one more for now
http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/...-List-jacm.pdf
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Whats wrong with women in the workplace? And why on earth would they protest soldiers funerals. Do they not have enough brains to realise that they payed the ultimate sacrifice to keep the nation that they call home safe. What is their problem
Exactly.

Quote:
These people are sick
I told you.

Now, it has been a while since I've been to church (I used to go regularly when I was younger), but I dont recall that type of hatred being used or taught in church....and I went to a Catholic church! Maybe I had just had too much wine....

I just read the comment about the bikers....it's funny....WBC gets mad about them following WBC around the country. Those ex-military bikers are known to stand in front of the WBC protesters at the funerals and block them by holding large American flags.

http://www.life.com/image/57368247

Last edited by JeremyH; 07-23-2010 at 01:13 PM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Exactly.

I told you.

Now, it has been a while since I've been to church (I used to go regularly when I was younger), but I dont recall that type of hatred being used or taught in church....and I went to a Catholic church! Maybe I had just had too much wine....

I just read the comment about the bikers....it's funny....WBC gets mad about them following WBC around the country. Those ex-military bikers are known to stand in front of the WBC protesters at the funerals and block them by holding large American flags.

http://www.life.com/image/57368247
I have alot of Catholic friends lol. Good for those bikers though. They have a heart
Old 07-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Found this on their site:
http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html
That is the riot shedule. Here are some very disturbing quotes from it:

These people are sick
Now you see why my buddy followed his handful of rocks into their crowd, fists swinging. Others of our group were on our way in when the cops tackled Paul. That ended it. There were a lot of cops there fast, three seconds maybe. The cops were on our side, but their job was to not allow violence, so props to them for acting so quickly. They said they wished they could find a way out, but that they had to charge Paul because his attack was so obvious and there were hundreds of witnesses.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #25
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
Now you see why my buddy followed his handful of rocks into their crowd, fists swinging. Others of our group were on our way in when the cops tackled Paul. That ended it. There were a lot of cops there fast, three seconds maybe. The cops were on our side, but their job was to not allow violence, so props to them for acting so quickly. They said they wished they could find a way out, but that they had to charge Paul because his attack was so obvious and there were hundreds of witnesses.
Good for Paul though, for standing up as to what was right
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Good for Paul though, for standing up as to what was right
Yea. He's not the brawlin' type who gets parked on assault charges very often, he's more the successful marketing and media executive type, but he can sure recognize when something is absolutely intolerable and is willing to act against it.

And that's the real point here. There is too damn much tolerating of the intolerable anymore. Whether it's Phelps at a soldier's funeral, or those shitbirds who are building a mosque at ground zero in New York.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #27
LR3
Rock Crawler

I know you aren't supposed to get all religious on here, but that "church" claimes to be a Christian church. As a Christian, you hate the sin, but love the sinner. That being said, the fact that they hate homosexuals means that they CAN NOT be anywhere near a Christian church. We hate the homosexuality, but love the homosexual as if they are a friend and use that as a chance to reach out and witness to them. Also in the Bible, and I forget where, but it says "For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." It seems to me as if they think that they are immune to this verse. Also may I add, that it says to "Love thy neighbor" and that are all created equal (that is also in the Decleration of Independence if I am not mistaking). This church lives by none of the above. This "church" is why so many people are turned off to any sort of faith. They view us a hypocrits(spelling?)

Moral of the above rant, they CAN'T be Christians.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It seems to me as if they think that they are immune to this verse. Also may I add, that it says to "Love thy neighbor" and that are all created equal (that is also in the Decleration of Independence if I am not mistaking). This church lives by none of the above. This "church" is why so many people are turned off to any sort of faith.
Unfortunately, this seems to be a downfall of many extremely religious people/groups. They pick and choose the parts that they want to believe when it suits them best. This is the main issue that I have with religion and the reason that I do not attend church any longer...
Old 07-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #29
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Unfortunately, this seems to be a downfall of many extremely religious people/groups. They pick and choose the parts that they want to believe when it suits them best. This is the main issue that I have with religion and the reason that I do not attend church any longer...
I get what you are saying. Not all churches are that way though. You just have to find a good one
Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

It is the same with many facets of life. And unfortunately its catching on with more people as time marches on.

It is why we have religious extremists just as much as it is why we have criminals.

"Letter of the law". A phrase that will no doubt evolve its way out of our society.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I get what you are saying. Not all churches are that way though. You just have to find a good one

The way I see it is, you are supposed "to go out & spread the good word". "Tell everyone & shout from the mountain tops!".

How can you be a "laid back" church that emphasizes on no pressure & laxidation (yes I made that up), & at the same time be claiming to "practice what you preach"? Fact is you end up with churches that dont grow. From what Ive read in the B-I-B-L-E thats not a good thing.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
The way I see it is, you are supposed "to go out & spread the good word". "Tell everyone & shout from the mountain tops!".

How can you be a "laid back" church that emphasizes on no pressure & laxidation (yes I made that up), & at the same time be claiming to "practice what you preach"? Fact is you end up with churches that dont grow. From what Ive read in the B-I-B-L-E thats not a good thing.
The church is the whole body of belivers. Everytime somebody becomes a Christian, the church grows. You don't have to shout from mountain tops to spread the word.

As far as practicing what we preach, we arent perfect, just forgivin
Old 07-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

The point I was making with the church was the same point Jeremy was making. Theoretically (and Ive been a part of it) you could have a church with xyz number of members, they have kids & so on & so on, so you have "new believers", but the church never actually grows. This is the case for A LOT (if not most) of churches nowadays. Also there are a lot more people than 30-40yrs ago that just "go to church" regularly or irregularly but never actually become "part" of the church. Again no growth.

Well this is where I usually chime out. What retort can you give to forgiveness? It just makes everything all better doesnt it....
Old 07-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Also there are a lot more people than 30-40yrs ago that just "go to church" regularly or irregularly but never actually become "part" of the church.
This is what I find irritating. I have a colleague that is a regular at church yet, is an extremely angry person....full of rage in traffic, makes lude comments toward others, bigoted....

I know people who have NEVER attended church that are more spiritual and much better people than the person I referred to above.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Church is meaningless without God. Going to a building on Sunday and falling asleep in a pew doesn't make you any more spiritually connected than the local drunk in bar. In fact I would bet the drunk cries out to God more than the guy asleep in the pew.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote