View Poll Results: who's going to win Lesner or Carwin
Lesner 22 64.71%
Carwin 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: UFC 116 Lesner vs Carwin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

but still only 3 fights to get title, how did he get a title shot as a newbie at 3 fights....like i said title handed to him .........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #22
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
how did he get a title shot as a newbie at 3 fights....like i said title handed to him .........bob

maybe because hes a giant and a pretty serious athlete. i guess winning the title by beating people is the same as getting the belt handed to you

i dont like the guy but that doesn't blind me from seeing that he's good at what he does.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
but still only 3 fights to get title, how did he get a title shot as a newbie at 3 fights....like i said title handed to him .........bob

Publicity plain and simple, hype equals money for the UFC. He's a huge guy that aparently has learned how to fight for real. Still doesn't mean I wont enjoy watching him get his lights turned off.....some day.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Do you like Randy Couture? Same thing. Won a title after only 4 fights beating Maurice Smith via decision back in 1997. So Lesnar and Couture share the record of the quickest to win a title.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Not going to lie. I thought that fight was over by the end of round 2. Carwin really laid down some serious ground-and-pound. I was surprised that the ref didn't call it for Lesnar not making an effort to defend himself. And to see Lesnar get a submission, is a step in the right direction for rounding out his career. It shows that he is practicing, some.

Do I think that Lesnar will go far in UFC? Yeah, backed by WWE popularity, and some good solid hands and strong jaw, with some continued training he could be a serious fighter. I hope he sticks around for a while, even if I do think he's a punk.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWire79 View Post
Not going to lie. I thought that fight was over by the end of round 2. Carwin really laid down some serious ground-and-pound. I was surprised that the ref didn't call it for Lesnar not making an effort to defend himself. And to see Lesnar get a submission, is a step in the right direction for rounding out his career. It shows that he is practicing, some.

Do I think that Lesnar will go far in UFC? Yeah, backed by WWE popularity, and some good solid hands and strong jaw, with some continued training he could be a serious fighter. I hope he sticks around for a while, even if I do think he's a punk.

you thought the fight was over by the end of round 2? did you watch an imaginary round?

and Lesnar is a D1 wrestling national champion... pretty sure that means he's more than solid hands and a strong jaw...

you think he COULD be a serious fighter... ummm dude you realize he's the champ right?
KOHJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #27
0 0

anyone else notice the striking similarity

Brock Lesnar

Silver back Gorilla

romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #28
Relaxed !

i had carwin in this card but he's never gotten past 1:38 outa the first round how the hell could anyone think that brock woulda lasted the GNP carwin gave him!
i saw the tightening up and the hit's get lesser and lesser than the bell rang and brock didnt even say chit! i thought oh crap it's on now,carwin 1st time in 12 fights he's even gone 5 mins let alone outa the 1st rnd!
carwin, bam nother big hit then as usual the div 1 champ goes for the takedown,(the only way he can win is on the ground IMO) then moves into position and lands one helluva triangle choke on the sissy lala i had in the begiinning, when i saw the wrist go limp and then went tappity tap tap i was pissed!
then when the call came and heard a humble winner i went wow that week in the hospital did brock some good! He learned that he isn't god but that he is just a fighter! and one helluva fighter he is!
kudo's for steppin up the game brock, i still don't like ya but i know you have enough friends a swell as I so we cool!
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Sorry, the round 2 was a typo, I meant round 1. And as for Lesnar being champ doesn't mean that is a well rounded fighter with the potential for a long MMA career. He has won his fights, yes. He still needs to have his heavy hands backed by some solid ground fundamentals. This isn't boxing, this is MMA. Just because you can hit like a brick doesn't guarantee you anything. A solid take down can totally disable any stand-up fighter. Lesnar needs to be able to switch from being in a non-dominant position to a dominant position without opening himself up for submissions, or nasty blows that get landed during transition.

He has the raw physical ability, and talent. When the gets combined with technical skill, he will be a real contender.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHJeeper View Post
and Lesnar is a D1 wrestling national champion... pretty sure that means he's more than solid hands and a strong jaw...
You don't understand wrestling. No striking is allowed, therefore you can not judge based on college wrestling his chin or hands

I think both fighters will help the Heavy weight class. Once ruled by the lamest fighter to ever enter a ring, Tim Sylvia. This class used to involve Tim Sylvia landing a punch and man hugging, or taking down and man hugging to win by boring decisions. At least both of these 2 have some ability and excitement.

Though I bet we see Alistair Overdeem in 2011...and he might be able to easily stop Brock and Carwin.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #31
RCC Addict

carwin will be back after brock defends the title i more time if he dont lose it
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
You don't understand wrestling. No striking is allowed, therefore you can not judge based on college wrestling his chin or hands

I think both fighters will help the Heavy weight class. Once ruled by the lamest fighter to ever enter a ring, Tim Sylvia. This class used to involve Tim Sylvia landing a punch and man hugging, or taking down and man hugging to win by boring decisions. At least both of these 2 have some ability and excitement.

Though I bet we see Alistair Overdeem in 2011...and he might be able to easily stop Brock and Carwin.
NO WAY, he got stopped by rua , liddell, and other people, hes not that good
LEROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY View Post
NO WAY, he got stopped by rua , liddell, and other people, hes not that good
That was when he was trying to fight as a light heavyweight which didnt fit into his style or build.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote