Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Carry Gun Caliber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #21
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
you gotta think bout ammo too! i carry a springfield 40xd. i love it.
40 cal ammo is easy to come by. 380 and others are alot harder to find. just a quick heads up before you decide!
I can get .380 ammo all day long by the case here! .40 is harder to find here. .357 Sig has never been a prob for me to get.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
I live in the Ghetto part of santa rosa and no one ever pulls guns or knives and if they do it would be you people carrying a gun around with them.

I'm just saying,i like guns but i don't think its neccasary to carry a gun on you.
Here is your safe city.... http://www.idcide.com/citydata/ca/santa-rosa.htm

What ghetto do you live in? Looking at the stats it looks like you live in a all White city! Almost 80% white and 2% black But that chart is from 2006.....
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I had a Judge once tell me that Because of my size, that my hands if used in a fight could be counted as a 2903.11 Felonious assault.

Put down the guns, Pick up your fist.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post

What ghetto do you live in? Looking at the stats it looks like you live in a all White city! Almost 80% white and 2% black But that chart is from 2006.....
Sanoma, Marin area....don't get more white-bread, liberal, and suburban than that.....eight murders in 2008....?!?!?! Shit the Phoenix metro area gets that in a month....and we aren't even on the scale of dangerous cities.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #25
dnf

Quote:
I like guns and love going shooting with my dad, but do you guys really live in such bad cities were you need to carry a gun around?Pepper spray mabey but a gun?Is that neccasary?

If someone messes with you,fight em.
as a provider for me and my family. if I get seroisly injured in conflict who will pay the bills or put food on the table?

also I assume the agressor has hiv,hep c,and tb. in hand to hand blood is a given. and blood itself can be deadly these days,especially if it gets in your eyes,mouth or open wound.

come at me in a threatning manner and you'll get hit with a 45.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
Sanoma, Marin area....don't get more white-bread, liberal, and suburban than that.....eight murders in 2008....?!?!?! Shit the Phoenix metro area gets that in a month....and we aren't even on the scale of dangerous cities.
according to the web site above Phoenix had almost 14 a month in 2008 that doesnt include the surrounding metro area
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #27
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
I don't own a gun and neither should you. You could kill someone, or a loved one could kill themselves with it.
Quote:
I like guns and love going shooting with my dad, but do you guys really live in such bad cities were you need to carry a gun around?Pepper spray mabey but a gun?Is that neccasary?

Quote:
I live in the Ghetto part of santa rosa and no one ever pulls guns or knives and if they do it would be you people carrying a gun around with them.

I'm just saying,i like guns but i don't think its neccasary to carry a gun on you.
I know i am gonna offend alot of the Cali folks but...... You guy dont have half the crime and ghettos like the south.
Before you go off, i know,i lived and worked all thru out Clifornia for 10 years.
Why less violence..ALOT stricter laws.( Good thing...maybe)
I would rather be raising my familiy out there if i could. I always felt alot safer anywere i was out there compared to here!!
I will let Kennys link do some talking. Look at mine compared to yours ,the Graph is maxxed out!!!
http://www.idcide.com/citydata/tn/memphis.htm
So after being in some pretty sticky situations here a few times i do feel i need some alternate means of protection.

As for the other folks that wonder why you carry a gun.
I dont remeber were i heard this but the quote was like this.

Its like carrying a spare tire.
You hope you never have to use it but you have it in case you ever need it.
I could go on for days.

Anyways. Get something your gonna carry. Practice, and get training. I have been shooting since i was a kid and thought i knew alot. I shoot tons better after some professional training. Plus it was really fun!!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:

Consider this a tag i need to find link to a story that may open everyones eyes who think like this
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I don't own a gun and neither should you. You could kill someone, or a loved one could kill themselves with it.
Ignorance has killed more people than guns ever will.

The two I regularly carry are a Glock 19 9mm or Ruger LCP .380. LOVE the LCP, damn thing is smaller than my cell phone but still packs more than enough punch to take care of business.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #30
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Yeah...if you're an irresponsible gun owner. And yes, I could kill someone...but it'll be when my life is threatened by them.

Quote:

It's not that we live in "bad" cities...it's just another way to be prepared. Why wouldn't you want to be as prepared as you can be for any unforseen issues. When I go wheeling, I don't HAVE TO have all the recovery gear, winch, extra belts, hoses, ujoints, survival items, extra oil, trans fluid, water, etc...but IF I do need it, wouldn't it be smarter to HAVE it.

"Fight 'em" ? Really? How far can your fist reach? If someone pulls a gun on you to rob you or take your car, or take your wife/girlfriend/kids what makes you think they will be within striking distance of your fists?

Quote:

You don't have to live in the ghetto to have reasons to carry. That is one of the most misguided perceptions. Things still happen in the "good" neighborhoods.

I open carry an XDM-40 full frame in a Blackhawk holster. I went with the .40 since there seemed to never be any 9mm available anywhere...and I would always see .40. There are reasons to conceal carry, and for those reasons I am still in the market for a sub 40 and have also looked into the LCR-357. I have a P22 that could just as well be used as CC, but as much as I personally wouldn't want to get hit with .22, it's a bit weak from a protection standpoint.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #31
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
do you guys really live in such bad cities were you need to carry a gun around?
Our founding fathers thought it was important enough that we all carry guns that it was the 2nd thing they guaranteed us in our constitution.

Have you see where people are getting shot now a days? Church, school, work, ect. This crap isn't just happening in the ghetto any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Put down the guns, Pick up your fist.
How well does that work when the other guy is armed? How well does it work when you are outnumbered? How well does it work when your attacker is jacked up on drugs?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

My fists work just fine but I prefer have a level playing field regardless of numbers, size, weapons. In jeans and a tshirt, I typically have at least my LCR with 38+p HP's in my pocket and normally my Kimber 45 on my hip. Both conceal just fine and can more than take care of business. If I'm in gym pants or shorts I'll just have the LCR, P238, or LCP (or a combination of those listed). If you feel you need a few more rounds on your person, my bro in law typically conceals his XDM .40 cal (16+1) without issue.

Speaking of shootings at churches...we know this all too well. In the past 2 months, we have had multiple shootings outside our church while people were there. The church isn't even in a bad part of town. So are we just supposed to watch if/when someone starts shooting when women and kids are outside? Fact is, in places where strict gun laws exist, the bad guys still have their guns. Add to that, here in the DFW area we have approximately 650 police officers on duty at any given time. Most of them are handling traffic and/or speed zones. That doesn't offer much protection for the 2+ million residents here. Fact is, the police do more responding than protecting...so we legally carry.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

About the only good thing about AZ, as of July 29 2010 concealed carry for everyone! We will join both Alaska and Virgina as the only states who can carry in that manner with out a CCW license.
Dragon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I can get .380 ammo all day long by the case here! .40 is harder to find here. .357 Sig has never been a prob for me to get.
well you are a lucky bastard! lol. everyone is always looking for 380 ammo here! lol. its hard to find because everyone buys it! 40 and 9 ammo.... i can get all day everyday! mabe we need to do some trading! lol ill buy you some 40 ammo and you buy me some 380 ammo and we will trade! lmao!

and as far as using my fists.... my fists are used in every fight. unless i believe the opponent has a gun! then mine gets pulled! and if my gun gets pulled, its not for just looks! if you pull a gun on me, im gonna shoot you! no doubt!

and what are you gonna do when some one starts talking sh*t. you go up to them with your fists. they pull out a gun.... what the F are you gonna do then?

are you gonna say. oh i dont believe in gun carry so you are not allowed to shoot me..... its a crazy world!
the sooner you figure that out, the sooner you will have a gun!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #35
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I say .177 The first pellet goes in their eye, the next 200 pellets are for fun and torture!
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Dude SR, Ukiah, or most of Nor-Cal doesn't have anything that qualifies as a ghetto. We live in a very tame area, and most people around here are liberal yuppies.
Tortuga275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #37
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

for the most part it's a S&W 4006 40 cal. and im a small guy so summer i swap over to a S&W/Walther P22 not a lot of takedown but my 13 little friend's still run faster than most attackers GSRCC Drail
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbelly View Post
I know i am gonna offend alot of the Cali folks but...... You guy dont have half the crime and ghettos like the south.
Before you go off, i know,i lived and worked all thru out Clifornia for 10 years.
Why less violence..ALOT stricter laws.( Good thing...maybe)
I would rather be raising my familiy out there if i could. I always felt alot safer anywere i was out there compared to here!!
I will let Kennys link do some talking. Look at mine compared to yours ,the Graph is maxxed out!!!
http://www.idcide.com/citydata/tn/memphis.htm
So after being in some pretty sticky situations here a few times i do feel i need some alternate means of protection.

As for the other folks that wonder why you carry a gun.
I dont remeber were i heard this but the quote was like this.

Its like carrying a spare tire.
You hope you never have to use it but you have it in case you ever need it.
I could go on for days.

Anyways. Get something your gonna carry. Practice, and get training. I have been shooting since i was a kid and thought i knew alot. I shoot tons better after some professional training. Plus it was really fun!!
I know your right!! The south is "dirty"..
http://www.idcide.com/citydata/ar/hot-springs.htm
For a small town in Arkansas it's pretty bad here, this is why I carry. I have also had my house robbed twice within a year (once while i was in memphis, go figure). It's a very discomforting feeling knowing someone was in your house while you, your wife, and small child were asleep!!
You never think shit will happen to you, but it can and will. Be ready!
JoeyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Kel-Tec 32, eleven rounds of self defense. I also sometimes carry my 229 Sig 357. I also have a 40 caliber barrel for this one.

Never had to use either yet. But there is no need not to be prepared.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:

Well i just live in the poor part of Santa rosa where i am the only white family in my neighborhood and the rest are Mexican.My neighbors are in a gang and sell drugs all day and everyday there is fences getting tagged,and at school people are getting caught with knives.

That report must be on the fountain grove area where all the white people live.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote