Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What's wrong with today's kids?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

That's why our society is going to hell in a hand basket!
MexicanMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Your mom broke a ping pong paddle on you too?

No, I think it was a plastic hair brush.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Why are you guys blaming it all on the kids? i am 12 and i give all the credit to my dad for teaching me manners and respect for adults, some kids that i know are stuck up snobs, they get toy after toy from their parents, my dad sometimes pitches in money but i ALWAYS pay him back, My dad is my best friend too. Like i said before, the problem is the parents
rcpro31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #64
RCC Addict

actually...no one here, yet, has blamed the kids...

I blame parents A LOT. I also blame the current evolving...scratch that, devolving, educational system. I also blame the stupid new "educational" shows. I grew up watching REAL educational shows on the discovery channel. I also grew up outside playing and tinkering with junk.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

yeah my mom always tells me to put down my junk in the garage and come eat dinner
Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymin last View Post
When Lawyers out-number Doctors in double digits,
hold on there, my dad is a lawyer, and my mom is a doctor. but i do understand what you mean, my dad is a civil lawyer, he deals with wronful death cases and some of the insurance lawyers on the other side are just interested in whats in it for them. personally, i want a job, but i am too young
Old 07-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

no why?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck norris View Post
You need some free crawler parts?
He don't need any he's probably fawking richer than you chuck norris.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck norris View Post
Well my dad works for NASA and my mom is a Geo physicist and they don't buy me Crawler parts.
I thought you worked as the star on Walker Texas Ranger?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Do you even have a crawler?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #71
LR3
Rock Crawler

As far as butt tearing ups go, I don't think anything works nearly as good as the classic hand with the freakin huge wedding ring
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

I may be 16, but i belive that im not like other kids. i think damn they whine when their parents dont get them something. i have to pay for my own gas in my truck at 9mpg and tires i might add too!, i pay for every cent of my rc hobby along with hunting and fishing, if i want a gun ill have my dad buy it, but i got to pay him the $$. you can bet ive got my ass whipped with a belt, my dad would still do it if i acted up. ill agree every bit with you older guys that todays kids are spoiled. they just expect that their parents are going to buy them a car or pay for all their fun such as going to the movies, or give them a phone. i dont even go to the movies but maybe 3 times a year just because i can spend my money on other things. its not all that hard to get a job ass a teen, kids just dont have the will to work.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

It's definitely parents, but it's also just 'times are a-changin'. When I was a kid( I'm 29) I had nintendo, then sega then everything in-between, but I still knew there was a front yard attached to my house which was the best place to play with friends. Not sitting in my room playing with "friends" on ps3. I knew that sprinklers weren't just for watering lawns. It's just a new day ya know. Kids just sit inside relying on the Internet and video games for fun and friends. Parents of these types need to wake up and see what's happening.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

These kind of discussions make me chuckle.

When I was in grade school I got 3 whacks with a 1/4" 2' wooden paddle if I had to go to the principle. Then a second whoopin' when I got home.

Today, I feel like I have a level of respect for others thats nonexistent in a world where people think respect can be taken.......
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
These kind of discussions make me chuckle.

When I was in grade school I got 3 whacks with a 1/4" 2' wooden paddle if I had to go to the principle. Then a second whoopin' when I got home.

Today, I feel like I have a level of respect for others thats nonexistent in a world where people think respect can be taken.......
That's how things used to be. I was always more worried about the trouble that I'd be in when I got home than whatever punishment I'd face at school. Now kids try to get suspended from school because then they can do whatever they want on their days off.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #76
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
That's how things used to be. I was always more worried about the trouble that I'd be in when I got home than whatever punishment I'd face at school. Now kids try to get suspended from school because then they can do whatever they want on their days off.

My son used to have a problem with going to school. We determined after much discussion that it was just that he wanted to stay home and have fun. The problem ended the day I told him he could stay home but would get no tv, video games, computers, or any of his toys. I handed him a page long list of chores and school work. 30 minutes later he was happily back in school.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post

Yeah being ripend by the sawed off cricket paddle made the 2" leather belt feal that much worse.

Like I said, respect is nonexistent these days.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
My son used to have a problem with going to school. We determined after much discussion that it was just that he wanted to stay home and have fun. The problem ended the day I told him he could stay home but would get no tv, video games, computers, or any of his toys. I handed him a page long list of chores and school work. 30 minutes later he was happily back in school.

Yeah for the Nancies that dont take to physical discipline, a military/totalitarian approach is always good.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #79
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Yeah for the Nancies that dont take to physical discipline, a military/totalitarian approach is always good.
Physical dicipline didn't work in this case.

My son has nearly all the freedom a kid could want, but as soon as he does something he knows is wrong or acts up, those freedoms start going away. That has been a much more effective deterant than spankings ever were.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Physical dicipline didn't work in this case.

My son has nearly all the freedom a kid could want, but as soon as he does something he knows is wrong or acts up, those freedoms start going away. That has been a much more effective deterant than spankings ever were.

Well it sounds like you have the perfect son to me.

It sounds like youve never had an experience where your told "no". When you try to take away the "freedoms" your reffering to. And he tells you hes going to do it anyway?

If youve never encountered that than that just means your child didnt need to be smacked to understand what wrong is. Thats a good thing.

Good genes