Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: smokers/slackers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default smokers/slackers

This doesn't apply to all smokers, but our company has 2 that really tick me off.

We are allowed 2 10 min breaks, and 1 30 min break for lunch unless you take 1 hr, then you stay later.

Once every hour these 2 are out in one car with the engine running smoking for at least 15 min. This happens every day. The best thing, they are both in HR.

We have our plant manager here, and he woln't say a word, but corporate is seriously snowed. They think these 2 are the company's best workers.

One of them, CC we call her, comes in at 8:30, and typically leaves at 3:30-4:00, She is supposed to stay till 5:30 for late orders. When she doesn't stay to do the orders she gripes to the plant manager about why the customer service rep didn't do them the night before. CS works 7-4:00 btw, sometimes staying till 6 to do CC's work.

CC and MC, the 2 smokers, If they wouldn't take the dang breaks would have time to do the work they are supposed to, and not whine about the CS girl not pulling their slack.

/rant

How many of these people to you guys put up with?
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

HR people are the WORST employees.....

My company is about to ban smoking on our entire property.....haha! That'll piss a few people off.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post

My company is about to ban smoking on our entire property.....haha! That'll piss a few people off.
might just lead to more "spitters" laying arounds
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

"Spitters" as in Dip? Well, that's fine with me.....I have my own office. BTW, neither of those are good examples for our business to be setting (Radiation Oncology Center)....
Old 07-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I can't stand lazy bastards...... I work for myself.

unbelievable

man we are in a wurl o hurt
KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterSpec View Post
This doesn't apply to all smokers, but our company has 2 that really tick me off.

We are allowed 2 10 min breaks, and 1 30 min break for lunch unless you take 1 hr, then you stay later.

Once every hour these 2 are out in one car with the engine running smoking for at least 15 min. This happens every day. The best thing, they are both in HR.

We have our plant manager here, and he woln't say a word, but corporate is seriously snowed. They think these 2 are the company's best workers.

One of them, CC we call her, comes in at 8:30, and typically leaves at 3:30-4:00, She is supposed to stay till 5:30 for late orders. When she doesn't stay to do the orders she gripes to the plant manager about why the customer service rep didn't do them the night before. CS works 7-4:00 btw, sometimes staying till 6 to do CC's work.

CC and MC, the 2 smokers, If they wouldn't take the dang breaks would have time to do the work they are supposed to, and not whine about the CS girl not pulling their slack.

/rant

BTW MAN

I remember a story a big time guy from WARN Industries told me once about smokers.
They planted butts everywhere to bust the idiots and they banned smoking off property...
Id try this method, harmless, will get you results your looking for and easy to get butts smokers
KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:

HR, we call them useless tits at my workplace.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped453 View Post
HR, we call them useless tits at my workplace.
We dont have them where I work....my experience was with them when I was looking for a job....

That's a great name, BTW!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
RCC Addict

What do you mean by HR?
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
What do you mean by HR?
Human Resources, they help you find a worthless job, empty wage promises, and fire you if one them farts
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterSpec View Post

/rant

You need to do some ninja-like surveilance and start collecting evidence. If you've got a window that they walk by to go in/out of the building, start snapping pics of them every time they make a trip, and include a clock with the current time. When they leave for the day, include a pic of their work area (also with the current time). One days worth should be sufficient. Send all that to your plant managers boss and see what happens.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You need to do some ninja-like surveilance and start collecting evidence. If you've got a window that they walk by to go in/out of the building, start snapping pics of them every time they make a trip, and include a clock with the current time. When they leave for the day, include a pic of their work area (also with the current time). One days worth should be sufficient. Send all that to your plant managers boss and see what happens.

Now you have two people wasting time.

Sounds like these two may be just all around slackers, regardless of there vices.

I wouldnt worry about it. People like that usually work themsleves out naturally.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #13
RCC Addict

If I bypass my boss, more than likely the HR twins would get me canned rather than them.

Worthless tits, that sounds about right.

I'm not looking to get smoking banned, just those 2.

I forgot to mention that the office on the first floor complained that they would walk in the door and throw their buts in the lobby trash can. That stopped really quick, it f'n stunk.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I am sure you are on one of your 10 minute breaks while posting this.

But yea, sounds like a few people I have worked with in the past.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I just take their habits.

My boss complained about me checking my email (oddly not RCC or Subie forums).

So now I take 15 min smoke breaks and use my iPhone to check emails. He lost plenty of productivity by his retarded actions.

BTW I work in an office/warehouse with 15 smokers and 5 non-smokers.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I agree, the smell of stale smoke is disgusting, and beer breath/sweat (any alcohol) is just as bad, if not worse, also people who eat garlic laced food, should have a little consideration.
I worked at a place where the 'guys' would have a few beers after work and toss the empties in the garbage can, the next morning the whole shop would smell terrible, and would linger for most of the day.

Last edited by caymin last; 07-09-2010 at 10:12 AM.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
My boss complained about me checking my email (oddly not RCC or Subie forums).
That's funny....my boss doesnt say shit about me doing anything (forum time, driving RCs during working hours, etc.). In fact, he's got a username here and most of the RCs up here belong to him.

It's good to have a job that is just dependent on you getting the work done...not working efficiently all of the time....
Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It's good to have a job that is just dependent on you getting the work done...not working efficiently all of the time....

Amen brother!
motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
RCC Addict

At a restaurant I use to work at we had people who would take 1-2 smoke breaks an hour. Management didn't seem to care, which blew my mind. At one point there was a smoking ban on our building and within so many yards of the building. At first that lowered the amount of smoke breaks, but then the people would just leave the property and be gone even longer on their breaks.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I pefer this one: HuR = Human un-Resourcefulness...well something like that i think you get the idea....
DareDiver is offline   Reply With Quote