat and the starch in the potato slow down the absorption of alcohol in the bloodstream, and 2) before you hit that sack after an evening, or in some cases, morning, of imbibing, take an Alka Seltzer or a couple of aspirin. When you wake up, you won't have that echo chamber headache.

I've been chewing or dipping tobacco since I was 14. Tried cigarettes when I was in the service, but it wasn't my gig. I'll occasionally light up a cigar, usually when my buddy from Cuba brings me a good cheroot or 2.

I smoked weed before I got a government job, and am looking forward to my retirement in 6 1/2 yrs to continue.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote