RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   An idea. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/25584-idea.html)

CoreyK 02-10-2006 08:13 PM

An idea.

I already asked a mod from here....But i was wondering if we had quite a few people that want a chat it would change there minds to put one up. Itd be cool to have a chat on here so we can get are questions answered faster and have a place to chat with everyone on here. Just a idea, if you think its not a bad idea post up!:roll:

TwistedCreations 02-10-2006 08:14 PM

I have seen alot of boards that I have visited have chat rooms. They get used for about the first month. After that they die out

CoreyK 02-10-2006 08:15 PM

Ah, i visit a few also and everytime im on them there always busy, o well it was just an idea:?

jason 02-10-2006 08:27 PM

I will look into something.

CoreyK 02-10-2006 08:30 PM

Sweet Jason! I apreciate you looking into my idea....

Going Up! 02-10-2006 08:45 PM

Jason is the Bomb!!!!!! He Rocks!!!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CoreyK 02-10-2006 08:48 PM

Yes he is.... He has a great site , Thanks for everything Jason!

Robb 02-10-2006 09:03 PM

I used to be a moderator at www.explorerforum.com, and was also an op in their chat room.

Chat rooms work if two conditions exist IMHO.

1) The message board is big enough to support a room, and it has the support of the members. Only a very small percentage of forum members will actively participate in the chat...............and there has to be enough regular chat members to keep it going during peak chat hours. IE, from 6pm EST 'til 12am PST, there needs to be enough people in the chat for members that join the chat to be interested enough to stay. :confused: You can have 20-30 people join the chat throughout the evening, but if nothing is going on, they will leave within 20 seconds.

2) The chat NEEDS strong operators! One or two crappy members that constantly disrupt the room can kill the whole thing in the matter of a month or two. When I got involved with the EF chat, there was probably about 2-6 members in the chat during peak time, and it was boring. With a little work, we had 3-5 ops, and 12-20 members (and this was on a forum of 30K+ members) actively in the room on 4+ evenings of the week. Then, supposedly, the software got rebooted or whatever and when the smoke cleared, there was only one op (that was rarely there during peak hours) that was able to log on. This, combined with a couple of bad seeds, made that room worthless in a matter of weeks. The bad guys just drove all the good guys away. To this day, that room is like a ghost town. For the mods here, a chat room without ops is kinda like a bb without mods............only multiplied by 100. Chat rooms operate on a much faster scale than forums, and ugliness spreads VERY quickly.

I was an op in a room that went from dead, to very entertaining, and right back to dead. :roll: Shoot me any questions you have on the "mentality" of how they operate.

AdamF 02-10-2006 09:08 PM

Just use an aim chat room

I bumped up the old chat room post in this forum, check it out.

Copy this line of text

aim:GoChat?RoomName=rccrawler

and then paste it into your browser bar

toyofast 02-10-2006 09:25 PM

Chat rooms are so 1996:roll:

CoreyK 02-10-2006 09:28 PM

Oh so i suppose were about 10 years behind huh toyo?:flipoff: :lol:

RD400 02-10-2006 09:39 PM

If I want to talk to someone, I will call them. I think it would be abused like the reputation thing was a couple months back. Kinda have a hard enough time with idiots that shoot off their mouths and nooBs getting their feeling hurt.

Just my opinion;-)

toyofast 02-10-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyK
Oh so i suppose were about 10 years behind huh toyo?:flipoff: :lol:

Yep.

Why have a chat room on RCC when we already have Chit-Chat? Is it not the same thing?

badger 02-10-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason
I will look into something.

What you meant to say was.... "I will get my b!tch on that right away."

BENDER 02-10-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger
What you meant to say was.... "I will get my b!tch on that right away."

I'm busy right now.

nktrnl 02-11-2006 03:26 AM

I think they are good bad bad.
But one big thing that would turn me off about it would be the attention whores that keep typing crap to...well get attention.

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
CAN ANY ONE HEAR ME???????????????????????????????????????????

But then again, it can be good for some things..

Cloak 02-11-2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nktrnl
But then again, it can be good for some things..

Yeah, like making fun of the attention whores.

jason 02-11-2006 10:30 AM

The AIM room is awful boring right now...

TwistedCreations 02-11-2006 04:40 PM

Mainly is jammed at night. Dave is in there right now :lol:

Got Rocks? 02-11-2006 06:00 PM

instead of a chat room why dont we all go to jasons house and have a party and talk and kill digler

hey it just might work:mrgreen: